List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm sure I read an article stating Roos would still be involved at some level

I think it was reported as him quitting game day involvement rather than all involvement but cant find non paywall souce:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wQFnoECFAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1POhj-zuPFz1cqAg-LoSEU

This is the sort of genius we are paying for btw:

Paul Roos has urged North Melbourne to hand Brad Scott a new contract and let him rebuild​

Kangaroos head coach Brad Scott. (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images)

Kangaroos head coach Brad Scott. (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images
September 12th, 2016 2:05 pm
"Roos has been doing some part-time mentoring of AFLW players and some coaches over Zoom while spending the summer with family in Hawaii and continental America.

While his company Performance By Design will still continue running much of the club’s leadership work through co-founder Gerard Murphy, Roos will remain in America for the foreseeable future."

View attachment 1402215

Poor old JMac has aged a bit in recent years...

View attachment 1402218
Always thought this bloke was a bit underrated back in the day. He'd give Larkey a good chop out if he was running around today as a third tall forward.
a whos who w@nkf!ist of those kinda companies though:

On Gerard:

"Gerard is the driving force behind program development and mentoring at Performance by Design. He has been a leading management consultant in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America for over 20 years.

After a successful career in teaching, Gerard spent 4 years at the Melbourne Football Club before beginning a career as a leadership consultant. In 2007, Gerard helped design and build the much-revered high-performance culture at Geelong FC. This culture would propel the team to win 3 premierships in 5 years and become the league benchmark for team performance.

Looking for his next challenge, Gerard went on to spend 4 years in the UK, with several high-profile sporting teams including England Rugby and the GB Olympic team, as well as some high-profile UK corporate organisations. While in the UK, Gerard was appointed as the inaugural Chairman of the AFL Europe commission on behalf of the AFL.

Since returning to Australia in 2013, Gerard has continued his work in elite sport, as well as building an impressive resume working with some of Australia’s leading corporate and commercial organisations including Caterpillar, Nissan, Westpac, Vocus, Museums Victoria, Roberts Co, Higgins Coatings, Bunnings and Manningham City Council."

If you can bullshit well enough, those performance ‘consulting’ companies can fleece organizations blindly.
There is an adage about consultancies.

"if you do not have the solution, there is good money to be made in prolonging the problem"

Confirmation from the CEO himself lol

“Amarfio also confirmed that ex-Swans and Demons coach Paul Roos was contributing from afar as a paid consultant of the club along with Gerard Murphy, formerly with Port Adelaide and Geelong, who runs the leadership program.”

I have two issues with this. How the fu** can Roos do anything remotely positive in ******* Hawaii and the other is who the fu** is Gerard Murphy? What leadership program? We havnt had leadership at the club in years. It’s all bullshit. This has all the looks of a money laundering scheme. Leadership program. Ffs
Either that or we are processing hush money payments because Goldi had another go at Gerard’s trophy wife or something.

It just makes it more concerning that we are spending our soft cap coin on useless apointments like this.
I hope why our cap is maxed out starts to make sense. Why our list is so poorly developed and why our football program seem so far off the pace.
Noble is only a product of the clubs recent decisions that so far seem way off.

I’m all for a rebuild and changing the list. And I want Noble to succeed. But how can any one of us say with conviction that the club is to be trusted with making the right calls when we are wasting money we don’t have on this s**t.

Well said Tazaa - the reasons for our problems never set foot on the Arden St turf. Buckley performing President duties from Sydney, countless guys like Roos, Murphy, McPherson and Rawlings’ team. No accountability for performance whatsoever yet fleecing the joint off the back of coming from successful systems. I hope the new Pres can see this stuff going on and cleans it all out. Build some proper support around the coach, give him proper resources to be successful, and then measure the performance.
We ain’t at the bottom yet….

That's out of scope work, I'll be providing you a quote for a variation to undertake that thanks.
To get to the quote however we will need to complete a deep dive scoping exercise which will take 3 weeks, we will need access to between 15 and 50 people. We will also be providing a contingent of staff to facilitate the sessions. The quote itself will likely run around $20k a week or those 3 weeks.

