List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not making finals will put a massive dent in our prospects of attracting top talent.

I can't say we're an attractive destination for a player wanting a premiership chance.
Hopefully we feed off Melbourne’s hard work. Remind them how s**t they looked.

He’s like a tougher Hill. He’s not an inside mid. He runs to space to open the ground up. We need some meat before the broccolini at this moment though. He’s more a garnish than a key ingredient at this point. Stick with Nazza, he should come good at just the right time.
at 187 he could be anything. Luckily kicking skills and game sense transfers to literally any type of player. Imagine he becomes our Shaun Burgoyne! Would love him as an inside/outside mid with supreme skills

Last edited:
at 187 he could be anything. Luckily kicking skills and game sense transfers to literally any type of player. Imagine he becomes our Shaun Burgoyne!

Maybe more a less disappointing Billings but we can dream

Amon has a pretty solid year - stacks up well against other outside players.

My only question would be do we need another outside player when we’ve already got Hill, NWM and Billing’s playing that role. At the moment we need players who can get the ball to them. Really need Owens, Windhager (and I haven’t given up on Bytel) to step up. If they do then Amon and Degoey would probably compliment our current setup.

at 187 he could be anything. Luckily kicking skills and game sense transfers to literally any type of player. Imagine he becomes our Shaun Burgoyne! Would love him as an inside/outside mid with supreme skills
Is anyone concerned we havnt extended his contract yet

Amon has a pretty solid year - stacks up well against other outside players.

He’s a good player, I just feel like we are a bit further off than I thought and Naz could probably be that player in 2 years anyway. If we were a couple of quality players off a flag maybe but to me Brayshaw would be more needs based. Amon is more jam than donut. We are looking more like batter at this stage.

Never make judgement on a potential player on 1 game re Amon, he would improve our side we aren't near the top 4 yet you need to keep adding quality to your list and tipping out the other end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he stays. He’s what we need and a very special type you want to build around like Max King. You can find more soldiers but he could be a legend
Yeah hope so. We need to get battle done as well. Also he would have to be a Smokey for the rising star this week. 22 touches. Who else has played well this round

Judging from the comments of Ratts and Lethlean I reckon we are in on De Goey. Probably trying to get him for unders like we did with Crouch.
Hail Mary from a coach in trouble.

However if we got say DeGoey and maybe Taranto, that really puts some off into our starting 22

I keep flipping between trading and drafting atm. I’m really not sure trading in players will fix our problems.
Are we any good at developing talent? Not sure about that either.
I think we’ve definitely found a few this year with NWM, Chito and Windy so maybe we go that way but our top end talent can’t wait till they reach their peak.

Don't worry we'll coach all the flair and talent out of them in no time

I think we’ve definitely found a few this year with NWM, Chito and Windy so maybe we go that way but our top end talent can’t wait till they reach their peak.
why wait? Sydney have shown that young players can definitely significantly contribute early in their careers. Warner, Rowbottom, Gulden, Campbell. Next year if they all step up they could be 19-20 years old our lot and be firmly part of our best 22

why wait? Sydney have shown that young players can definitely significantly contribute early in their careers. Warner, Rowbottom, Gulden, Campbell. Next year if they all step up they could be 19-20 years old our lot and be firmly part of our best 22
Agree during the season introduce them. Not sure how they hold up at the back end. I guess the others are so inconsistent it’s hard to gauge what the issues are and if they can be worked on.

Did the ladder predictor, seeing us win 2 more games to finish in 12th, which after such a promising start, will in fact see us finish lower on the ladder then our disastrous 2021. Pick 7 in the draft, which will become pick 8 when Ashcroft gets picked before the lions. Gotta take the pick to the draft, none of this selling the farm for another player. I don’t know what’s more of a pressing need for our list right now, a key defender bussingler from wa will be around the mark, a key forward that can pinch hit in the ruck and work in tandem with king (maybe a lemmey or sculley from sa, or Cadman from Victoria. Or a midfielder that’s a bonafide star (assuming Ashcroft,wardlaw and Tstas are gone before our pick maybe someone like Elijah hewett from wa)

Fcuk nas we can’t buy a rising star nom. Lachie Jones got it for a lazy 16 touches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back