List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are getting to emotional here OF.

Not only have the rules changed re PP's but what you are saying above is what I am saying will be the case for us - but at a much reduced level.

Melbourne got told what to do by the AFL - the AFL basically had to step in to run the club to ensure they got their house in order.

That wil be the case as well for us (though by no where near as much as Melbourne) IF we were choose to apply for on field assistance.

There is zero chance the AFL are writing a meaningful blank cheque to us - it will come with conditions as it should.
I’m not sure it would be a bad thing if the AFL did step in?

The current crop aren’t exactly filling us with confidence that they know how to run a successful club.

You are getting to emotional here OF.
LOL, Nah.

Melbourne got told what to do by the AFL - the AFL basically had to step in to run the club to ensure they got their house in order.
We will not because off field we have done a power of work in regard to the financial standing of the club. Some of what is playing out currently is becuase we made very hard (and some expensive) calls off field while still increasing membership and turning a profit.
That wil be the case as well for us (though by no where near as much as Melbourne) IF we were choose to apply for on field assistance.
Perhaps. I don't really see them suggesting we are terribly run. I mean what are they going to do? give us a new president? Well we did that. Get in a senior statesmen from the league to look at how we do things? Well we did that. Appoint a new CEO? Well our one is only a ew years into tenure and came from a significant sporting body.

If they wanted to sway things off field soft cap relief would likely have the most impact.
There is zero chance the AFL are writing a meaningful blank cheque to us - it will come with conditions as it should.

I don't want a blank cheque. In fact I don't even want close to what Gold Coast got the last time they got assistance. I only want a fraction of it TBH.

We are comparative to GC when they were given half the world.

LOL, Nah.

We will not because off field we have done a power of work in regard to the financial standing of the club. Some of what is playing out currently is becuase we made very hard (and some expensive) calls off field while still increasing membership and turning a profit.

Perhaps. I don't really see them suggesting we are terribly run. I mean what are they going to do? give us a new president? Well we did that. Get in a senior statesmen from the league to look at how we do things? Well we did that. Appoint a new CEO? Well our one is only a ew years into tenure and came from a significant sporting body.

If they wanted to sway things off field soft cap relief would likely have the most impact.

I don't want a blank cheque. In fact I don't even want close to what Gold Coast got the last time they got assistance. I only want a fraction of it TBH.

We are comparative to GC when they were given half the world.
Why would you not want equivalent?

I'm all for dumping PP's completely, but I sure as s**t want what other teams would get. It makes no sense to turn our noses up whilst other teams are given the tools to get there faster than us. We get close to nothing from head office - take what we can get.

Why would they not want us winning flags.
Because North winning Flags is not as profitable as let’s say Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon etc.

The AFL is no different to a profit driven organisation.

It’s pretty easy to see that Profit overrides equity just by the way they fixture clubs.

Last edited:
Because North winning Flags is not as profitable as let’s say Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon etc.

It’s pretty easy to use that Profit overrides equity just by the way they fixture clubs.
That and they've tried to * us unsuccessfully for years...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't necessarily disagree with that. The AFL hate us, I genuinely believe that and yes money is their sole driving factor.

However just previously, you also stated you wouldn't mind the AFL stepping in to take us over.

Not having a go at you mate, don't take it that way personally, but which is it?

It certainly can't be both, as I don't want the AFL anywhere near our club or running it outside providing equalisation measures which we deserve (like all others) as a participant in the competition.
You are misinterpreting both posts. I said would it be a bad thing if the AFL gave us some assistance and requested partial control? In my option I don’t think it would because I have no confidence in the current administration to make us work in a football sense.

I don’t think the AFL is actively trying to make us fail or hates us, but they definitely have an agenda to see the bigger clubs be more successful. It results in more profit for the AFL.

The two points are not mutually exclusive. They would only be contradictory if I had a belief that the AFL wants us to fail?

To the AFL we are just the ugly step child. You will take care of it, but you won’t love it like your favourite child / children.

Last edited:

It’s pretty easy to see that Profit overrides equity just by the way they fixture clubs.
Well not sure about that would not say the Demons Dogs the Hawks would be all that profitable and they have won 5 out of the last 10 flags. Magpies 12 years ago and no body can remember the Bombers last flag.

Well not sure about that would not say the Demons Dogs the Hawks would be all that profitable and they have won 5 out of the last 10 flags. Magpies 12 years ago and no body can remember the Bombers last flag.
You need to read in context of what I said. I said if the big clubs were wallowing down the bottom, would there be any question of assistance?

I don’t think there would, because the big clubs wallowing is not the best financial outcome for the AFL. With North the impact is not as pronounced, so they may be less inclined to give us assistance.

As much as we all want to think there is some conspiracy, at the end of the day, the AFL can’t engineer who will win the flag, all they can do is maybe make the path a little less difficult for some.

If we can get it right on the field and assemble the right list, there isn’t anything that the AFL can really do to stop us from winning.

The only time the AFL really engineered a side to win Premierships was the Fitzroy merger with Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want a priority pick for sure. (more if we are lucky enough)

But I don't want the AFL getting their noses involved in the running of our club.

I don't trust them and in fact I hate them.

We can and will get out of this mess ourselves.

I'm not sure I could cope with the media pile-on if we were granted a PP. If it came to pass, I reckon I'd have to live off the grid for a while.

I'm not sure I could cope with the media pile-on if we were granted a PP. If it came to pass, I reckon I'd have to live off the grid for a while.
I could,
I’d happily drive around the channel 9 car park tooting the horn and giving the double finger if we a) got a very high priority pick or b) won multiple premierships because of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back