List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain the Grundy situation? I'm trying to wrap my head around it.. Is the plan to play Grundy on-ball and have Gawn spend more time forward?

Hopefully not Gawn as a forward as he is terrible there. Is much better being behind the ball, maybe grundy ruck foward half and Gawn back half. Gawn forward did not work at all. Honestly would prefer get a workhorse type second ruck like a Leigh Brown, Cam Pederson type that are ok at both.

yep. he was worth 3 first round picks before the season started. (that's what Adelaide offered him). He has chosen not to extend his contract right? So he has 1 year remaining. It's the same as Kozzie, if Kozzie was to leave, we'd be much better off to find a trade for him now than wait a year and have no leverage at the trade table.
There's so much wrong with this

Goodwin has now mentioned the same five names a second time in his new post season wrap up as being AFL ready from Casey. Van Rooyen, Bedford, Chandler, Laurie, Howes. That's three small forwards and a genuine winger, as well as one KPF out of two. It looks like Grundy is happening and that JVR will be a starter, so I wonder what we'll use our mid-late first pick/s on. Small defender seems like a problem area, and KPF is obviously still important.

No number 1 pick has ever moved across from 1 Vic club to another after a year, and there's no ******* hope in hell it happens now. He's still worth multiple first round picks
what are the odds that he leaves at the end of next year do you think?

Yes, he is definitely worth multiple firsts.

He has been very disruptive in his first year already at North. His value has dropped, from 3 firsts to 2 firsts.

Goodwin has now mentioned the same five names a second time in his new post season wrap up as being AFL ready from Casey. Van Rooyen, Bedford, Chandler, Laurie, Howes. That's three small forwards and a genuine winger, as well as one KPF out of two. It looks like Grundy is happening and that JVR will be a starter, so I wonder what we'll use our mid-late first pick/s on. Small defender seems like a problem area, and KPF is obviously still important.
Bedford and Chandler were ready all this year but we stuck with Spargo and Neal-Bullen who had very little impact on games. Howes is the interesting one, from the games I saw he looked very skinny but classy. Hope he has a big pre season and comes on as he will be great.

Bedford and Chandler were ready all this year but we stuck with Spargo and Neal-Bullen who had very little impact on games. Howes is the interesting one, from the games I saw he looked very skinny but classy. Hope he has a big pre season and comes on as he will be great.
Bedford got quite a few chances tbf. Chandler less lucky

I thought we could've had a crack at JHF. Obviously going to be an elite player. He's probably at his cheapest now in terms of trade worth.
yep. he was worth 3 first round picks before the season started. (that's what Adelaide offered him). He has chosen not to extend his contract right? So he has 1 year remaining. It's the same as Kozzie, if Kozzie was to leave, we'd be much better off to find a trade for him now than wait a year and have no leverage at the trade table.
Do you actually read your own posts? You've completely contradicted yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's not a contradiction. Did I say JHF wouldn't be cheaper at the end of next season? Once again, jumping to conclusions.
Your exact words were that he was "probably at his cheapest now in terms of trade worth." I'm no physicist, but I'm fairly sure that now is not the same as next year.

Are you such a contrarian that you disagree with the concept of time itself?

Your exact words were that he was "probably at his cheapest now in terms of trade worth." I'm no physicist, but I'm fairly sure that now is not the same as next year.

Are you such a contrarian that you disagree with the concept of time itself?
ok yes you are correct. I should've said, he is the cheapest he's been thus far in his career. But not necessarily the cheapest he'll be in his career.

Pretty disappointed so far by the lack of players we seem connected to.

Would think after last year and all the talk about needing to continue to improve we would be doing more to improve our list than just replacing our departing ruck like for like.

Teams around us like Collingwood, Brisbane, Geelong and Richmond are being super aggressive while the dees kick back and rely on a like for like swap to happen to get us up the ladder.

Hell, even North Melbourne look like they are about to attract more players than us.

All this talk of relying on Laurie and Chandler to get us back up is dreaming

Last edited:

Would think after last year and all the talk about needing to continue to improve we would be doing more to improve our list than just replacing our departing ruck like for like.

Teams around us like Collingwood, Brisbane, Geelong and Richmond are being super aggressive while the dees kick back and rely on a like for like swap to happen to get us up the ladder.

Hell, even North Melbourne look like they are about to attract more players than us.

If we are bringing in Grundy that likely takes up a lot of our free cap space. After signing Brayshaw, Oliver and Trac to long terms deals there isn't exactly a lot leftover to splurge.

If we are bringing in Grundy that likely takes up a lot of our free cap space. After signing Brayshaw, Oliver and Trac to long terms deals there isn't exactly a lot leftover to splurge.
The trick is to just sign everyone else to even longer deals

I can't believe we're chasing Grundy. What a mind boggling dumb decision to make. Not sure I can handle a season of Ben Brown, Tom Mcdonald, Grundy and potentially Melksham chasing opposition defenders. Embarassing stuff. Goodwin is crazy if he thinks replacing Jackson with Grundy is going to make us better.

I can't believe we're chasing Grundy. What a mind boggling dumb decision to make. Not sure I can handle a season of Ben Brown, Tom Mcdonald, Grundy and potentially Melksham chasing opposition defenders. Embarassing stuff. Goodwin is crazy if he thinks replacing Jackson with Grundy is going to make us better.

Should consider bringing Nathan Jones and Boomer Harvey out of retirement to add some forward pressure

At this stage of their careers, Grundy is a better player than Jackson, comfortably. On that alone, he should make us better.

I agree we need another KPF, but Grundy is an upgrade on Jackson, no matter how you look at it. It'll be up to Goodwin to make the tandem work effectively.

Tbh personnel wise Geelong and the Pies didn't add any notable guns to their 2021 lists that shot them up in 2022. Stengle was a delisted FA, the Pies best recruit was Daicos who's any 18y.o.draftee. Lipinski was an ok player they got for a 3rd rounder.
A change in gamestyle and bringing through more young talent a la JVR, Laurie (and Howes, Turner maybe?) could see some big improvement. We've got plenty of talent on the list (bar KPFs), it's up to the coaches to use it more effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back