List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing, i'd say it was similar to the stats you threw up about Amon.
I particularly like how McKenzie pushes through tackles.

McKenzie has been suggested as one of those likely to make room if we get Amon.

To me i don't see Amon in, McKenzie out as a big improvement.
Either do I so Amon in Wood out.

DMAC is not in danger.

I don’t see one as having to mean the other.

We can get him in, and form and team makeup can dictate the other.

So pay a top salary for a fringe player?
Speculating about the salary aren't you?
From what l understand he's a local boy, a Saints supporter, and his mum is now working at the club.
Being unrestricted means he's not on a high salary at Port so why should he be with us?
Seems to me it would be a lifestyle decision more than anything. Also a great time to leave Port as the Saints are rising.

Speculating about the salary aren't you?
From what l understand he's a local boy, a Saints supporter, and his mum is now working at the club.
Being unrestricted means he's not on a high salary at Port so why should he be with us?
Seems to me it would be a lifestyle decision more than anything. Also a great time to leave Port as the Saints are rising.

Because, for starters, Essendon would make a stupid offer to his agent just for shits and giggles.
If we get him at an average price , yeah i agree.

Because, for starters, Essendon would make a stupid offer to his agent just for shits and giggles.
If we get him at an average price , yeah i agree.
If Essendon offer him stupid money, doesn't mean we have to, doesn't mean he'd accept it.

We will offer a sensible amount and if he accepts, our team will be better for it.

DMac has secured his position, he's the only player on our list than can cover that sort of ground at those speeds, hit contests that hard and be as competitive in the air. He's the perfect defensive wingman.

Amon will be competing with Billings, Wood and NWM. There is only room in the side for 2 of them by my count, I have no issue with Wood being pushed to a fringe player and NWM spending time between AFL and VFL as he learns his craft and Billings isn't a walk up starter anymore.

This is a bloke who has out together seasons that only a handful of our players have matched in the past. If you can get him for free, you do it.

I would assume they will not be paying top salary.

And if they are, I assume they see something worth paying that for.

We’ll also have some money up our sleeves with Hannebery and some others off the books after this season.

Would Karl Amon refer to his mum as Aunty if he came to the club?

I wonder with WC where they are at whether a move for Jeremy McGovern would be a possibility

31 next year but probably has a fair bit of footy left. Could be be up for a Brian Lake like move?

Not sure whether it's something we'd look at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with DMac is firstly that I'm a fan but he's quite agricultural where Amon has a touch more class about him. Part of the nice thing about us is the rough edges with a bit of brute force on top and perhaps losing guys like Long and DMac take some of that ability to physically punish away.

Perhaps Wood is the guy in more trouble if we bring in Amon but he's also the taller wing that Ratts seems to love.

I wonder with WC where they are at whether a move for Jeremy McGovern would be a possibility

31 next year but probably has a fair bit of footy left. Could be be up for a Brian Lake like move?

Personally unless hes coming for a pittance i dont want.

Hes perenially under prepared and is getting found out with injuries now. I realise its a personal thing but ive never been as enamoured with him as most.

He's going to be a fringe player like Hill is a fringe player. He's a top 50 to 100 AFL player. He's not coming to play at Sandy, he was probably the best wing in the AFL last year or close to it.

Personally unless hes coming for a pittance i dont want.

Hes perenially under prepared and is getting found out with injuries now. I realise its a personal thing but ive never been as enamoured with him as most.

His defensive marking game was pretty outstanding when he was on top of his game. Age and injury make him pretty hard to get excited about now though.

His defensive marking game was pretty outstanding when he was on top of his game. Age and injury make him pretty hard to get excited about now though.
Yeh look i realise im on my own but floating backman hasnt ever seemed a difficult spot to me and he was never particularly creative by foot.

I know he was very good, i just never got that excited by him but now, nah, not on your life.

The thing with DMac is firstly that I'm a fan but he's quite agricultural where Amon has a touch more class about him. Part of the nice thing about us is the rough edges with a bit of brute force on top and perhaps losing guys like Long and DMac take some of that ability to physically punish away.

Perhaps Wood is the guy in more trouble if we bring in Amon but he's also the taller wing that Ratts seems to love.

I really like the combo of Dmac & Nas as our first wing options... Nas is going to be an unbelievable player so hopefully we can keep pumping games into him. Wood is a solid back up/rotation with a few other options available if needed.

IMO Amon could possibly only slot in as a HF/HB...and I'd rather have Windy/Owens/Billings, etc.

I don't really see the need to bring him in, even if it is only on a moderate contract. Having said that, if he's desperate to come across then he certainly adds nicely to our depth.

I really like the combo of Dmac & Nas as our first wing options... Nas is going to be an unbelievable player so hopefully we can keep pumping games into him. Wood is a solid back up/rotation with a few other options available if needed.

IMO Amon could possibly only slot in as a HF/HB...and I'd rather have Windy/Owens/Billings, etc.

I don't really see the need to bring him in, even if it is only on a moderate contract. Having said that, if he's desperate to come across then he certainly adds nicely to our depth.

He'd really only be a need as a wing or no point. I think the club seem very in to him so we must see something in what he brings. To me he's a definite upgrade but Nas might be even better if we pump games into him.

I've wondered whether Membrey could be given a shot in that role. He does it for the last couple minutes of every quarter, could he do it in a permanent capacity? Would it improve our backline?

I feel like Kings presence has seen him go from a real came changer to just a role player. If Sharman can take that role as the decoy forward, I wonder whether Membrey might be able to mop up down back.

I've wondered whether Membrey could be given a shot in that role. He does it for the last couple minutes of every quarter, could he do it in a permanent capacity? Would it improve our backline?

I feel like Kings presence has seen him go from a real came changer to just a role player. If Sharman can take that role as the decoy forward, I wonder whether Membrey might be able to mop up down back.
Membery is smaller than battle or wilkie. It doesn’t solve anything against bigger guys and when he goes back he is a spare. He may have zero idea how to defend a player. As for Sharman doing memberys role up forward I’m even doubting Sharman is in the side next week or become even a regular player. Let’s leave our second leading goal kicker as a forward.

McGovern has about 10cm and 12kg on Membrey

Yeh look i realise im on my own but floating backman hasnt ever seemed a difficult spot to me and he was never particularly creative by foot.

I know he was very good, i just never got that excited by him but now, nah, not on your life.
Would absolutely love a 25 year old Jeremy McGovern.

The guy has been an absolute star. A big, strong key defender that intercepts the ball coming in, those guys are priceless.

If his role was as easy to play as you suggest then we shouldn't have any trouble finding someone like him the hey...

Would absolutely love a 25 year old Jeremy McGovern.

The guy has been an absolute star. A big, strong key defender that intercepts the ball coming in, those guys are priceless.

If his role was as easy to play as you suggest then we shouldn't have any trouble finding someone like him the hey...

He was a one man wall of defence when he was young. Like Lever and May in one giant man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back