Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You sure

He chopped Cameron 2 years ago. He can shut down talls like Curnow. We could move Aish to wing now Acres will be gone.

The ole ‘he chopped Cameron’ one time comment. Ignoring the fact that small forwards come in and out of games regardless of who plays on them.

I think Walker had actually done incredibly well with his actual defending of smalls. Walkers problem isn’t defending, it’s the indecision with ball in hand.

The ole ‘he chopped Cameron’ one time comment. Ignoring the fact that small forwards come in and out of games regardless of who plays on them.

I think Walker had actually done incredibly well with his actual defending of smalls. Walkers problem isn’t defending, it’s the indecision with ball in hand.

Walker need to improve then

There's movement at the station.

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Why does it feel like this trade period is going to make or break our flag chances with this current group?

• For a young club trying to build experience we appear to be borderline mismanaging some of our guys playing WAFL. i.e. playing guys like Logue in the forward line over Stuart or Treacy. Why isn't Erasmus getting more games?
    • Club seems to prefer stability over rewarding form or creating hunger
  • Trade periods should be used by clubs on the rise to fill holes and push higher up the ladder, not to plug holes from players leaving, essentially treading water

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does it feel like this trade period is going to make or break our flag chances with this current group?

• For a young club trying to build experience we appear to be borderline mismanaging some of our guys playing WAFL. i.e. playing guys like Logue in the forward line over Stuart or Treacy. Why isn't Erasmus getting more games?
  • Trade periods should be used by clubs on the rise to fill holes and push higher up the ladder, not to plug holes from players leaving, essentially treading water
Because you are very dramatic

He got caught out in a final. He’s played 30 AFL games.
Like any young team the improvement is huge.

Logue still has improvement left in him.

Ryan has been playing the past two seasons with a stiff back and doesn't move as good as he used to. Logue is valuable and needed. Freo will struggle to get a better player for the draft pick we will receive for him.

But hey apparently we don't need him

• Trade periods are used by clubs on the rise to fill holes and push higher up the ladder, not to plug holes from players leaving, treading water
We want our young players when they come into the team to stay there if possible which is why O'Driscoll never got a look in the first year. Erasmus and Johnson weren't ready to be thrown to the wolves this year as they still had things to work on. A big part of our core group is u 24 so why would this trade period be make or break?

Looks like North are throwing F2PP and F3PP into the offer for Logue and Tucker
I reckon that is their starting point. I reckon we also look to upgrade 13 to 8, as we will need a top 10 pick for Jackson. We may need to toss them back the Carlton third round pick we get for Acres.

These trades won’t get done till Tue next week at the earliest. We will wait on JHF and North. Then put together a trade involving 8, and either of our F1 or PP-F2.

Then on the final day trade Lobb to get a late first or two seconds for this draft.

Meek will go down late or not at all.

The only one that will go through this week will be Acres. I reckon we’ll wait for Liam Jones compo to see if we can squeeze another late pick. Carlton have two picks in the mid 60’s.

I reckon that is their starting point. I reckon we also look to upgrade 13 to 8, as we will need a top 10 pick for Jackson. We may need to toss them back the Carlton third round pick we get for Acres.

These trades won’t get done till Tue next week at the earliest. We will wait on JHF and North. Then put together a trade involving 8, and either of our F1 or PP-F2.

Then on the final day trade Lobb to get a late first or two seconds for this draft.

Meek will go down late or not at all.

The only one that will go through this week will be Acres. I reckon we’ll wait for Liam Jones compo to see if we can squeeze another late pick. Carlton have two picks in the mid 60’s.
I dont think there's any hope of that upgrade. I think
1) The Tucker and Logue deals sound pretty far progressed
2) The JHF trade request was very recent which rules out pick 8 being involved in any way
3) North wont let the JHF and Logue/Tucker trades be linked

Any hope of an upgrade will need to be like us swapping future 2nds as well as the two AFL freebies

I guess everyone is happy to hand over Logue for peanuts

Man, do you even follow anything?

He was offered 4 years. On very good coin.

He wishes to leave… to North! That’s shafting us as they have pick 1 in PSD.

If get offered a F2 it gets done. A pick around 20 ain’t peanuts. Believe it or not great players are found outside the top 3 picks of a draft.

Logue still has improvement left in him.

Ryan has been playing the past two seasons with a stiff back and doesn't move as good as he used to. Logue is valuable and needed. Freo will struggle to get a better player for the draft pick we will receive for him.

But hey apparently we don't need him
I think you are partly right in that we didn’t value him highly, when we had the chance to sign him up earlier.
But an offer like that is too good to refuse. I’d like him to stay, but that horse has
bolted.
Maybe if we had moved one of the other defenders there was a spot for him?
Ryan forward or Chapman, Young, etc, we will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back