List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot.

He is contracted
He doesn't want to leave, loves the Bombers and is a needed player

would look at two first-rounders, Oliver and you pay his contract.

:)
Did you forget to switch accounts?

According to trade people Gawns pushing the Grundy deal. He's the one who wants it and has assured Grundy of his role. Makes me ******* think Gawn thinks he's the superstar FF and Grundy will ruck round the ground ffs
or he is willing to sacrifice his own game to help the team get better?

There is a rumor swirling that the AFL are looking at extending the bench to 5 players, so carrying an extra ruck might not be such a big deal

I will say our clearance game should be even better with Grundy over Jackson, but yeah Gawn in the forwardline doesn’t inspire any confidence. Bloke needs to drop the ego for a start.
Ever since that Goal after the siren and the Prelim he thinks he is Plugger. I hope someone sits him down this offseason and tells him what it really is.

Geez we're dark on Max and very trusting of footy media all of a sudden. I reckon when you've been the All-Australian ruck 6 times, you're the Captain and you've just played a season injured and where every kickout is sat on your head so the entire opposition can knee you in the kidneys, you're entitled to be keen to get a good ruck partner into the club.

Geez we're dark on Max and very trusting of footy media all of a sudden. I reckon when you've been the All-Australian ruck 6 times, you're the Captain and you've just played a season injured and where every kickout is sat on your head so the entire opposition can knee you in the kidneys, you're entitled to be keen to get a good ruck partner into the club.

Yeah I definitely agree, but I think it's fair to doubt any plan that involves Max playing more as a permanent forward.

If Grundy does come, I hope it means Max plays a lot more behind the ball. This may help if Petty swings forward and we go with Turner or Tomlinson as a KPD.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I definitely agree, but I think it's fair to doubt any plan that involves Max playing more as a permanent forward.

If Grundy does come, I hope it means Max plays a lot more behind the ball. This may help if Petty swings forward and we go with Turner or Tomlinson as a KPD.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think it's inevitable with interchange restrictions that ruckmen spend a portion of time in the goalsquare to get a spell. The alternative is they sit on the bench a lot.

I doubt the plan is to play either Max or Grundy as a traditional tall forward for long periods. I'd suspect the model we have in mind having two ruckmen taking half the ground each and switching around to make it harder for opposition to run Max around or kick around him. That way we should always have one of Grundy or Max taking hit outs in the F50 instead of leaving it to Brown or Petracca like we were, and it also reduces the chances of them getting gassed from having to sprint the length of the ground in transition.

I think there's potential for this to work well, but it won't be simple to get right.

There's some incredible kool-aid drinking going on over on the Freo board. Makes for a good read

Summary:
  • They're not bluffing on Lobb and he will stay unless they get paid a king's ransom for him
  • They've got us over a barrel on Jackson trade and we are dragging it out to save face
  • They hate Tim Gossage for reasons I couldn't be bothered scrolling back to discover

If Gawn ends up playing more forward as a result of the Grundy trade, if you put away his terrible kicking action, I actually think his marking ability is right down. I suppose the game plan of kicking it on his head over and over again doesn't help.

Max is a Melbourne legend! He is probably our best ruck ever and a pretty good captain.

He is not a forward. He gets in the way of other forwards, and his goal kicking accuracy is abysmal.

It's possible to say we love him, but also don't rate his forward craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summary:
  • They're not bluffing on Lobb and he will stay unless they get paid a king's ransom for him
  • They've got us over a barrel on Jackson trade and we are dragging it out to save face
  • They hate Tim Gossage for reasons I couldn't be bothered scrolling back to discover
I didn't care until you said that they hate Sausage Gossage! What a gent!

Max is a Melbourne legend! He is probably our best ruck ever and a pretty good captain.

He is not a forward. He gets in the way of other forwards, and his goal kicking accuracy is abysmal.

It's possible to say we love him, but also don't rate his forward craft.

Regardless, he's going to spend some time forward. He can't rest in the back pocket or go to the bench 3 times a quarter.

I'd be very surprised if he has demanded the chance to prove that he's a full-forward in waiting. More likely the list management team got him onboard with the Grundy move so he had someone good to work in combo with and made sure Max presented a very positive front on it as part of the club's pitch to Grundy.

Can someone explain the Gold Coast Bowes thing to me? How is a side that have never made finals and has a star player demanding to walk out the door in a position where they are so desperate for a salary dump they are willing to trade their first pick away for nothing?

Can someone explain the Gold Coast Bowes thing to me? How is a side that have never made finals and has a star player demanding to walk out the door in a position where they are so desperate for a salary dump they are willing to trade their first pick away for nothing?
They did the same with Brodie last year to Freo. I think because of how s**t they were and to try and stave off the perpetual exodus of players they have they overpaid everyone who looked even quarter-decent, but they've done it without any foresight at all it seems

Nobody wants to sign a contract with GWS or Gold Coast unless they are massively overpaid. So Giants and Suns put massive 4+ year contracts in front of anyone who will sign, then 12 months later wonder why their salary cap is busted.

Bowes got his contract backended and is owed in the vicinity of $1.6m over the next two seasons. ~$800k is too much money for a guy who is not a proven matchwinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back