List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be in the minority but I rate Fiorini’s kicking to some extent, he isn’t a world beater but his short kicking is neat when I’ve seen him. I’d say he’s probably a net-positive midfielder just probably not one who fits into the mix Gold Coast already have. Would’ve been probably better to get than Greenwood but would’ve cost more and wasn’t really what the club was looking for.

Josh Battle still out of contract

In the right age range can play KPP either end.

I’m still all aboard riding the battleship to the PSD with a decent contract offer

Has he played much for StK this yr? Could be handy, but I’m not sure he’d leave
Yeah he has, mostly as a 3rd defender but was an elite forward. He has played on the wing and forward too. Classic swing man. Like anyone hard to pry out in our current state, but a handy footballer nonetheless. Very similar to tomlinson but better overhead. Always thought he'd make a good player

Yeah he has, mostly as a 3rd defender but was an elite forward. He has played on the wing and forward too. Classic swing man. Like anyone hard to pry out in our current state, but a handy footballer nonetheless. Very similar to tomlinson but better overhead. Always thought he'd make a good player
Sounds like what mason wood could have been

One of THE classic examples of our incompetent mid 2010s recruiting; Battle goes at 39, and we pick - Declan Williams and Josh Williams

More than anything we need diligent role players and/or leaders to help drive the game plan and drive standards for our young players.

I would be looking at the 30+ age bracket very closely.

Shannon Hurn, Taylor Walker, Jason Johannisen. Can't say I'm an expert at knowing all the names on the free agent list but I'd be looking at something like those names.

More than anything we need diligent role players and/or leaders to help drive the game plan and drive standards for our young players.

Shannon Hurn, Taylor Walker, Jason Johannisen. Can't say I'm an expert at knowing all the names on the free agent list but I'd be looking at something like those names.
I agree, logged in to just support this. I hope our footy club is looking for someone that would like to take on a mentoring role and be a leader on and off the field. Players that spring to mind Dylan Grimes, Phil Davis, Tom Jonas.. not sure on contracts and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree in principle but if we're after a leader to set standards for our younger players I would not be taking Taylor Walker under any circumstances, don't need that racist at our club.

Agree with the sentiment but I don’t want Taylor Walker anywhere near our club after his racism.

Don’t know his contract status but Selwood is a good leader, someone like him would be great.

We offered him 2 years.

We only blinked and offered two after Richmond offered two.

In hindsight, offering JZ and Taz two years each wouldnt have hurt us at all. They could play they exact Hodge role we are discussing here and could have both been one club players.

A poor short sighted decision

In hindsight, offering JZ and Taz two years each wouldnt have hurt us at all. They could play they exact Hodge role we are discussing here and could have both been one club players.

I don't think it matters really, Boomer played on 1 year contracts for a while and we weren't hitting the skids. If you are 30+ you shouldn't need security, both Ziebell and Tarrant should have been looked after. We also had no replacement for Tarrant, McKay already had moved him out of FB, gave him the freedom to play under much less duress as a second tall defender.

I mean, it wouldn't matter if we offered him 2 or 3 years because we could have soaked it with contracts brought forward, but shouldn't have needed to. Tarrant and both Higgins I am sure would prefer to have a crack at a flag than to go through the motions, they are going to say whatever it is they need to say to make it feel for themselves they didn't abandon the ship as it was sinking. We carried Tarrant for the first half of his career whilst he had shoulder problems, he should have been thankful he had an AFL career.

I am okay with whomever who isn't buying in for whatever reason going, because our club was a s**t show when all these elder players were at the club, they were around when s**t went down in Brisbane and didn't do anything then to reign everyone in. Whatever fixes we need, the past isn't the solution, the future is.

Tarrant is cooked.
Mans struggling to perform in a semi decent Richmond backline. Has had some bad stinkers too.
1 year was pretty fair, good on Richmond for offering more.
Similar situation to higging leaving, look what he's been able to do on field in his 2nd year at Geelong..

Tarrant is cooked.
Mans struggling to perform in a semi decent Richmond backline. Has had some bad stinkers too.
1 year was pretty fair, good on Richmond for offering more.
Similar situation to higging leaving, look what he's been able to do on field in his 2nd year at Geelong..

You watch on the weekend? Absolutely destroyed Hawkins.

Completely different situation to Higgins for mine. We have a requirement for tall defenders. Corr was recruited to play 3rd tall, not play on monsters.

I don't think its a ridiculous request from Ziebell and Tarrant to want two years. It just showed their loyalty. And they obviously knew what they were signing up for in terms of W/L

Tarrant wanted to go and win games after getting a mass removed from his kidneys, his heart wasn't in it anymore with us so good luck to him. He is a champ and no love lost from my POV.

We need blokes who are out of luck at their current clubs but still feel up for another year or two of footy and see the value in coming to us to build their leadership credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back