Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Lobb, Logue, and our first for Jackson

Logue for f2

Lobb 13 and f2 (19-22) for 11 and 15? Whatevs they get from brissy

11 and 15 for Jackson

Feels like we getting stiffed but I can see this being the basis

We keep F1 in this scenario

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
In what? Jackson is a forward? All good for me if he is but there is no indication that he will play as a forward to replace Lobb. His marking is ordinary. Like Logue he would be makeshift. His strengths are elsewhere.
hopefully has a big pre season and will improve his forward work, like i said he gets to right spots.. hes also only 20 this season , has so much improvement in him

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
hopefully has a big pre season and will improve his forward work, like i said he gets to right spots.. hes also only 20 this season , has so much improvement in him
Not disputing he has a lot of improvement, but forward just doesn't look like his spot at all.

Plus it just doesn't fit with what Longmuir has shown as a coach. No development of Logue as a forward option because he is a defender. Until we needed him forward that is. Longmuir lacks willingness to groom players into alternative positions, and Jackson has shown something as a ruck/midfielder.

Plus Biclavs performance is going to reinforce that.

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not disputing he has a lot of improvement, but forward just doesn't look like his spot at all.

Plus it just doesn't fit with what Longmuir has shown as a coach. No development of Logue as a forward option because he is a defender. Until we needed him forward that is. Longmuir lacks willingness to groom players into alternative positions, and Jackson has shown something as a ruck/midfielder.

Plus Biclavs performance is going to reinforce that.
find out in march i guess. still think he'll play forward of the footy

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Sorry, need a translation. I think you're agreeing with me but Swiggy gave a like.
Yes I’m agreeing with you. That’s why I suggested another kpf in the meantime and we currently have tabs and lobb which should allow Treacy and Amiss to get the second/third defenders.

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes I’m agreeing with you. That’s why I suggested another kpf in the meantime and we currently have tabs and lobb which should allow Treacy and Amiss to get the second/third defenders.
I agree they need another key forward on the list.. hopefully when they trade lobb Tab stays fit

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many contracted players have freo brought back to Perth over the years? He wants to move to melb for personal reasons. Freo will trade him.. wont be for a first. But will be for more then 29
And we are happy enough to let Logue and Acres go over east. Because they aren't contracted. Same as in the 2018 post-season Lobb came to us uncontracted. Its not like we induced him to break a contract with GWS.

So why should we let a contracted player just leave? Why should we trade him? There is no football justification for trading him. What do we get out of trading Lobb?

Sydney refused to trade Ryan O'Keefe. Nek minnut guys wins a Norm Smith for them.

Sydney refused to trade Tom Papley. Guy ends up an AA.

We refused to trade Lobb last post-season. He has a career best year.

These guys are Grown Ups. They signed contracts of their own free will. Its not the end of the world for them to have to honour the conditions of their contract.

Unless it is a "way overs" deal, trading Lobb is just bad business. Unless we have a better replacement at the position all lined up, letting Lobb go now is just self-sabotage.

Why should we deliberately make a mistake?

Team, I've noticed some of you seem to think I'm doing this just waive some dictator mod energy in your face and quite frankly, you'd be correct, but there's nothing you can do about it so you'll have to suck it up.

But anyway, welcome to the 2022 trade period match thread where we will finally determine who wins footy's greatest prize, the Adrian Dodoro Trade Period Premiership Cup Brought to You by Continental Tyres!!! It's the stuff dreams are made of.

All trade talk to be put through here the next couple of weeks so we can discuss everything in one place, thanks team

Last edited:

Silencer83

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
A good power forward takes about 5 years to fully develop. Hawks fans would have just about delisted Mitch Lewis when he was 20.
Harry Mackay did * all till his 4th season either. Even Tom Hawkins was ordinary enough in his first 4 years and it was actually the 2011 GF that he really announced himself, 5 YEARS after getting drafted in 06 in a blaze of hype as the premier key forward in that draft.
Patience.
I do agree with you on patience but...

AFL Tables - Harry McKay - Stats - Statistics

I wouldn't call those 2nd and 3rd years * all. Arguably 2nd better than 4th and 3rd just inaccurate.

20 goals from 12 games as a 20 year old. I don't think Hawks fans would have delisted him.

Solid without being spectacular until after 2011 finals.

All did have a big jump in performance after about 5 seasons and 40 to 50+ games.

In comparison recently drafted key forward players like Logan McDonald, JUH, Thilthorpe etc are way behind any of these three on exposed form at the same stage in their career. Treacy actually compares pretty similarly with them just less opportunity than McDonald and JUH this season.

So I agree patience is a virtue 😊

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
And we are happy enough to let Logue and Acres go over east. Because they aren't contracted. Same as in the 2018 post-season Lobb came to us uncontracted. Its not like we induced him to break a contract with GWS.

So why should we let a contracted player just leave? Why should we trade him? There is no football justification for trading him. What do we get out of trading Lobb?

Sydney refused to trade Ryan O'Keefe. Nek minnut guys wins a Norm Smith for them.

Sydney refused to trade Tom Papley. Guy ends up an AA.

We refused to trade Lobb last post-season. He has a career best year.

These guys are Grown Ups. They signed contracts of their own free will. Its not the end of the world for them to have to honour the conditions of their contract.

Unless it is a "way overs" deal, trading Lobb is just bad business. Unless we have a better replacement at the position all lined up, letting Lobb go now is just self-sabotage.

Why should we deliberately make a mistake?
like i said is a pick from 20-25 is overs

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
A Trade Match Day Thread??

Oh cool, very noice.

Will there be a goal umpire waving flags and signalling to tell us after each trade whether we get a goal, a point, or shanked it out on the full from the goal square??

would you be happy with those PP's for logue & Tucker?

Not happy, no.

I was suggesting that we could swap our F2 and F3 for the ones the AFL provided them, along with the #7 from Gold Coast they got for Bowes for Logue and Tucker.

The picks they send us would disappear if they aren't swapped for a player this trade period but the ones we send them will be there next year.

It costs them nothing but cap space.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Team, I've noticed some of you seem to think I'm doing this just waive some dictator mod energy in your face and quite frankly, you'd be correct, but there's nothing you can do about it so you'll have to suck it up.

But anyway, welcome to the 2202 trade period match thread where we will finally determine who wins footy's greatest prize, the Adrian Dodoro Trade Period Premiership Cup Brought to You by Continental Tyres!!! It's the stuff dreams are made of.

All trade talk to be put through here the next couple of weeks so we can discuss everything in one place, thanks team
2202?

Let's do the time warp.

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not happy, no.

I was suggesting that we could swap our F2 and F3 for the ones the AFL provided them, along with the #7 from Gold Coast they got for Bowes for Logue and Tucker.

The picks they send us would disappear if they aren't swapped for a player this trade period but the ones we send them will be there next year.

It costs them nothing but cap space.
i think that F2 is about right for logue should be a top 25 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back