In: 44

Out: 27, 54
In: Grundy

Out: Jackson, F3
In: 13, Freo F1, Freo (not North) F2

Out: Tomlinson
In: Pick around 40-45

That then leaves us with: 13, 44, ~45.

If Tomlinson goes, I expect we'll need to use all three picks. That being said, armed with 13, our F1 and Freo's F1, I imagine we'll try and move up to the top-10 this year.

Freo can’t trade out both future 1st n 2nd rounders.

They also want a future 2nd for Sharp (which is why they are being a pain in the ass for us). They want there F2 for Sharp and keep North F2 due to future pick trading rules.

Only way it could work is if Dees F2 goes back their way somewhere in there.

Realistically, this is how I see it playing out for us.

Out: Bedford

If Tomlinson goes, I expect we'll need to use all three picks. That being said, armed with 13, our F1 and Freo's F1, I imagine we'll try and move up to the top-10 this year.
We don't want picks this year in the 40+ range. Draft doesn't have depth apparently. We might get those picks to send to Brisbane for an earlier pick but they are trying to get Dunkley in.

No mention of a top 20 pick for Weid?
I'd attach the top 20 pick from Freo to get rid of him, but we'll need to use all three selections ;)

Freo can’t trade out both future 1st n 2nd rounders.

They also want a future 2nd for Sharp (which is why they are being a pain in the ass for us). They want there F2 for Sharp and keep North F2 due to future pick trading rules.

Only way it could work is if Dees F2 goes back their way somewhere in there.
Imagine there'll be a way for them with whatever compensation they receive for Lobb.

There was the one SuperDraft year that we traded out of, 2018 maybe?
Sparrow, Jordon, Nietscheke, Hore and Bedford for picks 27, 33, 53, 56 and 75.

The pick we traded to get Lever in ended up at Carlton as pick 19 and was used for Liam Stocker but honestly there wasn't much on offer in that range anyway. Looking at it, the first round was pretty good but most of pleyers picked after that made it are just role players.

Yep, seems about right. Not entirely convinced we'll get a F2 back for Jacko as an upgrade on our F3, but we'll see.

Not sure who will take a punt on Tomlinson.

I wonder what happened to the the talk about Hunter? That seems to have died off.

I think it'll be this, but we'll pay Freo our F2 for North's F2.

Don't think Tommo will go anywhere, and if he does we'll get a very late pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bedford has no currency.

GWS are only interested because he fills a need and it is a cheap punt on a guy that has had 4 years development. He won't be detrimental to them if he fails to fire a shot.

GWS can’t get anyone to nominate them. You think when they finally get someone to nominate them they won’t pay a little extra to get the deal done?

Won’t be good optics for anyone else considering a move to GWS

GWS can’t get anyone to nominate them. You think when they finally get someone to nominate them they won’t pay a little extra to get the deal done?

GWS have stacks of picks that they won't be using. I'm sure we'll get something good - too good, given he's IMO pretty limited - for Bedford.

I reckon that was contingent on Harmes leaving
Yeah, Hunter signed his current deal straight after winning their B&F, so imagine it's decent money that we can't fit in as we're already taking on Grundy's big deal.

Jackson has been back in Perth for 3 weeks, how is he not already ******* sick of his Mum and signed a new deal with us yet?

He likes being tucked into his single racing car bed and getting read a story each night before bed too much

This and the fact they have a lot of good early picks. Think that is thee reason we are asking a high price because they have a lot of picks. GWS have offered a 3 year deal so they obviously rate him enough to do that.

This and the fact they have a lot of good early picks. Think that is thee reason we are asking a high price because they have a lot of picks. GWS have offered a 3 year deal so they obviously rate him enough to do that.

Bedford deal is probably going to be a bunch of R3&4 pick swaps that are contingent on us bedding down the Jackson and Grundy trades first.

Bedford deal is probably going to be a bunch of R3&4 pick swaps that are contingent on us bedding down the Jackson and Grundy trades first.

Bedford is probably worth more to them than a top 20 pick as he actually wants to go to GWS opposed to any top 20 picks who will piss off back to Victoria after 2 years for a lower pick then what they were taken for.

Exactly, Bowes is pretty irrelevant in the deal. The prize is pick 7 to allow you to move into the top 3. We come out like bandits, replace Jackson with another top 3 elite talent with a first and second left over to make other deals with in the future if we don't have the cap space this year.
This scenario skips the possibility that we too, like many clubs, try to get the good deals. We miss out like many others because players seem to want Geelong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back