Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on Ryan - not sure why everyone thought he had a good season. 1/4 of his possies are kick in’s and he literally kicks it to the same side every time

Not sure droppable, but needs to adjust his body and learn a few new tricks in the off season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't finish top 10 in the doig backs it up. I'm surprised at just how many people had him in their top 5 predictions

Logue language was about what spot they can offer. Apart from $ it’s the whole reason Logue would wish to leave. He’s a defender.

I’m unsure what spot they can sell him if Pearce and Cox are our 2 key backs.

I’m an open Logue hater. If they can play him in defense I’m ok with him staying. Any other spot then he has to leave.

I don’t think he’ll stay and Walls language was more hopeful rather than anything else.
It’s to offset the threat of PSD. If North try to go down this route we will back ourselves in the subsequent 3 weeks to re-sign him. We would need to sell to second/third tall backman role. Pushing another upfield. He plays back pocket or if one of APearce or Cox are injured steps straight in.

Blues fans talking about top 4 in the Acres thread.

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

You would be crazy

That's like asking us to cough up serong and Amiss

I think I found Dodoros bigfooty account, do you need help finding Essendon on the club supporter list??
Sure and if Port said no, then North can flip them the bird, and make it clear that they aren't going to trade JHF to them.

There is no obligation to trade contracted players.

Do you think trading a #1 pick after only a year for anything else than ridiculous overs is in North's best interests?

Ill save it for the melt thread, but very good chance Carlton jump ahead of us next year, their list is much more complete than ours, no idea how they lock down so many good players.
How many Carlton players will improve in 2023?
And how many of ours will improve?

I reckon we are miles clear of them in that metric.
I literally dont think it’s possible for Cripps, Curnow or Saad to improve any more.
In contrast about half our team will be better footballers in 2023

Sure and if Port said no, then North can flip them the bird, and make it clear that they aren't going to trade JHF to them.

Do you think trading a #1 pick after only a year for anything else than ridiculous overs is in North's best interests?
I'd take the picks and run if I was north, get some talent in that's wants to be there and start the rebuild

North can huff and puff but JHF hasn’t bought in. Keeping him would actually be a bad move. Blind Freddy can see he’s not happy. If they get offered 2 firsts I’d take that all day everyday and get 2 other youngsters that buy in.

Ill save it for the melt thread, but very good chance Carlton jump ahead of us next year, their list is much more complete than ours, no idea how they lock down so many good players.
Yeah but many on here have been saying that every pre-season and it never really happens.

It's Carlton lol, they find ways to screw up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those who I know at WP always said he would move up to the wing - can run all day. Has the frame to be a bont 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bont is an onballer.

If Chappy moves up field it will be ultimately to on the ball and any wing time would just be educational.

I was big on him becoming a mid a year ago but now I'm not so sure. Maybe a Hodge style half back sweeper who pushes up into midfield? He can't stay where he is as he develops because Young is always going to get the weakest half forward so he can be unleashed to intercept. Wherever he goes it needs to be in a position where the ball gets in his hands as often as possible*. Good things happen when Chappy is involved in a chain of possession.

(*And that's not wing, too big a defensive running component imo and a waste of his talent in traffic.)

Really hope the Lobb talk is just posturing we've held him one year already. Bulldogs have to come to the table with a reasonable deal but as long as they do get the trade done

Their list is rubbish. The have a scintillating top 10 of stars and then the rest of the 22 and squad are VFL players. They are a couple of long term injuries to mids and a run of bad form from total implosion, mass delistings and a rebuild.

North can huff and puff but JHF hasn’t bought in. Keeping him would actually be a bad move. Blind Freddy can see he’s not happy. If they get offered 2 firsts I’d take that all day everyday and get 2 other youngsters that buy in.
Are they going to buy in more than JHF?

Damn I wish we just held Lachie Neale to his contract all those years ago

Really hope the Lobb talk is just posturing we've held him one year already. Bulldogs have to come to the table with a reasonable deal but as long as they do get the trade done
What is the reasonable deal Colon?? Pick 30. That is likely the reason we keep saying sorry folks Lobb will be playing with Freo in 2023. WB offer a deal we can’t refuse like the late first/early second then game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back