We will have our best people on this *proceeds to only send interns with NFI

Players out of contract this year with the potential delistings (my thoughts) marked with an asterisk:

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Aaron Hall20224Non-Free Agent
Atu Bosenavulagi*20222Non-Free Agent
Bailey Scott20224Non-Free Agent
Ben Cunnington202213Unrestricted Free Agent
Cameron Zurhaar20226Non-Free Agent
Curtis Taylor20224Non-Free Agent
Flynn Perez20223Non-Free Agent
Jed Anderson20227Non-Free Agent
Joshua Walker*20223Non-Free Agent
Kayne Turner*20229Restricted Free Agent
Kyron Hayden*20225Non-Free Agent
Lachie Young20222Non-Free Agent
Matthew McGuinness*20223Non-Free Agent
Patrick Walker*20222Non-Free Agent
Todd Goldstein*202216Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Lynch*20221Non-Free Agent
Tom Powell20222Non-Free Agent
Tristan Xerri20225Non-Free Agent

Could’ve sworn Powell signed a contract extension.

Edit- Powell signed to 2024
and Perez also is signed till 23

88B924D9-5CE5-4D30-B09B-7778F7346614.jpeg

So did every club that has received one.

Melbourne and Carlton deliberately lost games.

Melbourne played a ruckman in the back pocket in contentious games, where they were subsequently punished.

Carlton deliberately lost the Kruizer cup.

Melbourne were fined half a million dollars for their antics and then were immediately re compensated with overs for James Frawley who netted them pick 3 which became Angus Brayshaw.

The idea that we are undeserving of a Priority pick because of list management decisions is utter f***ing hogwash.

Melbourne played a ruckman in the back pocket in contentious games, where they were subsequently punished.

Melbourne were fined half a million dollars for their antics and then were immediately re compensated with overs for James Frawley who netted them pick 3 which became Angus Brayshaw.

The idea that we are undeserving of a Priority pick because of list management decisions is utter f***ing hogwash.

It’s just a narrative getting pushed hard by the AFL media and of course no one outside of North wants us getting a PP. s**t I hated it when our draft picks got pushed back because of other clubs getting PP’s and the lottery of players the expansion clubs got.

I don’t want charity, I just want a fair go.

Can you refer me to the rule that mentions "exceptional circumstances" and then elaborate on what exceptional circumstances Gold Coast encountered?
It's quite simple - GC were a complete basket case and the AFL needed them to improve so they received a whole raft of concessions (well beyond PP's).

The 'exceptional circumstances' were that they are a franchise club that has struggled to make any impact on or off the field since joining the competition.

None of that will be at all relevant to whether we receive a PP - a club coming into its 100th in the VFL/AFL.

Imo we may receive some assistance from the AFL to make us more competitive in the short term (and this may include a PP) given how bad we are but this assistance is also likely to come with conditions around the development of our list and decisions we make. Not draconian conditions but nevertheless some conditions as a way for the afl to say get your s**t together North.

The idea that we traded away pick 19 in the second year of a rebuild is straight out list management incompetence and the AFL will tell us so as they should.

The AFL wont be handing out freebies to clubs that cant get their own house in order - and that is exactly where we are at atm.

If they give us some assistance expect conditions to be attached and it will be embarrassing for us that we can't have complete list management freedom for a year or 2 - we may of course choose not to accept those conditions and pass on the assistance provided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a whos who w@nkf!ist of those kinda companies though:

On Gerard:

"Gerard is the driving force behind program development and mentoring at Performance by Design. He has been a leading management consultant in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America for over 20 years.

After a successful career in teaching, Gerard spent 4 years at the Melbourne Football Club before beginning a career as a leadership consultant. In 2007, Gerard helped design and build the much-revered high-performance culture at Geelong FC. This culture would propel the team to win 3 premierships in 5 years and become the league benchmark for team performance.

Looking for his next challenge, Gerard went on to spend 4 years in the UK, with several high-profile sporting teams including England Rugby and the GB Olympic team, as well as some high-profile UK corporate organisations. While in the UK, Gerard was appointed as the inaugural Chairman of the AFL Europe commission on behalf of the AFL.

Since returning to Australia in 2013, Gerard has continued his work in elite sport, as well as building an impressive resume working with some of Australia’s leading corporate and commercial organisations including Caterpillar, Nissan, Westpac, Vocus, Museums Victoria, Roberts Co, Higgins Coatings, Bunnings and Manningham City Council."

So Gerard was at Melbourne 2003-2007?

What a powerhouse they were at the time and just entering a golden era.

