List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:

West Coast Eagles may trade pick No.2 in AFL draft regardless of Luke Jackson agreement​

West Coast may be willing to trade pick No.2 in the AFL draft whether or not Melbourne ruckman Luke Jackson agrees to join the Eagles.

West Coast has indicated it may be willing to trade pick No.2 regardless of whether Luke Jackson agrees to a move to the club.

While talks are only preliminary, sources have confirmed rival clubs have been sounded out West Coast about the prospect of trading for the second selection in this year’s draft, with the Eagles open to splitting the pick to bring in multiple first-rounders over the next couple of years.

Eagles’ list manager Rohan O’Brien on Monday said the Eagles would not deal pick No.2 outright for Melbourne premiership tall Jackson, who has requested a trade back home to Western Australia.

While Jackson has long been favoured to land at Fremantle, he has not publicly declared a preferred destination of the two WA clubs.

Melbourne is keen to keep both WA sides interested in a bid to ramp up Jackson’s bidding price, and the Eagles have not publicly closed the door on Jackson.

In any case, pick No.2 has come up in early trade talks between West Coast and rival clubs. While far from committing to moving the selection, the Eagles are understood to be open to splitting the selection to bring in more first-round picks. Both the 2022 and 2023 drafts are options.

West Coast has publicly maintained the club will select the best available talent with its early selections and will not be swayed by concerns over the go-home factor, a topic again on the agenda following the trade requests of recent early selections Jackson, Jason Horne-Francis and others.

Most of this year’s likely top-five prospects are from Victoria, with Brisbane Lions father-son nominee Will Ashcroft, George Wardlaw, Elijah Tsatas, Harry Sheezel and Jhye Clark all hailing from the state. However, WA trio Jedd Busslinger, Elijah Hewett and Reuben Ginbey could all feature in the first-round.

Given the Eagles are open to dealing pick No.2 even if they are eliminated from the Jackson race, they could defer any deal until the second AFL trade period, which only involves pick swaps.

Riley Bonner’s manager says Port Adelaide would be open to moving the defender on this trade period.

There were initial reports linking Bonner with a shift to North Melbourne as part of a potential Jason Horne-Francis deal, but David Trotter insists he has not held conversations with the Kangaroos.

However, he has revealed that Bonner could possibly be on the move given what the Power are trying to do with their list.

Trotter says some clubs are interested in the 25-year-old but North is not one of those at this stage.

“I’ve had discussions with Port over the last couple of weeks,” Trotter said on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Exchange.

“They’re obviously trying to do a lot of things at the moment with (Junior) Rioli and Horne-Francis.

“So they said if there was an opportunity for Riley they’d look at it. Not exactly pushing him out but I think they need some list spots for what they’re trying to do.

“With where Riley sits, he’s played a lot of footy at half-back. Kane Farrell I think is going to play at half-back, (Jase) Burgoyne has come in.

“If he moves up to a wing they’ve got Xav Duursma, (Miles) Bergman, they’ve got a bit of depth in those areas so I think trying to get in the players they are, Riley may be able to move on if there was something out there for him.

“Those discussions have only started happening with clubs the last few days, it’s come pretty late.

“The North Melbourne one, it got reported categorically that he sat down with North Melbourne officials - I hadn’t to spoken to North about him once.

“Brady (Rawlings) actually rang me this morning and we had a laugh about how it could be reported so categorically and I had not spoken to ‘Brades’ in a couple of weeks.

“I don’t know if that changes down the track, but I haven’t spoken to North about Riley once.”

Bonner has played 82 games over seven seasons with Port including 17 appearances (one as a medi-sub) in 2022, where he averaged 18.8 disposals and 3.6 rebound 50s.

West Coast Eagles may trade pick No.2 in AFL draft regardless of Luke Jackson agreement​

West Coast may be willing to trade pick No.2 in the AFL draft whether or not Melbourne ruckman Luke Jackson agrees to join the Eagles.

West Coast has indicated it may be willing to trade pick No.2 regardless of whether Luke Jackson agrees to a move to the club.

While talks are only preliminary, sources have confirmed rival clubs have been sounded out West Coast about the prospect of trading for the second selection in this year’s draft, with the Eagles open to splitting the pick to bring in multiple first-rounders over the next couple of years.

Eagles’ list manager Rohan O’Brien on Monday said the Eagles would not deal pick No.2 outright for Melbourne premiership tall Jackson, who has requested a trade back home to Western Australia.

While Jackson has long been favoured to land at Fremantle, he has not publicly declared a preferred destination of the two WA clubs.

Melbourne is keen to keep both WA sides interested in a bid to ramp up Jackson’s bidding price, and the Eagles have not publicly closed the door on Jackson.

In any case, pick No.2 has come up in early trade talks between West Coast and rival clubs. While far from committing to moving the selection, the Eagles are understood to be open to splitting the selection to bring in more first-round picks. Both the 2022 and 2023 drafts are options.

