List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the ladder predictor, seeing us win 2 more games to finish in 12th, which after such a promising start, will in fact see us finish lower on the ladder then our disastrous 2021. Pick 7 in the draft, which will become pick 8 when Ashcroft gets picked before the lions. Gotta take the pick to the draft, none of this selling the farm for another player. I don’t know what’s more of a pressing need for our list right now, a key defender bussingler from wa will be around the mark, a key forward that can pinch hit in the ruck and work in tandem with king (maybe a lemmey or sculley from sa, or Cadman from Victoria. Or a midfielder that’s a bonafide star (assuming Ashcroft,wardlaw and Tstas are gone before our pick maybe someone like Elijah hewett from wa)
If we get smashed by Carlton we should play the kids and book all our surgeries. Might as well get something from the year.

If we get smashed by Carlton we should play the kids and book all our surgeries. Might as well get something from the year.
By “our” do you mean us or the players? 🤔

Not making finals will put a massive dent in our prospects of attracting top talent.

I can't say we're an attractive destination for a player wanting a premiership chance.
The competition today between teams it is so close it's a joke , we are currently in a position to make finals or bust , with several other teams - Pies , Tigers , Port , Dogs.
Our current form will not get us to finals but miracles have happened.

His body of work has been pretty good though.

He’s probably got to have a good game in a winning side IMO. They have a vague formula.

He’s probably got to have a good game in a winning side IMO. They have a vague formula.
That’s the annoying thing. We get those game and they give it to another body of work guy. Mitch Owens should of got one but it went to a body of work player

Matt Crouch - or is that a touch too much (Crouch) ?.

Apologies to Bon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Body of Work thing is complete bullsh1t made up by some clown , care to tell me how they select the rising star in round 1 then ?
Pretty simple really ----- The best performance over the round , Nothing to do with body of work and its the same throughout the year , it just takes longer for some to get a nomination due to others performing better on the day

This Body of Work thing is complete bullsh1t made up by some clown , care to tell me how they select the rising star in round 1 then ?
Pretty simple really ----- The best performance over the round , Nothing to do with body of work and its the same throughout the year , it just takes longer for some to get a nomination due to others performing better on the day
They've awarded it to players before late in a season who didn't play well that weekend, but have still had a good year. It's definitely not unheard of.

They've awarded it to players before late in a season who didn't play well that weekend, but have still had a good year. It's definitely not unheard of.
It gets to the point when they have to nominate someone , there may not have been a standout player in that latter rounds so yes they may look back at previous performances but as a whole they just pick the best player for the round , you only have to look at who has been nominated so far to see how it works

Might have just got the wrong ones. We need good ones. Higgins is a good player but totally unsuited to us. I have no idea what we are trying to build but the move pieces on for nothing and then chase high price s**t players or have holes. Hill is Shane Savage. Josh Bruce and Hickey would be handy. Lonie looks no worse than Butler. We spend a lot of capital on * all of value.
Hill isn't anything ......anything .......like Shane Savage (who I liked) by the way. Sorry for the delay in pulling you up on this.

I think yeah, they play an outstanding game they get it, but they acknowledge the ones who play consistently for the season too, though they rarely win.

Hill isn't anything ......anything .......like Shane Savage (who I liked) by the way. Sorry for the delay in pulling you up on this.

I’d say the way we are playing him is 100% the same role -a rebound running back who isn’t there to defend. I think we’ve at least found him a role but he’s still a bit disappointing to me.

I’d say the way we are playing him is 100% the same role -a rebound running back who isn’t there to defend. I think we’ve at least found him a role but he’s still a bit disappointing to me.
The best Hill has played with us was fairly recently as a high HF and with all the trouble with f50 entries you'd think it was obvious.
I have no issue with him these days. He's improve his attack on man and ball and tries his guts out from what I've seen on the teevee. I just don't understand the obsession with using him in defense.

The best Hill has played with us was fairly recently as a high HF and with all the trouble with f50 entries you'd think it was obvious.
I have no issue with him these days. He's improve his attack on man and ball and tries his guts out from what I've seen on the teevee. I just don't understand the obsession with using him in defense.

I think when he went out Sincs was easier to contain and the rest of our backs are slow, perhaps he’s an expensive foil.

Perhaps he runs like nobody else in the team.

He’s definitely found a role but it’s an expensive Savage upgrade. We got him to play wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back