List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate in fairness to us, Trotter was cruelled by injury. Could play we just never got to see it.
Was very much rated in his draft year. Had skills but also crepe paper hammys

Elijah Hollands another 27 touches and 2 goals over the weekend.

We were linked to him in his draft year, would hope our recruiting team are getting in his ear about a move.

So looks like Taranto is Hopper is going to be pushed out of GWS.

Both would be huge upgrades on what we currently have and both still have plenty of upside/growth.

I’ve said before that I’d throw a huge front ended contract in front of Taranto and try take him in the PSD.

If GWS desperately need to offload Hopper then maybe we could trade pick 2 & future 2nd for Hopper & Pick 5 and one of their other picks in the twenties.

Then Take Busslinger with Pick 5. Cadman or Keeler with our later pick.

Both would be huge upgrades on what we currently have and both still have plenty of upside/growth.

I’ve said before that I’d throw a huge front ended contract in front of Taranto and try take him in the PSD.

If GWS desperately need to offload Hopper then maybe we could trade pick 2 & future 2nd for Hopper & Pick 5 and one of their other picks in the twenties.

Taranto PSD would be orgasmic

Brady do something

We won’t push to psd, I think we’d might be able to use a pp as part of the deal.

Simpkin + 3 for Taranto?

Unless we get one for nothing (PSD) or next to nothing I don't really want to add many more midfielders. We're making a rod for our own backs if we do, these guys, whether people we bring in or mids already on our list, aren't gonna want $400k a year for their careers.

Unless we get one for nothing (PSD) or next to nothing I don't really want to add many more midfielders. We're making a rod for our own backs if we do, these guys, whether people we bring in or mids already on our list, aren't gonna want $400k a year for their careers.
We need an upgrade in certain parts of the midfield

At this stage the jury is still out on so many of our younger mids. IMO we are still a long way off having a premiership quality midfield.

Simpkin isnt playing as a mid in a top 4 side.

LDU definitely deserves a pay rise but is still a long way off getting paid top $$$. JHF obviously showing heaps but a lot to play out there.

Cunners probably only had a year or two left. Greenwood wouldn’t be on much.

Powell & Phillips still have plenty of growth before they are commanding top dollar.

We definitely have room for genuine two way runners in our midfield. I could see Hopper having the same sort of impact as Hewett has had at Carlton this year.

The PSD is a fantasy, we don’t have the courage to do it.

At this stage the jury is still out on so many of our younger mids. IMO we are still a long way off having a premiership quality midfield.

Simpkin isnt playing as a mid in a top 4 side.

LDU definitely deserves a pay rise but is still a long way off getting paid top $$$. JHF obviously showing heaps but a lot to play out there.

Cunners probably only had a year or two left. Greenwood wouldn’t be on much.

Powell & Phillips still have plenty of growth before they are commanding top dollar.

We definitely have room for genuine two way runners in our midfield. I could see Hopper having the same sort of impact as Hewett has had at Carlton this year.
The club see it different with Jy. Don't forget we see TT and even Taylor (hybrid mid/wing) as mids. Stephenson also to spend time in there is the aim.

Powell and Phillips may not be commanding top dollar in the next few years but I'm certain they won't wanna hang around on a flank or in the twos.

Don't get me wrong I rate the two blokes you mention but I don't want us to end up with 8-9 prime mover mids on top dollar and underutilising more than a couple of them, while the defence and forwardline are a shambles. If we pick up a Taranto or Hopper I hate to say it but I'd prefer we made moves to trade a mid out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club see it different with Jy. Don't forget we see TT and even Taylor (hybrid mid/wing) as mids. Stephenson also to spend time in there is the aim.

Powell and Phillips may not be commanding top dollar in the next few years but I'm certain they won't wanna hang around on a flank or in the twos.

Don't get me wrong I rate the two blokes you mention but I don't want us to end up with 8-9 prime mover mids on top dollar and underutilising more than a couple of them, while the defence and forwardline are a shambles. If we pick up a Taranto or Hopper I hate to say it but I'd prefer we made moves to trade a mid out.

Realistically, you need 4/5 mids that rotate through the centre square every game. At present we have JHF & LDU as sure things, Phillips & Powell with push their way in which means we need to find one more elite footballer to run through there.

Simpkin IMO isn’t up to it, he can find the footy, but he does absolutely nothing with it and his accountability leaves a lot to be desired.

TT I don’t think will end up a full time midfielder. Happy to be proven wrong but there is big question marks over his tank & and accountability. I think he is far better utilised in an outside role. Same goes for Stevo. Taylor like Stevo, needs to prove he is up to being an AFL footballer.

