Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five primary spots, only two decent picks. We should upgrade and extend Treacy, Schultz and Banfield.

Then we can take two national draft picks, any cat-B NGA players we like, and have a dip in the rookie draft.

Pick 67 will 100% end up being a selection good enough to use imo.

Upgrading three rookies means drafting three rookies in the Rookie Draft or SPP who are in theory inferior players.

Torn between three and four selections. If AMT chooses us and trains with us through the SPP you could probably just about guarantee it’s three picks.

Jackson replaces Lobb
Corbett replaces Logue
OMeara replaces Mundy

Best player who puts their hand up in preseason replaces Acres
Erasmus/Johnson replaces Tucker

Love Mundy but we got 19 years out of him. OMeara plugs that hole.
The rest I think we are better now than before the trade period.

Pick 67 will 100% end up being a selection good enough to use imo.

Upgrading three rookies means drafting three rookies in the Rookie Draft or SPP who are in theory inferior players.

Torn between three and four selections. If AMT chooses us and trains with us through the SPP you could probably just about guarantee it’s three picks.

I'm not sure there will be a player worth two years at that point, I'd rather take that band as rookie players.

Jackson replaces Lobb
Corbett replaces Logue
OMeara replaces Mundy

Sharp would have been the better pick up imo. ( O'meara )

Jackson replaces Lobb
Corbett replaces Logue
OMeara replaces Mundy

Agree but we’ve lost depth, which could cause issues.

I'm not sure there will be a player worth two years at that point, I'd rather take that band as rookie players.

Pick 67 will barely be outside pick 50 on draft night. They’ll definitely be someone worth it at that point imo.

If we want a good state league ruck we pick them here rather than giving other clubs another 20-odd selections across the National and Rookie drafts to pick said players up instead.

67 will end up in the 50s after Brisbane and a few passes. 44 should come in to ~42

I’d be watching Essendon with interest in regard to their father/son too.

Pick 24 (to be 26) is borderline at best. Reckon a downgrade/split of that pick may be on the cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need:

Small forward
Key forward
Key defender

Draper / Scaife could be NGA key forward options… Scaife seems to be most likely from reports?

Feel comfy with most of the rest of the list

Also want Allan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GC offers up 19 & Macpherson to north who reject it, “morons”
And then Bell gets a call if we’d like 19 if they can unload Brodie. Not sure he should be getting all the praise.
Same things happened this period, had nothing going on till late in the piece when hawks were keen to dump a player and salary… It’s fallen in his lap!

Lucky they are wicked at the draft….
Fingers crossed can dig up some late round gems

Based on what?
think that if they don’t have the preseason from hell they’ll be better off, s**t pre seasons have the power to derail a clubs season (eg Melbourne 2019).

Five vacant spots on the Senior List and none on the Category A rookie list.

Will we upgrade more than one rookie?
Will we sign a DFA?

They’re the questions from here from a List Management perspective until the draft.
I guess we keep a spot spare for Tippa?
If that doesn't work out perhaps a state leaguer might get lucky over the summer.

Hope we promote Shooter. He deserves a main list spot and a new deal.

think that if they don’t have the preseason from hell they’ll be better off, s**t pre seasons have the power to derail a clubs season (eg Melbourne 2019).
I just don't see where the growth will come from with only Darling forward. Chesser might come on a bit but it'll be essentially first year for him. Redden retired as well didn't he? Nic Nat ... lol. I honestly don't see any talent across any line for them. Liam Ryan maybe?

I just don't see where the growth will come from with only Darling forward. Chesser might come on a bit but it'll be essentially first year for him. Redden retired as well didn't he? Nic Nat ... lol. I honestly don't see any talent across any line for them. Liam Ryan maybe?
Allen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back