List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to utilise the new puma money give Darcy Moore a sponsorhip and the dusty outside the cap deals/money

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I still don’t see where this ‘setting us back 10-12 years’ is coming from. We would have known 2-3 years into the Durdin/Neilson draft that they might not make it. You seriously think the club waits until they’re delisted until they address holes in our list? We recruited McKay what 1 year after those two? It is one position on a list, I just can’t fathom how you think it has set us back that long.

I also think you’re undervaluing how FA/trade can fill holes. You’re basically using the draft as the only solution to fill holes in a list. In the last 2 off seasons we have filled a hole up either end with Corr and CCJ.

Richmond are probably a bit short up forward with the loss of CCJ, but it hasn’t set them back a decade has it? A year ago we were laughed at for not picking McDonald with our first pick. A year later we’re stocked with Larkey, Comben, Edwards and CCJ. This is clear evidence that things can change pretty quickly in specific areas of the game.

I think we need to add stocks to our defence no doubt, but saying we’re 10-12 years behind is a massive over exaggeration.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Carry on much?

Pretty simple that the 2014 draft baseline "10-12 years in terms of development" in response to the HBFlanker post suggesting that "if we draft a KPD" next year, he could be "4-5 years behind the core group in terms of development" is about posters discussing the KPD holes on our list from previous poor draft results.

2014 for instance was unusual in that our first 3 picks were all tall defenders and after a collective 15 seasons of development and 50 games, the club had to go back to well with Walker and Corr and also where we cannot wait another 4-5 years on some kid (which would be 2026) even if we are very lucky and resign McKay who is OOC end of 2023 and looks like a RFA.

Conversely, 2007 also was heavy on KDP/F where the club nailed Tarrant, Thompson, Grima for 501 AFL games after picking up Hansen at pick 3 the year before. Collectively covered our KPD stocks for a dozen years. If it didn't, Brad Scott might not have lasted 10 years.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just glad it wasn’t you impounded. I thought an unscrupulous tinder date may have gotten the better of you.

Ha nah there normally very kind and caring. Although I am currently deciding whether or not to apply for a job on the Sunshine Coast. Right up my alley, but will be a logistical nightmare to pull off.

🤣🤣 Hope you had car in your possession when cracking said jokes

Yep well we were standing in front of it as I pointed out all the road grime and lack of detailing. FYI the dude was cross-eyed, not that I'm judgemental of that of course. Thought it a nice touch and gave it a real Collingwood vibe.

But just touching on the thread and its reason for existing. The end of 2022 delisting's will be fascinating. Names aren't jumping out and screaming delist me.
Polec, Anderson could be two senior players in the gun. My opinion of course.

Like what he has with Nike currently?
Collingwood are with Nike but he’s with adidas so no under the table team deal

but if we can get him over switch him to puma, do a dusty where tigers are with puma also. Can pull a shifty

05FE0C1E-E1FD-4F96-8829-E3DEDFBA240B.jpeg

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Ha nah there normally very kind and caring. Although I am currently deciding whether or not to apply for a job on the Sunshine Coast. Right up my alley, but will be a logistical nightmare to pull off.

Yep well we were standing in front of it as I pointed out all the road grime and lack of detailing. FYI the dude was cross-eyed, not that I'm judgemental of that of course. Thought it a nice touch and gave it a real Collingwood vibe.

But just touching on the thread and its reason for existing. The end of 2022 delisting's will be fascinating. Names aren't jumping out and screaming delist me.
Polec, Anderson could be two senior players in the gun. My opinion of course.
Young hayden atu unless they have big seasons. They're first in the gun

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a few that I'd say would be busting their guts to keep their spot in the side; especially from the backline.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Young is in more trouble than Hayden and Atu for mine.