West Coast has publicly maintained the club will select the best available talent with its early selections and will not be swayed by concerns over the go-home factor, a topic again on the agenda following the trade requests of recent early selections Jackson, Jason Horne-Francis and others.

Most of this year’s likely top-five prospects are from Victoria, with Brisbane Lions father-son nominee Will Ashcroft, George Wardlaw, Elijah Tsatas, Harry Sheezel and Jhye Clark all hailing from the state. However, WA trio Jedd Busslinger, Elijah Hewett and Reuben Ginbey could all feature in the first-round.

Given the Eagles are open to dealing pick No.2 even if they are eliminated from the Jackson race, they could defer any deal until the second AFL trade period, which only involves pick swaps.
Make it happen Port

Riley Bonner’s manager says Port Adelaide would be open to moving the defender on this trade period.

There were initial reports linking Bonner with a shift to North Melbourne as part of a potential Jason Horne-Francis deal, but David Trotter insists he has not held conversations with the Kangaroos.

However, he has revealed that Bonner could possibly be on the move given what the Power are trying to do with their list.

Trotter says some clubs are interested in the 25-year-old but North is not one of those at this stage.

“I’ve had discussions with Port over the last couple of weeks,” Trotter said on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Exchange.

“They’re obviously trying to do a lot of things at the moment with (Junior) Rioli and Horne-Francis.

“So they said if there was an opportunity for Riley they’d look at it. Not exactly pushing him out but I think they need some list spots for what they’re trying to do.

“With where Riley sits, he’s played a lot of footy at half-back. Kane Farrell I think is going to play at half-back, (Jase) Burgoyne has come in.

“If he moves up to a wing they’ve got Xav Duursma, (Miles) Bergman, they’ve got a bit of depth in those areas so I think trying to get in the players they are, Riley may be able to move on if there was something out there for him.

“Those discussions have only started happening with clubs the last few days, it’s come pretty late.

“The North Melbourne one, it got reported categorically that he sat down with North Melbourne officials - I hadn’t to spoken to North about him once.

“Brady (Rawlings) actually rang me this morning and we had a laugh about how it could be reported so categorically and I had not spoken to ‘Brades’ in a couple of weeks.

“I don’t know if that changes down the track, but I haven’t spoken to North about Riley once.”

Bonner has played 82 games over seven seasons with Port including 17 appearances (one as a medi-sub) in 2022, where he averaged 18.8 disposals and 3.6 rebound 50s.

So who is the lying f**ker at port who said we talked to him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we too conservative with our salary cap? We keep hearing that we are struggling to meet our minimum payments, we must have plenty available. We baulked at making Ben Brown our highest paid player at 750k per year, but other clubs have 6 players getting substantially more than that. And they still attract recruits with big offers. Geelong can take on dangerfield and Cameron from intestate on huge offers and sti fit in a salary cap dump of 850k. There must have been an opportunity to tell JHF's management before the decision was made that we'll give you 200 grand a year more than they're offering.

Are we too conservative with our salary cap? We keep hearing that we are struggling to meet our minimum payments, we must have plenty available. We baulked at making Ben Brown our highest paid player at 750k per year, but other clubs have 6 players getting substantially more than that. And they still attract recruits with big offers. Geelong can take on dangerfield and Cameron from intestate on huge offers and sti fit in a salary cap dump of 850k. There must have been an opportunity to tell JHF's management before the decision was made that we'll give you 200 grand a year more than they're offering.
Yes but the issue is that we're not going to pay over market for our current players because theyre not worth it. We should however have more good-elite talent on the list which command a higher paycheck. The problem is that we just don't have it.
Hence why we're paying guys like TT and Zurhaar 600k+ to make cap payments.

Those saying Duursma/ bonner are better than half our list - that may be true but we’re not comparing them to our list. We’re comparing them to Judas.
It’s like saying here’s a toyota for your Ferrari
We're comparing those players plus 2 first rounders to Judas. They're completely different things.

Was only a matter of time too. Also good for the Port PR team because Boyd can speak about mental health and the pressures of being a #1 pick. Then journos can referece that as an example of why the Roos must do the right thing by JHF because he's homesick. Hoping that'll push North to get the deal done for a "fair" price
Made no difference to Boyd, who flushed his Footy career down the Toilet anyway.
Personally I wouldn't be doing Port or JHF any favours.

if we can't get the right currency for him this year, then hold onto him and set up a bidding war for him next year between the crows and Port.

We're comparing those players plus 2 first rounders to Judas. They're completely different things.
Yeah and they won’t be missed at port - that tells you something.
I want players they don’t want to trade.

As i was guessing, he's off somewhere to help the WC pick 2 deal go through.

Welcome to North Wardlaw and Cadman + 2 first rounders in next years draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back