Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, feel like we've put our offer in, and left it there.

Melbourne trying to drive the price up, but Bell/Walls not blinking
Imagine eagles fans. Splitting pick 2, get two first rounders then trade for Jackson. Go for it

Imagine eagles fans. Splitting pick 2, get two first rounders then trade for Jackson. Go for it
Man, I'd be stockpiling the ammunition, ready to fire it all directly at DanWA!

I've got to constantly remind myself to treat Melbourne's bluster and bravado as an aspect of the "theatre" of trade period. It's very hard not to yell at my laptop though! Haha

My two cents… hoping Belly and co make a one time, take it or shove it, deal for Jackson to Melbourne.

No Jackson, make a play for Georgiades and keep Meek.

Take Tippa on the cheap and hopefully we get an absolute diamond.

Lobb situation worries me. If old mate cracked it over not being allowed a move then we will have a sulking 206cm beanpole who’ll be very hard work. Hope if he stays that he’ll be the consummate professional kick us 40+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll look really bad when we lose three players, get unders for them, and then don't even get luke jackson bc wce swooped in at the last minute

That is such an irresponsible offer from North, glad that's not us
North Melbourne:

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Then they may as well give Melbourne pick 2. Realistically, who would they split the pick with, and what happens next? They have two firsts and use one in the draft and then give Melbourne the other... plus next years first? ... that'll likely be pick 1 or 2. 😂 Like, what the actual frick. It makes no sense.

Do we get a compensation pick from the Logue trade? $750k - $800k would put him in the top 5-15% which nets you a first rounder.

It'll look really bad when we lose three players, get unders for them, and then don't even get luke jackson bc wce swooped in at the last minute
It'll look magnitudes worse if the same plays out except we sell the farm for Jackson and he ends up being an aggressively 'Ok' player (even if he's only above average it's still not great) with no set position because we couldn't figure out the best spot for him

Would rather be saved from ourselves.

Almost happened the last time he was refused a trade
Hope so. But if he did buy a house near the Whitten Oval within the last month, it would be a different situation to last years GWS failed move.

Dont think we are trading Lobb, so assuming your three players are Acres, Tucker and Logue then I wouldnt be too concerned.

That Logue offer is nuts, Tucker is 24 year old depth and we clearly just dont rate Acres in any way shape or form for whatever reason.

He also wont end up at WC anyway

Have clubs ever swapped future picks in the same round?

Imagine us swapping future firsts with North with the assumption they finish lower!

Boy oh boy.

Complicated gambling. Imagine a 3 way trade where Melb receive future north first. In a deal that lands Logue to North, Jackson to Freo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back