Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes if it falls that way but there are no guarantees we'll finish in the top 6 again.

Things can change quickly. Look at Essendon this year. A bad injury run with limited depth and we could easily fall out of the 8. All of a sudden the trade is #6 #13 and #24 for a ruckman with potential.

Keep Lobb, bring in the three players we’re linked to and we still have fantastic depth imo.

It’s not realistic to have a list of 40 ready to go players. If we have 12-15 players on our injury list and enough of them were best 22 we’d probably suck but every team in the competition would.

It's hard to value the Logue trade, as a player in the free market we probably got under but in terms of value to our side, it was probably ok.

I don't think I'd have had a problem with the club calling North's "we'll take him in the pre season draft" bluff, I'm trying to think of the last time a high-value recruit was picked up following through on that threat.

Well if you hadnt hear there's chatter that North want him in a senior role - CEO?? All the talk that Walls has been doing to the media is usually what Peter Bell does. He's been eerily quite this trade week, which is a bit strange.

It’s Tuesday.
Trade week started yesterday….
Although it has felt like a long time, but 100 pages on this thread will do that to ya

It's hard to value the Logue trade, as a player in the free market we probably got under but in terms of value to our side, it was probably ok.

I don't think I'd have had a problem with the club calling North's "we'll take him in the pre season draft" bluff, I'm trying to think of the last time a high-value recruit was picked up following through on that threat.
Jack Martin

We need to get rid of the NM PP F2 asap as without it we can’t trade our F1 & F2 to Melbourne for Jackson as it’s against the rules.
Gold Coast want future picks for next year so I propose we do this trade ASAP
NM PP F2 + NM F4 for 25, Sharp & Corbett
Takes our F2 off the table, lands us the GC players we are chasing and gets us back into this years draft.
Gold Coast get 2x future picks they need and we no longer care if NM do miraculously jump up to 13th next year.

If Melbourne want a sweetener on top of 13 & F1 we also trade 25 for their 27 as that gives them the top 25 pick they need for Grundy without having to split 13.
Jackson + 27 for 13, F1 and 25

Net out: 13, F1, Logue, Tucker, F3
Net in: Jackson, Sharp, Corbett, 27, NM PP F3

I'm not as confident as everyone on here that North are certain spooners next year.
It depends a lot on what they do with all the first round picks they'll have after trading JHF. If they just hit the draft hard, sure they're not going for a quick fix and they'll likely finish bottom 2. But with Clarko's penchant for trading out picks for players, I wouldn't be totally shocked if North try to get the JHF deal done soon, and spring a couole of surpirise trades of picks for established good players for a quick sugar hit.
Finishing next year around 12-14 is not out of the question for them
Maybe I'm reading the tea leaves differently to others but...

Does anyone realistically believe that Clarko coaches anything other than his legal defence for the next 6-12 months.

You would legitimately be happy with the club trading more than a F2 to pick up Logue just so he could play Full Back at Peel?

Because he ain't getting a game ahead of Pearce and Cox.
Backing Pearce to go through another 20 games are we?
Depth is stuffed beyond that. Imagine Hamling probably had a meeting with JL after Logue's request

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple key quotes:

“I’m not disgruntled. Freo have to do their job as well and make sure they’re doing good by the players they have at the same time."

“I don’t see how I could be worth much more [a third round pick] if that’s the contract I was being offered,” he said.

“It’s a fair trade for both clubs. They’ll do something with that pick now. I’m sure they’ve got plans for it so I think it’s a win-win for both clubs."

“I feel like if you ask any of the guys who have asked for a trade already, the culture is outstanding. It’s definitely been the best group I’ve been a part of in my time in the AFL,” he said.

Don't blame him for taking the guaranteed money and I don't blame Freo for wanting to move on. We got a lot of young talent we can try out on the wing. We are going to miss some of what he brought (for literally one good season), but I won't miss those kicks coming down with snow on the ball. Let's try some youth who will be ready for our flag tilt 23-26. :)

I know my opinion means nothing in the scheme of our list management, but I really, really hope Peter Bell and David Walls are capable of drawing a line in the sand regarding the trade assets we will part with for Luke Jackson.

He's not worth more than Pick 13 and our F1st. Any more than that is ridiculous, and as I've stated previously, I'd actually prefer to not acquire him, and simply wait for a more fitting piece of the puzzle to become available in due time. Perhaps any of Logan McDonald, Mitchell Georgiades or Jacob Van Rooyen will be attainable in the coming years, and if we trade for Luke Jackson now, we won't have the required assets to acquire them. Not to mention the fact that we need draft capital to utilise in next year's "bumper" draft. I'll accept what transpires, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed, come the end of trade week.
We're at a stage where players are more valuable than picks to us right now. We're loaded with young talent (our under 24 brigade is insane), and our draft hand, given what has come in, is in good health. We can land Jackson this year and JVR or McDonald in the future if they decide West is best. We'll be hitting the draft again in a couple years. If it takes a pick 30 to swing Jackson, so be it. Overs? Depends on what he produces. If he's an integral part of our first premiership I doubt anyone is going to give a flying * what we give up.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just when it appeared that we had finally made Acres into a solid player we are apparently quite happy to let him go. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Can’t blame him for accepting the Blues’ offer, it seems pretty close to what he’s worth.

Let's deal with the Sharp and Corbett trade separately. Corbett should be a future fourth.

Next year's draft is supposed to be very good. I wouldn't trade Sharp for NM's second rounder. This pick which will be in the early 20s. Sharp wasn't even drafted that high and hasn't shown very much to suggest he'll be a good player.

I would however be tempted to trade our future second rounder for Sharp if we get one of GC's late second rounders this year back (that they've stockpiled and probably don't need).

Hawthorn's F2 (received for Meek) for Corbett and Sharp?

You would legitimately be happy with the club trading more than a F2 to pick up Logue just so he could play Full Back at Peel?

Because he ain't getting a game ahead of Pearce and Cox.

It would be interesting to know prior to this year how many games Cox and Pearce had played together, they've both had injuries. If we go into a final with Chapman at CHB due to injuries and he has his pants pulled down while Logue wins Norths B&F we'll look a bit silly.

The dollars offered to Logue are too much to match now but we should have locked him in for 450k x 3 or 4 this time last year.

Marvel is narrower. Who knows. Could be found out on that wing. But absolutely spewing. Probably was like 100k difference. Miniscule. Fremantle really need to ban Colin Young or advise though under his management. It's a joke.

Absolutely. 800k. Fremantle were never matching that. That said, Serong is worth that so hope Fremantle sign him ASAP
I would add that Docklands isn’t good for leg injuries.

It’s on a concrete base with limit sunlight and the surface in parts shift.

Judd found that out and retired a few earlier than he should have.

Acres injury history, lack of mental toughness and Blues unforgiving fans this could go very bad for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back