List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they just work well together. Maybe he needs a very specific role. Who knows but what he's there for isn't working at the Saints. Malthouse worked very well at Collingwood and not at Carlton. His assistants in Neald and Watters were both not great senior coaches but seemed to work at the Pies. Sometimes it's about fit. I'd be very keen to shake it up in the footy department. What they have been doing looks like it isn't working.
Rath is said to be one of the best in game strategy , but you have to have the players to complete the process.
You can have the best coaches in the world but if you don't have the cattle you just don't win.

Rath is said to be one of the best in game strategy , but you have to have the players to complete the process.
You can have the best coaches in the world but if you don't have the cattle you just don't win.
The best coaches use what they have and devise plans accordingly, they sure as hell don’t ask them to do what they can’t execute. You think the patriots won six super bowls because they had the most talent 😳.

Please let this be true- the guy has led us down the garden path with this "no gameplan is the gameplan"

Climate Change Marketing GIF by Australian Conservation Foundation

DR Spacey change the cops26 to Saints board
😆😆 lol

Please let this be true- the guy has led us down the garden path with this "no gameplan is the gameplan" nonsense.

He was simply at the right place at the right time at the hawks- the guy ain't no guru, he's selling snake oil.
What utter crap.

The best coaches use what they have and devise plans accordingly, they sure as hell don’t ask them to do what they can’t execute. You think the patriots won six super bowls because they had the most talent 😳.
Most game plans hinge on the midfield , the games we won was mainly because we were getting first use of the ball and the Patriots had Brady who could hit plays almost anywhere with his passing skills which our midfield is not able to do.

We get a game changing player who can open play with precision passing and everything should fall into place.
We have the players in the squad now who are developing and kids like King , Sharman , Higgins , Owens etc will only benefit from a class midfielder that doesn't just rack up the possessions but penetrates most times he disposes of the football , which we are missing.

Is the player we want DeGoey , Taranto , Dunkley or Kelly I don't know but we need that spark in the middle of the ground and they have to find someone.

Most game plans hinge on the midfield , the games we won was mainly because we were getting first use of the ball and the Patriots had Brady who could hit plays almost anywhere with his passing skills which our midfield is not able to do.

We get a game changing player who can open play with precision passing and everything should fall into place.
We have the players in the squad now who are developing and kids like King , Sharman , Higgins , Owens etc will only benefit from a class midfielder that doesn't just rack up the possessions but penetrates most times he disposes of the football , which we are missing.

Is the player we want DeGoey , Taranto , Dunkley or Kelly I don't know but we need that spark in the middle of the ground and they have to find someone.
It’s more complex than that but I haven‘t been impressed during his time with us at all. I think we need to hit the draft and shift our attention to Amon. He’d be very handy and won’t cost picks, Taranto and Dunkley aren’t worth what they’ll cost. It hasn’t been a wasted year we’ve found some good young talent and hopefully we’ll start next year with a fit coffield as well. We’ve moved forward Imo, missing finals was always the most likely outcome with our list and fixture. The club pumping up expectations makes it seem worse than it’s been.

Well we'll see next season I guess. I think most of the players seem to have progressed and hopefully with a bit more depth we'll have a proper crack at finals.

To me there is a really unwatchable game style, the systems look messy and break down under pressure and transition between the lines is off. Forward structure looks diabolical with the kick it on Kings head while he stands still seeming to be our only move.

To me most of that lot is on the coaching and strategy. I'm looking forward to a new forwards coach particularly. If the players can't follow instruction, make King move around so it becomes a weapon not a liability.

I think the players look like they lack leadership and grit/mental fortitude under pressure and have a lack of intensity but a good system can cover that.

The players above & others like Martin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Petracca etc. all play with that bit of arrogance, knowing that they are good & have been given a free reign by their coaches & team mates to do what they do best.
Now contrary to popular belief the player I’d like to see given that same freedom is Ben Long, tell him this who you are, what you are & use your pace & strength.

It’s more complex than that but I haven‘t been impressed during his time with us at all. I think we need to hit the draft and shift our attention to Amon. He’d be very handy and won’t cost picks, Taranto and Dunkley aren’t worth what they’ll cost. It hasn’t been a wasted year we’ve found some good young talent and hopefully we’ll start next year with a fit coffield as well. We’ve moved forward Imo, missing finals was always the most likely outcome with our list and fixture. The club pumping up expectations makes it seem worse than it’s been.

Missing finals with improvement in the list shouldn't be acceptable. We haven't won many more than last year and we were decimated by injury in 2021. Depth and leadership are a bit off but so many have become much better players this year. Ross, Hill, Battle, Crouch were close to liabilities last year.

Sinclair was a good but not outstanding player and Gresham was missing. Clark and Coff missed a lot of this year but they missed a lot last year and were hardly inspiring when they did play.

