List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should send us a pick Gold Coast style for that salary dump. Hill and their 2nd pick and we cover his entire wage. 900k a year for 2 years, that's a lot of coin
yeah i think they wont be as generous but taking him for free (eg pick in 70-80) and maybe have them pay 200k a year would be decent

I’d rather DeNoey than Hill.. pass on both would be my preference

De Goey is a better player than Hill.

I am not saying we should get De Goey, but he is a level above imo. (i'd rather neither also)

Put it this way, if we got De Goey i'd be ok with it assuming clear terms of output and behaviour etc, but if we sign Hill i'll put my little outboard boat and tackle Bass Straight purely to hunt down the campaigner who signed the deal at Arden St.

I'd rather just play Josh Goater in the position. Why is Jy acting like Hill is a good player?

Interesting comparison! Goater has never played at afl level so don't even know if he will make it yet and hill has 3 premierships. Having said that Hope Goater he has a good debut but can't deny hill has talent and is a super user.... saints can't seem to find the right position for him has played wing hb and hf flanker... not overly sold on him for us as has certainly dropped off. I actually wanted him 3 years ago when assumed in prime but not at 900k or whatever stupid value it was

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't know how much Hill is on, but i heard 900k, if that's the case st kilda need to pay 400k of it.
even a salary dump I'm not keen on, some of our players will already be pissed off that we brought in players like Polec and Corr on big cash yet they are not getting their own payday.

if i'm CZ and i haven't been given what i want money wise and Hill comes in, im packing my bags.

Cz hasn't not signed because of money... just playing it smart and waiting to see who next coach is before committing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

if we bring in Hill it should be for no more than Aaron Hall and a future 3rd (our draft hand is bare enough this year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the deal with Acres? He was one of St Kildas better players I thought but he went to Freo cos he wanted to go home . I thought he was doing okay for Freo? Why would he want to come back to Melbourne?

Still don't get the obsession with wingers and unaccountable half backs.

Would prefer to hear us chasing names like ....

Sam Taylor
Griffin Logue
Lewis Melican

We still leak like hell defensively. Tired of watching a backline based around Hall, Young, Stevenson types.

What’s the deal with Acres? He was one of St Kildas better players I thought but he went to Freo cos he wanted to go home . I thought he was doing okay for Freo? Why would he want to come back to Melbourne?
Hi
Excuse the interruption but I can throw some light on this.

Acres was not homesick, was very happy in Melbourne. Unfortunately for me ( because I liked him) Freo wanted him as part of the deal for Hill. He was a very last minute inclusion and surprised us all, including him, but because he was from WA he was OK to go back. Probably also helped that the coaches were playing him all over the shop which wasn’t helping his football develop and then he became a bit of a whipping boy.

I‘d have him back, he’s developed pretty well at Freo I thought.

Hi

Acres was not homesick, was very happy in Melbourne. Unfortunately for me ( because I liked him) Freo wanted him as part of the deal for Hill. He was a very last minute inclusion and surprised us all, including him, but because he was from WA he was OK to go back. Probably also helped that the coaches were playing him all over the shop which wasn’t helping his football develop and then he became a bit of a whipping boy.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I always thought he was a good player.

Hi

Yeah Ive watched a lot of Freo games this year and he’s been very good.

I would have him in a heart beat.

What a move getting Lynch. I consider this a massive positive so far.

I'm just glad we snapped him away from the Old Scholars 2nds that were circling, so we've done really well.

Masterstroke, get someone from a failing bottom 4 club and take up a list spot to fit him in whilst he plays zero games.

Our fwd line is a well oiled machine thanks to Waqar Younie.

Last edited:
Inconsistent? He's kicked goals in his last 15 games, and 30 of his last 34.

I don't understand the mentality of letting him go for a draft pick.
I don't want to lose him but if he wants out and signs somewhere else then that's the reality we may face of having to trade him.
I think he's had poor starts the last two seasons but corrected in the 2nd half which is not uncommon early in his career.
And yes gameplan, ball movement and lack of supply have a bit to do with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back