Alex Pearce still my number one KPD target. I dont think he would break the bank either and we need to start thinking that way with a lot of the young brigade coming out of contract 2022 and 2023 (TT, LDU, Powell, CZ)

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Alex Pearce still my number one KPD target. I dont think he would break the bank either and we need to start thinking that way with a lot of the young brigade coming out of contract 2022 and 2023 (TT, LDU, Powell, CZ)
Pearce isn't leaving mate.
I think all 3 mentioned are in huge trouble.
If you can't make it consistently into the best 22 then you need to be worried, clubs don't keep depth players with minimal AFL experience heading into their mid 20s.
Especially when we're drafting guys like goater and Jackson to play the same/similar position on field and already have bonar and perez as seemingly preferred players.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
If you can't make it consistently into the best 22 then you need to be worried, clubs don't keep depth players with minimal AFL experience heading into their mid 20s.

Clubs usually make exceptions for players with specific upside. Otherwise a player hitting year 3+ in the system without consolidating is usually in trouble.

Players like Garner and Wood come to mind as the above type of exceptions because both on their day could be matchwinners in different ways. So the club held on hoping it would come together consistently.

Josh Walker aside as he's a known quantity who can at least hold down a spot, Spicer is the only young player I see there who might be held longer than his games tally supports because he has some rarer qualities for our list - outright pace, agility, fall of the ball movement etc.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Clubs usually make exceptions for players with specific upside. Otherwise a player hitting year 3+ in the system without consolidating is usually in trouble.

Players like Garner and Wood come to mind as the above type of exceptions because both on their day could be matchwinners in different ways. So the club held on hoping it would come together consistently.

Josh Walker aside as he's a known quantity who can at least hold down a spot, Spicer is the only young player I see there who might be held longer than his games tally supports because he has some rarer qualities for our list - outright pace, agility, fall of the ball movement etc.
- Plenty of players get dropped every year that finish their first/2nd contracts. If you're not pushing for a spot then you're in trouble. North has consistently upgraded the skills of the players on the list in the last 2 drafts and anyone taken before that with issues outside of just being tough or likes to tackle needs to be careful.

- They were given contracts under previous regimes and wernt cut early. Obviously had some upside as you say but not good enough to get ANY attention at senior level at the trade table. Wood picked up as DFA in PSS period.

- agreed. But there are younger guys who are up for contract in 2022 that don't offer that. If we're going to be playing goater/archer over lachie young, hayden or Atu then they should 100% be worried about keeping their spot in the team.
The forward line and midfield are getting stacked and the mediocre players have been cycled out from the position (Wood, Garner, daw, Will Walker etc in recent years). Defense really offers the only spot for delistings going forward into the 2022 trade period unless the likes of goldy, hall or zeibs decide to retire to free up spots.
Remeber we need to move on 3 players at a minimum.
Sorry for the formatting, just on my phone.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
There's a few that I'd say would be busting their guts to keep their spot in the side; especially from the backline.

The irony being that we drafted an endless stream of flankers over the years and ended up with a couple of 31 old mid/forwards in Ziebell and Hall plus a small forward in Turner back there. Even Polec was playing HB before getting injured in the Dogs game.

McDonald is contracted to 2026 has produced one genuinely good season and may be more defensive wing now.

There are at least a dozen others fighting them for a spot even after the likes of Atley and Menadue were delisted.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The irony being that we drafted an endless stream of flankers over the years and ended up with a couple of 31 old mid/forwards in Ziebell and Hall plus a small forward in Turner back there. Even Polec was playing HB before getting injured in the Dogs game.

McDonald is contracted to 2026 has produced one genuinely good season and may be more defensive wing now.

There are at least a dozen others fighting them for a spot even after the likes of Atley and Menadue were delisted.
Noble came in and identified the need for true talent at arguably the most important position on field.
Mature agers commanding the players on the field from the HB position.
Birchill, hodge from the position did really well at brisbane and helped to steady a young group.

I think we've drafted so many in the position just trying to find someone to stay on full time.
Just like perez/bonar have had injury concerns and now we've probably taken better talent in goater/bergman.
Its crazy to think but we've 100% drafted better players in the last 2-3 years than we have had in the current 22 in most positions (benefits of having 5+ picks in concurrent years). Smarter footballers with clean skills will make up the side in the coming years and I'm excited about it.

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Apart from the fact on numerous times it has been mentioned on here that Pearce has no desire to leave WA and join us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back