Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know you're connected by the tone of your posts, and we both know you're talking BS. Enough. Pretty tired of people here potting his character pretty recklessly.
Mate he was disgruntled at 2020s end and left a year later with a revised offer on the table. But sounds like we will go around in circles so let's park it.

What I find puzzling is that his departure lays solely at the feet of the club and he has no role in his pulling a tigers jumper on.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would any club give us an early third rounder for Jed?

Dons? Since they have soft utensils in there
He’d have to improve significantly over the rest of the season. Which is possible as his match fitness builds, but he looks like he’s been running in treacle since he returned.

We should be tracking JUH who is stuck in the vfl at the dogs, with Josh Bruce still to come back later this year

Can be our second tall forward instantly

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We should be tracking JUH who is stuck in the vfl at the dogs, with Josh Bruce still to come back later this year

Can be our second tall forward instantly

They’re after key backs, maybe we could trade them Walker.

In all honesty I’ve thought about JUH, but I can’t see anybody paying the price they’d want.

What do you think the price would be?

Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd be showing Van Roo Yen bags and bags of Yen

The difference with the kids that Melbourne draft is that when they are developing and learning their craft in the VFL, they are surrounded by experienced bodies like Weideman, Tomlinson, Majak etc.

Our kids are thrown to the wolves with no structure or experienced spine around them.

Look at our VFL performance today. Our kids had no contribution and had maybe a dozen stats. Terrible for development, not to mention the confidence sapping 100 point loss.

Whereas Van Rooyen can slot in seamlessly whilst the experienced teammates take most of the attention. If we drafted Van Rooyen and he was developing in the VFL he’d be one out in the forward line taking the oppositions best defender and getting bashed every week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
The difference with the kids that Melbourne draft is that when they are developing and learning their craft in the VFL, they are surrounded by experienced bodies like Weideman, Tomlinson, Majak etc.

Our kids are thrown to the wolves with no structure or experienced spine around them.

Look at our VFL performance today. Our kids had no contribution and had maybe a dozen stats. Terrible for development, not to mention the confidence sapping 100 point loss.

Whereas Van Rooyen can slot in seamlessly whilst the experienced teammates take most of the attention. If we drafted Van Rooyen and he was developing in the VFL he’d be one out in the forward line taking the oppositions best defender and getting bashed every week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep its a good point, and perhaps digging a bit deeper. Having a stand alone VFL team in theory sounds good, BUT all indications are that's not the case for us. And to you your point, we seem to have very few guys hanging around and playing VFL to help develop, teach, and support the kids. Tyson is one, but guys like McMillan you'd have thought would have been able to make an excellent contribution. AND I thought that was what Lynch was supposed to be doing as well?

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep its a good point, and perhaps digging a bit deeper. Having a stand alone VFL team in theory sounds good, BUT all indications are that's not the case for us. And to you your point, we seem to have very few guys hanging around and playing VFL to help develop, teach, and support the kids. Tyson is one, but guys like McMillan you'd have thought would have been able to make an excellent contribution. AND I thought that was what Lynch was supposed to be doing as well?

He’s finished at AFL level but someone like Walker would be good to keep at VFL level if we can, even get Majak back.
We need some talls to help out(sounds a lot like the AFL side)

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Stand alone VFL teams don't work when you have no talent, no spine, no kpps and no *s given to fielding a competitive team.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Another huge turnover coming up I would suspect. I've counted 10 blokes that probably won't get another contract at year's end:

Aaron Hall
Jed Anderson
Josh Walker
Kayne Turner
Kyron Hayden
Lachie Young
Matt McGuinness
Patrick Walker
Todd Goldstein
Tom Lynch
Atu Bosenavulagi

I'd personally consider giving Lachie Young and Atu another year, but wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen.
Young
Hall
Bosensvulagi
Possibly McGuinness all others off the AFL list but with the VFL list and the real world would love to keep Anderson Turner and Walker on at the VFL level.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Souup

Aaron Hall- 12 months
Jed Anderson- delist
Josh Walker- will no doubt hit the triggers for a further year- lol sad but true
Kayne Turner- will probably get 2 years- oh well
Kyron Hayden- I'd give him another 12 months
Lachie Young- will probably get 2 years, is improving and we haven't many that average 16 odd disposals.
Matt McGuinness (R)- probably kept on.
Patrick Walker (R)- delist
Todd Goldstein- FA gone
Tom Lynch (R)- delist
Atu Bosenavulagi- delist

We will have two top 20 picks and Boomer Jnr to add to our list. Can't see us cutting deep this coming season of slaughter.

So that would be 3 from the senior probably need one more. Upgrade Hayden then pick up 3 rookies.

Not flash at all

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Souup

Aaron Hall- 12 months
Jed Anderson- delist
Josh Walker- will no doubt hit the triggers for a further year- lol sad but true
Lachie Young- will probably get 2 years, is improving and we haven't many that average 16 odd disposals.
Todd Goldstein- FA gone
Tom Lynch (R)- delist
Atu Bosenavulagi- delist

We will have two top 20 picks and Boomer Jnr to add to our list. Can't see us cutting deep this coming season of slaughter.

So that would be 3 from the senior probably need one more. Upgrade Hayden then pick up 3 rookies.

Not flash at all
I do like it when you get the hatchet out.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Espn No GIF

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I do like it when you get the hatchet out.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Oh if I could get the hatchet out;

Atu, Archer, Turner, Lazzaro, Mahony, Walker x2, Polec, Anderson, Greenwood if Cunners is back. Trade Xerri and one of our more fancied youngsters.

None of it will happen as we can't afford to be worse in 2023. We need room for Phillips, Comben, Goater, JHF and our pick 1 or 2. I'm thinking pick #1 and Ford, we also rate Spicer as a mercurial type.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Souup

Aaron Hall- 12 months
Jed Anderson- delist
Todd Goldstein- FA gone
Tom Lynch (R)- delist
Atu Bosenavulagi- delist

Not flash at all

Where are we getting the 2nd top 20 pick from?

I think we need to keep Anderson, his physicality ect is important for physically immature side. At minimum he is very very handy depth.

Walker would have to stay on, but hopefully he'll play VFL next year instead of AFL.

Young stays, he has shown enough this year.

Obviously the rest of the season to go but I can't see how you can make case to retain any of the following: Turner, Hayden, Atu, Lynch (lol) or P.Walker.

Goldy gone to FA

I'd happily pay out Polec's contract as he is contributing next to nothing. Considering Ziebell's output, it would be best he if hung them up too.

Archer would also want to show a bit more than 3 touches per game if he is going to get a gig on the main list.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Where are we getting the 2nd top 20 pick from?

I think we need to keep Anderson, his physicality ect is important for physically immature side. At minimum he is very very handy depth.

Walker would have to stay on, but hopefully he'll play VFL next year instead of AFL.

Young stays, he has shown enough this year.

Obviously the rest of the season to go but I can't see how you can make case to retain any of the following: Turner, Hayden, Atu, Lynch (lol) or P.Walker.

Goldy gone to FA

I'd happily pay out Polec's contract as he is contributing next to nothing. Considering Ziebell's output, it would be best he if hung them up too.

Archer would also want to show a bit more than 3 touches per game if he is going to get a gig on the main list.

Mate we've won 8.5 games of our last 44, which is exactly two completed seasons. Caro is in with the AFL and she mentioned it, so as good as done. I doubt we'll win 3 more games this year. So around 10 wins from our last 57 games come season close. Good grief

It should be straight after our first but lets see. If we don't get one no one can ever get one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back