Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You watch on the weekend? Absolutely destroyed Hawkins.

Completely different situation to Higgins for mine. We have a requirement for tall defenders. Corr was recruited to play 3rd tall, not play on monsters.

I don't think its a ridiculous request from Ziebell and Tarrant to want two years. It just showed their loyalty. And they obviously knew what they were signing up for in terms of W/L
and he's had some stinkers too
1656484906615.png

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Tarrant wanted to go and win games after getting a mass removed from his kidneys, his heart wasn't in it anymore

Sounds like a botched procedure.

Eggs11

All Australian
Jul 18, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think we should have very low expectations this trade period because we would have to be the least attractive destination in the league right now. A decades long record as a poor developer of talent, the prospect of being belted every single week, an under pressure coach with a terrible record, a playing list rumoured to have some discontent, large amounts of travel, potential for more club upheaval in the future, smaller crowds and no signs of any shinboner spirit. We have nothing competitive to offer a talented player except massive overs in pay packet and/ or tenure - and I’d prefer to get no deals done than to mortgage our future.

Given the the deplorable state we find ourselves in, and that other clubs will smell the blood in the water, a successful trade period this year is just not getting rogered by players on the way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2 players I’d look at who’d come cheap are Brayden Fiorini and Alex Sexton.
One knows how to find the ball which is what we don’t have much of and is being played as a sub under Dew. The other can find the goals and isn’t even getting a game.
Would improve our list almost immediately.

That saying we really need a key forward and key back as a priority.

But we can do worse than those 2.
Hopefully Will Brodie has taught the entire league a lesson.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Might be an unpopular opinion but moving him on from North was 100% the right move.

His output is way down. Yes there's the obvious flag that he played a big part in on the day, but his body is continually letting him down.

Id say that's the real reason weideman hasn't been traded so far.

Will he see out his contract until the end of 2024?

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Might be an unpopular opinion but moving him on from North was 100% the right move.

His output is way down. Yes there's the obvious flag that he played a big part in on the day, but his body is continually letting him down.

Id say that's the real reason weideman hasn't been traded so far.

Will he see out his contract until the end of 2024?
I don’t disagree tbh even the revised offer was pretty good for him. The injuries and comparative drop in form probably means that he’d be overpaid if you wanted to look that way.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the point of giving clubs priority picks is to fix the problem, pick 19 isn’t going to fix anything and will have us putting our hand out again next year.

If we are going to get something it has to be significant enough to get us out of this mess or there is no point.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Damien Hardwick's pitch for Liam Baker to stay at Richmond seems a bit unusual.
“I’m going to be perfectly honest: when players of that stature walked in; I would say to our guys, ‘Listen, too small’, but I’ve been proven wrong.

“You look at the history of the game now and if they can play the game, they can play the game. Jayden Short, Caleb Daniel, Liam Baker – these type of players. They just play and they’re the best players to coach as well.

“It was a slight on my behalf with regard to looking at those players and we missed out on a couple, because I was a bit biased with regard to their height."

So basically Liam, Dimma thinks you're a dwarf, but he's willing to start checking his own prejudices, if you're willing to stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back