If we have the opportunity to get a Taranto or Hopper I think we’d be stupid not to investigate it further, especially when both are exceptional two way runners (which we don’t have at all at the moment).

As I mentioned above, I’d be looking to get Hopper with a pick downgrade then pick up the best available talk with our first and then another tall later in the draft.

We need a mid, a KPF and a KPD
Realistically, you need 4/5 mids that rotate through the centre square every game. At present we have JHF & LDU as sure things, Phillips & Powell with push their way in which means we need to find one more elite footballer to run through there.

Simpkin IMO isn’t up to it, he can find the footy, but he does absolutely nothing with it and his accountability leaves a lot to be desired.

TT I don’t think will end up a full time midfielder. Happy to be proven wrong but there is big question marks over his tank & and accountability. I think he is far better utilised in an outside role. Same goes for Stevo. Taylor like Stevo, needs to prove he is up to being an AFL footballer.

If we have the opportunity to get a Taranto or Hopper I think we’d be stupid not to investigate it further, especially when both are exceptional two way runners (which we don’t have at all at the moment).

As I mentioned above, I’d be looking to get Hopper with a pick downgrade then pick up the best available talk with our first and then another tall later in the draft.
You keep saying Simpkin isn't accountable, watching live is entirely different to the TV. He is the lone hand that consistently pushes backwards upon a turnover. The issue is that the turnovers are sometimes his, but this notion he is unaccountable is just incorrect. He will still be a midfielder in a good side, he is having a s**t run and the pitchforks are out.

It's only an upgrade if we boot the person they're replacing out, otherwise it's an addition and the person they replace becomes a very expensive magoos player.
Yes but at presently constructed that midfield (even accounting for improvement) isn’t a flag winning midfield. I’d expect some will need to be moved on

We need a mid, a KPF and a KPD

You keep saying Simpkin isn't accountable, watching live is entirely different to the TV. He is the lone hand that consistently pushes backwards upon a turnover. The issue is that the turnovers are sometimes his, but this notion he is unaccountable is just incorrect. He will still be a midfielder in a good side, he is having a s**t run and the pitchforks are out.

Pitchforks aren’t out I’m just realistic with Jy’s potential. Let’s be clear I’m not criticising every part of his game (he finds the footy & can win clearances) but I just don’t see him becoming anything more than a B Grade midfielder, purely because he isn’t damaging and in this day and age if you are a midfielder in a top 4 side you need to be damaging.

I see his defensive running effort, but it’s his positioning and reactionary approach that make him unaccountable. Opposition coaches filter play through his direct opponent because they know that he gets sucked into the contest far too often. Which is why he ends up 5 to 6 steps behind his direct opponent all the time.

I wish I was half decent at putting clips together because it happened at least 8 times on the weekend.

Pitchforks aren’t out I’m just realistic with Jy’s potential. Let’s be clear I’m not criticising every part of his game (he finds the footy & can win clearances) but I just don’t see him becoming anything more than a B Grade midfielder, purely because he isn’t damaging and in this day and age if you are a midfielder in a top 4 side you need to be damaging.

I see his defensive running effort, but it’s his positioning and reactionary approach that make him unaccountable. Opposition coaches filter play through his direct opponent because they know that he gets sucked into the contest far too often. Which is why he ends up 5 to 6 steps behind his direct opponent all the time.

I wish I was half decent at putting clips together because it happened at least 8 times on the weekend.
He is 5 to 6 steps off his opponent because we concede more scores from direct turnovers than any other side this year, and probably in recent history. Every player in the team transitioning forward is caught out of position and is reactionary as a result, that's how it works.

We should’ve had the balls to use it last year. Don’t need to make friends at the trade table IMO. But the way we handled the CCJ trade suggests to me we don’t want to play hard ball.

100% agree, as a bottom club you need to use every advantage you can.

The crap about maintaining relationships is complete nonsense, just get deals done.

The PSD will only work if the player is pissed off with his current club Ie Jack Martin.

He is 5 to 6 steps off his opponent because we concede more scores from direct turnovers than any other side this year, and probably in recent history. Every player in the team transitioning forward is caught out of position and is reactionary as a result, that's how it works.

I wasn’t really talking about turnovers. Every player ends up in the s**t when it happens.

It’s more his stoppage and centre square craft where he doesn’t read the play that well and gets caught out of position that leads to his unaccountability.

It may well be a coaching/structure issue but I’ve noticed it more and more over the last 2 years.

I wasn’t really talking about turnovers. Every player ends up in the s**t when it happens.

It’s more his stoppage and centre square craft where he doesn’t read the play that well and gets caught out of position that leads to his unaccountability.

It may well be a coaching/structure issue but I’ve noticed it more and more over the last 2 years.
Last year he was statistically one of the best clearance players in the comp RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back