List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taranto has kicked 46.51 in his career from 108 games, Petracca has kicked 132.108 from 141 games. No comparison.

Also, we complain about our midfielders' kicking. Taranto makes Viney's kicking look like Scott Pendlebury. Absolute butcher.
Trac has 878 out of bounds on the fulls when having a shot also to be fair :D

Taranto has kicked 46.51 in his career from 108 games, Petracca has kicked 132.108 from 141 games. No comparison.

Also, we complain about our midfielders' kicking. Taranto makes Viney's kicking look like Scott Pendlebury. Absolute butcher.
Taranto is an A-grader mate. No different to Viney. I don't buy into your hyperbole about Viney being pendles lol.

Taranto makes any team better. And he's still only 24.

Also Petracca played half fwd for the first 4 years of his career. Further to that, recent form is the most important form. And 9.21 is bloody disgusting. His ball drop is horrendous. He kicks more goals from the midfield than he does up fwd so keep him in the middle.

Watching people get excited at McStay convinces me that if Weid was at another club some of the same people who want him gone now would be salivating at the prospect of trading for a 25 year old key forward who averages a goal a game.
Genuinely thought this last night

Watching people get excited at McStay convinces me that if Weid was at another club some of the same people who want him gone now would be salivating at the prospect of trading for a 25 year old key forward who averages a goal a game.
Agreed. McStay look like he is as stiff as a board. I question his mobility and I don't seem him playing beyond 30.

We should absolutely not overpay for McStay. I truly believe that, in a bind, Tomlison could play almost the same role if he was the thrid tall down back or up front.
I agree, we shouldn't overpay, but that goes for any recruit really. But Tomlinson isn't a true forward as they go. I think his role is 3rd tall back, or pinch it on the wing.

Where as, McStay would be a same/same for TMc, with probably a harder attack on the ball. And genuinely is a swingman. This lets us have flexibility with Jvan Rooyen.

Recruiting McStay would be to replace TMc. In other words, a 3rd tall forward, who can go back. Experienced, and would slot straight into the side. As our window is open.

We still need to draft another young tall forward of serious height, as the replacement for BBB.

I'd be looking at Taranto. You can never have too many A-graders. Big rumours that he wants to come back to Vic. Unlike Viney, Oliver and Petracca Taranto can play forward. *No petracca can't play fwd until he fixes his goal kicking.

Yes, you can never have too many inside mids!

While we’re at it, let’s go for Cripps, Neale, Libba, Taylor Adams, Ben Cunnington, Jarryd Lyons and a few others. Just play a full team of inside mids FTW

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

still an if. and IF that was the case i doubt we'd go for a mid lol
oh yeah, you're probably right in terms of needs. Key Forward is still a massive issue. But there's really no-one on offer. I'd rather a Taranto than overpay for a guy like Mcstay. It seems like doing that would be like trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole.

While we’re at it, let’s go for Cripps, Neale, Libba, Taylor Adams, Ben Cunnington, Jarryd Lyons and a few others. Just play a full team of inside mids FTW

lets get Charlie Constable too while we're at it. Could we lure Dom Tyson out of North VFL too????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can call ourselves the Melbourne Bulldogs.

oh yeah, you're probably right in terms of needs. Key Forward is still a massive issue. But there's really no-one on offer. I'd rather a Taranto than overpay for a guy like Mcstay. It seems like doing that would be like trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole.
more key's will open up, and if not we go to the draft

more key's will open up, and if not we go to the draft
I hope so but I'm not too sure where our first pick is, maybe pick 35ish? No doubt we'll pick up a key forward/ruck in the draft. I really think we need an athletic tall forward. I'm happy for him to be a beanpole and we develop him. I do think Jason Taylor and Tim Lamb are going to be extremely aggressive in this trade period, because our need for a ruck/forward is already urgent. If Jackson leaves, 10 times more so. I do trust Jason Taylor with his picks and I love that we're aggressive usually. And we need to be.

Recruiting McStay would be to replace TMc. In other words, a 3rd tall forward, who can go back. Experienced, and would slot straight into the side. As our window is open.

We still need to draft another young tall forward of serious height, as the replacement for BBB.
You can say he's replacing Daw if you want, still doesn't change the fact you'd be paying half a million to be an average third tall forward when we already have Weid and Tmac on the list and hopefully an up and coming key forward in Van Rooyen

fair enough, though every other objection posed remains as far as I'm concerned
yeah no way we'd ever get him. he was forward while Toby Greene was out and did well but he's a way better mid

yeah no way we'd ever get him. he was forward while Toby Greene was out and did well but he's a way better mid
I find it difficult to picture his choosing us to play a non-preferred position especially as he would likely get paid more elsewhere. Though I like the idea of mixing it up in the forward line. So deep forward can be Taranto, Viney and um.... Oliver, with Kozzy to CHB, Fritta to ruck and Gawn to North Melbourne

I find it difficult to picture his choosing us to play a non-preferred position especially as he would likely get paid more elsewhere. Though I like the idea of mixing it up in the forward line. So deep forward can be Taranto, Viney and um.... Oliver, with Kozzy to CHB, Fritta to ruck and Gawn to North Melbourne
remember the trade Gawn chatter here in 2020???? that was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back