List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory the threads prior to his recruitment were pretty similar to this one.

Probably a better player than Brad Hill, not a better man.

I remember Lovett used to always turn it on when he played us in particular. Up and down most of the time. Might of cost us but wasn't upset when we ejected him immediately.

We don't need him
Draft or Taranto

I agree with this I really prefer Taranto. He may cost more trade wise but he is also younger, a proven midfielder and runner. Both of them have their issues by foot so I’m not sure that is a huge factor when it comes to comparing the pair on field.

We’ve actually held on to currency this year so we don’t have to manoeuvre around missing draft picks as much as in the past.

I remember Lovett used to always turn it on when he played us in particular. Up and down most of the time. Might of cost us but wasn't upset when we ejected him immediately.

Playing for Essendon he probably got similar disposals in 2009, to what Farren Ray did for the Saints, but Lovett hit the goals 24 times and had twice the tackles.
I didn't particularly want him then but he was a good player , some other supporters were over the moon.

Sigh.....

Not so sure it even frees up enough for one of them especially degoey. Geary say 300k max. Might even be performance based this year. Ryder a pack of chips. Say 300k. Hanners 400 or 500k. Kent $2.90. Then you know they are going so some monies allocated anyway. Probably need to lose a billings to even look at degoey. Should be right for Amon or McGrath but please don’t get him. He isn’t our type needed.
Delist Zak Jones
Body suspect
Application suspect
Reached his ceiling

Plenty of cash with him out

Delist Zak Jones
Body suspect
Application suspect
Reached his ceiling

Plenty of cash with him out
Delist Jones ? Really ?

Not excited about Dunkley or Taranto. Both are slow and not great users (especially Dunkley). Would make us the slowest midfield in the comp with similar types in Steele, Crouch, with coverage from Windy, Bytel, Owens, Clark. None are quick on the spread. Its a massive problem.

Would much prefer Tim Kelly, Tarryn Thomas, Andy McGrath, Rozee, Shai Bolton, TYPES.

Time for Grubby Allen to earn his pay check
You clearly do not watch Dunkley play

Playing for Essendon he probably got similar disposals in 2009, to what Farren Ray did for the Saints, but Lovett hit the goals 24 times and had twice the tackles.
I didn't particularly want him then but he was a good player , some other supporters were over the moon.

Sigh.....
His skillset & athletic attributes were exactly what we needed.

Unfortunately that's only half the equation when recruiting someone.

Sounds a lot like he failed a drug test so needs a week off
He's still been hitting it hard away from the club...

PerfectLinedBream-size_restricted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones traded or delisted…

Yep
Played 1 good game against hawks

Continuity a massive issue

On what grounds does he deserve another contract..?

Cannot win clearance
Kicking is 50/50
Leadership questionable
Aggression in wrong places

Harms
Degoey
Amon

Much better players than him

He will be taking a massive pay cut of it is he stays on for two years

Last edited:

Video shows drunken heavily tattooed AFL star Dustin Martin 'threaten to stab a woman with a chopstick' in a trendy restaurant after a day at Stereosonic​

• Richmond Tigers Dustin Martin threatened to stab woman with chopsticks
  • Martin was dining at trendy Melbourne restaurant Mr Miyagi on Saturday
  • After he began 'acting offensively,' a woman asked him to settle down
  • Martin proceeded to swear and threatened to stab her in the face
  • After she said she would report him, Martin slammed his hand into the wall
  • The woman, a Channel 7 producer, has since reported him to Richmond FC
  • Martin admitted to being intoxicated and said he is 'deeply embarrassed'
If this had of been DeGoey he would hung and quartered.

i must admit i didnt have Dusty in a Japanese restaurant with chop sticks in Cluedo

Yep

Cannot win clearance
Kicking is 50/50
Leadership questionable

Harms
Degoey
Amon

I reckon Harmes and Jones are pretty similar tbh

If we were to land De Goey or Taranto or both then I’d say there’s merit in not renewing Jones’ contract.
But until Windhager, Byrnes & Owens go past him we still need him on the list. It may we happen by the end of the season, but it will more than likely take another year or so.

I think some are underestimating Zak's abilities to a fair degree.

Having said that, it seems to me he has really struggled since coming back from his (reason undisclosed) personal leave. In one of those games upon his return (can't think of which one it was just at the moment) he seemed to lose the plot. I remember thinking at the time that they needed to get him off the ground before he does a "Robbie Muir".

Just my opinion, however I think there's something not quite right in his world and that Zak and the Saints need to sort it out.

I think some are underestimating Zak's abilities to a fair degree.

Having said that, it seems to me he has really struggled since coming back from his (reason undisclosed) personal leave. In one of those games upon his return (can't think of which one it was just at the moment) he seemed to lose the plot. I remember thinking at the time that they needed to get him off the ground before he does a "Robbie Muir".

Just my opinion, however I think there's something not quite right in his world and that Zak and the Saints need to sort it out.
I think Zac's best is a real point of difference for us... but it's always been occasional and never consistent. I think this has a lot to do with continuity, which he's never had over the course of his career. So if there were an upgrade available, who could stay on the park then it makes sense that he becomes expendable pretty quickly.

Yep

Cannot win clearance
Kicking is 50/50
Leadership questionable

Harms
Degoey
Amon

To be fair Jones has had an interrupted pre season and early season start, which will impact any AFL player or even professional sports person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back