The AFL wont be handing out freebies to clubs that cant get their own house in order - and that is exactly where we are at atm.

Rubbish.

THe AFL handed out massive amounts to the current premiers to "get their house in order". IN fact teh AFL have their hands all over them.

• Appointed Peter Jackson
  • Assisted in getting Roos in
  • gave priority picks
  • gave overs in compensation for Frawley, that year they got pick 3 for Frawley and Hawthorn got pick 19 for Franklin, just nonsense.

and to get these things what did Melbourne actively engage in?

Cheating, they cheated the system and had staff banned from the game and were fined half a million dollars.

What secrecy.

I thought that was common knowledge.
364D4B07-911D-467F-88EF-D248FC18BAB6.png
Tazaa seems to have gone a bit 4chan with this stuff.
Yeh nah. Ralf comes out in February with this piece and then Amarfio drip feeds a bit more last week.
Meanwhile there is NO official correspondence from the club. I don’t subscribe to Murdoch rags so wouldn’t have been privy to the context.

I think when Roos dropped his game day role and moved to Hawaii, it’s fair to assume that he was done and dusted. Now we find out he isn’t. To think we agreed to it as well is just a massive waste of money. The criticism is justified and valid.

View attachment 1402272

Yeh nah. Ralf comes out in February with this piece and then Amarfio drip feeds a bit more last week.
Meanwhile there is NO official correspondence from the club. I don’t subscribe to Murdoch rags so wouldn’t have been privy to the context.

I think when Roos dropped his game day role and moved to Hawaii, it’s fair to assume that he was done and dusted. Now we find out he isn’t. To think we agreed to it as well is just a massive waste of money. The criticism is justified and valid.
Maybe his role is to review the Champion Data stats and relay the info back to Nobes and Luffo to give an independent perspective?

"Roos has been doing some part-time mentoring of AFLW players and some coaches over Zoom while spending the summer with family in Hawaii and continental America.

While his company Performance By Design will still continue running much of the club’s leadership work through co-founder Gerard Murphy, Roos will remain in America for the foreseeable future."
Thanks Krakouers for posting the context.
Although now I’ve got the full gist of the article, all it has done has made me more steadfound that we are being absolutely geed here.
How on earth do we measure the true value of this?
So he’s not involved with the men, the AFLW season finished months ago, he only zooms with the coach’s and we’re expected to believe this is worth continuing on in? And he’s manouvered to have his company provide ‘leadership work’ of which he directly benefits from. Well so far everything’s going well across all levels of the football program 🤨

You can't be serious? If either are there next year we are totally taking the piss.

Our list build is a mess.

Walker survives due to no one to replace him and even if we bring in a couple of kids he’ll be kept for backup.
Turner similar and is part of the leadership group

*Essendon took drugs and still got rewarded with the number 1 pick.

AFL to everyone: here you go, these picks should help you.
AFL to North: ii's your fault and you got a MSD pick anyway.

Maybe his role is to review the Champion Data stats and relay the info back to Nobes and Luffo to give an independent perspective?
Mate I genuinely believe we are being rorted so this wouldn’t surprise me.

I guarantee come off season we will cut all ties with Roos. One thing the club knows is how to waste money but also knows how to cut hard if another shiny new thing appears that takes it’s interest. We’re literally like a teenage girl with daddy’s credit card at a Mecca sale at Chandy, distracted by the next best thing that’s on offer at a discounted rate.

Rubbish.

THe AFL handed out massive amounts to the current premiers to "get their house in order". IN fact teh AFL have their hands all over them.

• Appointed Peter Jackson
  • Assisted in getting Roos in
  • gave priority picks
  • gave overs in compensation for Frawley, that year they got pick 3 for Frawley and Hawthorn got pick 19 for Franklin, just nonsense.

and to get these things what did Melbourne actively engage in?

Cheating, they cheated the system and had staff banned from the game and were fined half a million dollars.
You are getting to emotional here OF.

Not only have the rules changed re PP's but what you are saying above is what I am saying will be the case for us - but at a much reduced level.

Melbourne got told what to do by the AFL - the AFL basically had to step in to run the club to ensure they got their house in order.

That wil be the case as well for us (though by no where near as much as Melbourne) IF we were choose to apply for on field assistance.

There is zero chance the AFL are writing a meaningful blank cheque to us - it will come with conditions as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back