List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so surprised it isn’t get much media attention at the moment considering most of their other OOC players have signed?

Would be huge for us. Keep hearing that he wants to stay but there can’t be much left in the bank after all their re-signings and Rory Lobb arrival?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah it was getting some attention then Smith had the 4 weeks off for suspension so it actually died down a bit over that time

Reckon it will start to pick up again now that he is back playing

Duck the GOAT

Senior List
Apr 5, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was curious what Sydney's drafting has been over the past 10 years. So looked it up:

2010 Parker (40)
2011 Mitchell (21, F/S), Cunningham (rookie)
2012 J.Lloyd (Rookie), Rampe (Rookie)
2013 Z. Jones (15), Hewett (32), Nankervis (35, traded), Aliir (44, traded)
2014 Heeney (18, Academy), Newman (Rookie, traded)
2015 Mills (3, Academy), Dawson (56, traded), Papley (Rookie)
2016 Florent (11), Hayward (21), D.Cameron (48,traded)
2017 T. McCartin (33)
2018 Blakey (10, Academy), Rowbottom (25), McInerney (44)
2019 Stephens (5), C.Warner (39)
2020 McDonald (4), Campbell (5, Academy), Gulden (32, Academy)

Understand they have had A BIG leg up with academy selections (Heeney, Mills, Blakey, Campbell, Gulden), but outside of those they have generated quite a lot of value with their 2nd, 3rd round and earlier in the decade rookie picks (bolded).

Stark contrast to our recruitment.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was curious what Sydney's drafting has been over the past 10 years. So looked it up:

2010 Parker (40)
2017 T. McCartin (33)

Understand they have had A BIG leg up with academy selections (Heeney, Mills, Blakey, Campbell, Gulden), but outside of those they have generated quite a lot of value with their 2nd, 3rd round and earlier in the decade rookie picks (bolded).

thats why the sydney recruitment manager is so sort after

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The club has publicly stated that they are looking at a couple of 24-28 year olds to help fill the void at the moment.

Free Agents I think would be worth a look include:

De Goey - Much needed skill and X factor.

Zaine Cordy - 195cm KPD 25 yo. Is gettable, premiership player and provides depth in our depleted KP stocks.

Gunston - Short term option and forward craft to assist Larkey.

There are also a few players yet to re-sign that may be looking for a new home. Our #1 pick in the PSD gives us the upper hand in trades you would hope this year:

Oliver Henry (Col) - 20 yo mid fwd who might find it hard to get a game. Has shown promise.

Griffen Logue (Fre) - Might not be any coin left for him after Jackson signs. Would slot straight into our 22.

Emerson Jeka (Haw) - 197cm KPF, 20 yo, Might struggle for opportunity with Lewis, Kositchke and Gunston.

Bailey Smith (WB) - Still not signed this late in the season, which I find odd considering the speculation surrounding Jackson and others. Would be a huge marquee acquisition and would take a heap to get him across.

Stack (RIC) - 22 yo Seems to be on the outer and unlikely to get a new deal. In need of a fresh start? Wouldn’t cost much. Loves a kebab with CCJ.

Rioli (WCE) - 27 yo but Still unsigned and is in the top handful of crumbing forwards in the league. Would a rebuilding WCE entertain a trade? A late starter and would still have a few quality years left in the game. Apparently open to a move to Vic where he went to school. Would immediately make us a 5 goal better team with score involvements and pressure.

If we could snag even 3 of these players it would go along way to making us competitive again.

Clarkson may be the difference in getting some of these across the line.

Assuming we do get Clarkson, Sydney Stack is exactly the player he ends up getting the most out of..
seems to turn these wayward types into men.
And at his best Stack is a match winner.

Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah it was getting some attention then Smith had the 4 weeks off for suspension so it actually died down a bit over that time

Reckon it will start to pick up again now that he is back playing

You hear more about Rankine and even Dyson Heppell than what you hear about Bailey Smith.

I can only think that they have agreed in principal and just ironing out the last of the details.

Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Assuming we do get Clarkson, Sydney Stack is exactly the player he ends up getting the most out of..
seems to turn these wayward types into men.
And at his best Stack is a match winner.

Agree.

I though he showed huge potential and was even an all-Australian at under 18 level. Seems to be floating through the VFL now not doing much.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

2010 Parker (40)
2017 T. McCartin (33)

put ours up- we'd all enjoy that.

Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll add to your list Daniel Rioli, Tanner Bruhn and tim Taranto all still out of contract

Daniel Rioli, whilst having a good year, I think he has been made to look better than he is by those around him. I think Willie Rioli is far superior.

Tanner Bruhn, reminds me of Caldwell and Hately, in the sense that he will be sought after but hasn’t done much to excite?

Taranto is supposedly already done at Richmond.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree.

I though he showed huge potential and was even an all-Australian at under 18 level. Seems to be floating through the VFL now not doing much.

I had a feeling he’d have a break out this year, I was wrong. I thought the tigers fought to keep him there this year too because of it..
He just seems like a change of scenery would do the world of good for him.

And for what it’s worth, he’d slot in at either end of the ground for us, pretty much exactly what we need, as a crumbing goal kicker or rebounding defender.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
If Zurhaar went to * I am confident I'd find a new level of disgust well below when Josh Gibson bailed out for Hawthorn.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

2010 Parker (40)
2017 T. McCartin (33)

Gonna say that's mostly development and coaching, not recruitment.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
If Zurhaar went to * I am confident I'd find a new level of disgust well below when Josh Gibson bailed out for Hawthorn.

If we can get Clarkson squared away, I’m assuming that he’s canvassed the out of contract players over the next 12 months. It’d be hard to see him walking into a joint that was facing an exodus of the few established good players.

If we don’t land him, I’ll be concerned.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The club has publicly stated that they are looking at a couple of 24-28 year olds to help fill the void at the moment.

Free Agents I think would be worth a look include:

De Goey - Much needed skill and X factor.

Zaine Cordy - 195cm KPD 25 yo. Is gettable, premiership player and provides depth in our depleted KP stocks.

Gunston - Short term option and forward craft to assist Larkey.

There are also a few players yet to re-sign that may be looking for a new home. Our #1 pick in the PSD gives us the upper hand in trades you would hope this year:

Oliver Henry (Col) - 20 yo mid fwd who might find it hard to get a game. Has shown promise.

Griffen Logue (Fre) - Might not be any coin left for him after Jackson signs. Would slot straight into our 22.

Emerson Jeka (Haw) - 197cm KPF, 20 yo, Might struggle for opportunity with Lewis, Kositchke and Gunston.

Bailey Smith (WB) - Still not signed this late in the season, which I find odd considering the speculation surrounding Jackson and others. Would be a huge marquee acquisition and would take a heap to get him across.

Stack (RIC) - 22 yo Seems to be on the outer and unlikely to get a new deal. In need of a fresh start? Wouldn’t cost much. Loves a kebab with CCJ.

Rioli (WCE) - 27 yo but Still unsigned and is in the top handful of crumbing forwards in the league. Would a rebuilding WCE entertain a trade? A late starter and would still have a few quality years left in the game. Apparently open to a move to Vic where he went to school. Would immediately make us a 5 goal better team with score involvements and pressure.

If we could snag even 3 of these players it would go along way to making us competitive again.

Clarkson may be the difference in getting some of these across the line.

Quality post.
I would add Highmore from the saints for a late pick myself.

bennymate

Premium Gold
May 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Freo ITK posters saying Zurhaar will stay at North FWIW

Approve South Park GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.