List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before but Dan Mcstay should be on our target list.

Very capable key position player who I reckon would make a great CHB. Great size and mobility, can really take a grab and is ordinary kick for goal hence would want him as defender.
Yeah free agent and would have ties with noble

He'll leave for more oppurtunity and better money. Especially if Pearce & Cox are the preferred KPD's. Logue suits our list profile far more than Pearce. Pearce's injury history doesn't make him at all appealing imo.
Hard to pry local WA boys out so logue and Chapman would be tough

Alex Pearce is our best bet, free agent
Alex won't leave WA, loves it WAY too much and don't you worry, brady knows it ;)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
McStay won't leave.

1638341252964.png

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
He'd have been a fantastic pickup for North. Old management vs current I guess.

I agree he would have been a great pickup but I'd say it was current-ish management involved. Rawlings was doing his gardening but the pick swap with Melbourne that year reeked of his input. Considering what Howard cost the Saints it's a good chance we wouldn't have made that swap and would have cost ourselves Powell.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Normally all for developing from within but Moore is probably the best defender in the game and top 5 MVP when at full tilt. Both he and McKay together would be unbelievable together.

I fully believe that the team starts from the back and it really showed with Melbourne once they got May fit and playing with Lever. They were a strong wall all season.

And the "but what about the youth contracts etc. Etc." - sure you can worry about that but they are no guarantee to develop into stars and it certainly didn't stop Melbourne this year with all their mids. If you start playing well and you get buy in from the players it's easier to keep the team together. They accept less in hopes of winning a premiership.

We don't even have 1 marquee highly paid player yet. Some of the top clubs have multiple and they're making it work

In saying that i think we have next to 0% of getting Moore. A man can dream though.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Normally all for developing from within but Moore is probably the best defender in the game and top 5 MVP when at full tilt. Both he and McKay together would be unbelievable together.

I fully believe that the team starts from the back and it really showed with Melbourne once they got May fit and playing with Lever. They were a strong wall all season.

And the "but what about the youth contracts etc. Etc." - sure you can worry about that but they are no guarantee to develop into stars and it certainly didn't stop Melbourne this year with all their mids. If you start playing well and you get buy in from the players it's easier to keep the team together. They accept less in hopes of winning a premiership.

We don't even have 1 marquee highly paid player yet. Some of the top clubs have multiple and they're making it work

In saying that i think we have next to 0% of getting Moore. A man can dream though.
Outside of the giving kids the games part my worry is the fact he's never played a full season of footy due to injury or other reasons.
Doesn't look good for a guy we're potentially spending 800-900k+ on.
1638409279976.png

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne

i agree with everything you’ve written except I would expand that argument out to any elite KPD whose attributes fit in with the team and the game plan.

Key defender next for Kangas

NORTH Melbourne will target a key defender in next year’s draft crop as the club’s recruiting team seeks to find the final pieces for its list rebuild.

The Kangaroos started the process in the midfield and now boast one of the most enviable young on-ball brigades in the competition. Pinching Hugh Greenwood off unsuspecting Gold Coast as a delisted free agent was an unexpected bonus ahead of crowning boom teenager Jason Horne-Francis as the dux of this year’s draft class.

North Melbourne list manager Glenn Luff conceded in a members’ Q&A that the Roos next needed to address their key defender shortage.

MARC McGOWAN

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

NORTH Melbourne will target a key defender in next year’s draft crop as the club’s recruiting team seeks to find the final pieces for its list rebuild.

The Kangaroos started the process in the midfield and now boast one of the most enviable young on-ball brigades in the competition. Pinching Hugh Greenwood off unsuspecting Gold Coast as a delisted free agent was an unexpected bonus ahead of crowning boom teenager Jason Horne-Francis as the dux of this year’s draft class.

North Melbourne list manager Glenn Luff conceded in a members’ Q&A that the Roos next needed to address their key defender shortage.

MARC McGOWAN

Busslinger it is, folks.

He seems more a mid range first at this stage, however that can change in 12 months and could push up higher into the top 10.

Assuming we finish bottom 6, I’d be looking at using that on best available, trading our future first (2023) for another first in 2022 & taking Busslinger.

Leaves us with Pick 1-6, Busslinger + Harvey.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
So if we only have one spot left other than A Cat B rookie, and Lynch is expected to take that spot, why are Hore & WWalker training with us.
I was thinking maybe cunnington will end up being on lti. However article on hore says he's going to be on our vfl list if he doesn't get the afl spot

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

MARC McGOWAN

We need a ready made kpd.
Our midfield will be flying come 2024
Not a guy we hope might make it in 3-4 years - even Weitering who was #1 pick took a few years to come good.
I’d trade it for a gun defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back