I'm still very salty that we have gone from 8 and 3 and fallen over. No-one at the club should be feeling comfortable and have up to 12 months to seriously straighten up or risk moving on.

Well we'll see next season I guess. I think most of the players seem to have progressed and hopefully with a bit more depth we'll have a proper crack at finals.

To me there is a really unwatchable game style, the systems look messy and break down under pressure and transition between the lines is off. Forward structure looks diabolical with the kick it on Kings head while he stands still seeming to be our only move.

To me most of that lot is on the coaching and strategy. I'm looking forward to a new forwards coach particularly. If the players can't follow instruction, make King move around so it becomes a weapon not a liability.

I think the players look like they lack leadership and grit/mental fortitude under pressure and have a lack of intensity but a good system can cover that.
We all know what we are lacking , the midfield that split teams apart - we need that penetration going into the forward line where the midfielders are attracting the backmen to them opening up the forward line so even a spud can take a uncontested mark.
Steele and Crouch can hold there own but they are not the type of midfielders that hurt teams on the scoreboard like the Petracca's , DeGoey types.

I'd get a skills coach in to train them. One player isn't going to change the game enough. Melbourne were diabolical before last year but Choco took them back to a skills remediation program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know what we are lacking , the midfield that split teams apart - we need that penetration going into the forward line where the midfielders are attracting the backmen to them opening up the forward line so even a spud can take a uncontested mark.
Steele and Crouch
The players above & others like Martin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Petracca etc. all play with that bit of arrogance, knowing that they are good & have been given a free reign by their coaches & team mates to do what they do best.
Now contrary to popular belief the player I’d like to see given that same freedom is Ben Long, tell him this who you are, what you are & use your pace & strength.
Could well be the makings of him , because he has the talent.

Steele and Crouch can hold there own but they are not the type of midfielders that hurt teams on the scoreboard like the Petracca's , DeGoey types.

Faster ball movement teams are less high possession, you don't need the run and spread as much and try to us the ball less to get further. Footy has had a revolution in the last few years. The stand rule has opened up faster movement and players can get out to space. We played our best footy last year when Dunny went full bullock and bomb out of the centre.

Sides like Collingwood are exploiting that same style but a bit more controlled but the idea is the same, break lines before defences can peel back and set their zones.

Cunners would be a very handy player these days, he might be Clarko's secret weapon to make him look like a master when he pulls them of the bottom of the ladder.

Steele and Crouch
Could well be the makings of him , because he has the talent.
I'd get a skills coach in to train them. One player isn't going to change the game enough. Melbourne were diabolical before last year but Choco took them back to a skills remediation program.
Gresham , Jones need to lift there game in that department but having a DeGoey would just give us another player who could change things if we are getting slaughtered in the midfield , our kids like Clark and Bytel have the skills but just are not producing what we want.

Faster ball movement teams are less high possession, you don't need the run and spread as much and try to us the ball less to get further. Footy has had a revolution in the last few years. The stand rule has opened up faster movement and players can get out to space. We played our best footy last year when Dunny went full bullock and bomb out of the centre.

Sides like Collingwood are exploiting that same style but a bit more controlled but the idea is the same, break lines before defences can peel back and set their zones.

Cunners would be a very handy player these days, he might be Clarko's secret weapon to make him look like a master when he pulls them of the bottom of the ladder.
Rath is Clarksons game planner so it will be good to see what he does.

Slightly off topic, but if Carlton get a compensation pick for this bloke, any compensation pick, we absolutely should kick up a stink. We lost 3 blokes, all younger, and 2 who could never come back to AFL at all.

Slightly off topic, but if Carlton get a compensation pick for this bloke, any compensation pick, we absolutely should kick up a stink. We lost 3 blokes, all younger, and 2 who could never come back to AFL at all.
Paddy was gone for more than 18 months, the other 2 retired full stop.

Carlton deserve to be compensated. It's to prevent a player retiring and then signing with a new club immediately.

It gone quiet on the rumors on who we are chasing in the trade period , I thought word of where Amon is heading to would of leaked or even something on DeGoey. They have stated they are going after free agents and they are the only 2 that are worth getting.

It gone quiet on the rumors on who we are chasing in the trade period , I thought word of where Amon is heading to would of leaked or even something on DeGoey. They have stated they are going after free agents and they are the only 2 that are worth getting.

DeGoey will stay a Pie. Amon is available but then the FA list starts to free out.

The best available players are Jake Lloyd looks the best available but unlikely to leave the Swans, then maybe Shiels from the Hawks but he's getting on and then Jayden Hunt and Mitch Wallis types.

We had a hard on for Lloyd a few years back and he was an absolute star a in those days. He had a run where he finished top 2 in their B and F every year for years.

Richmond's mantra. They stopped looking for what was missing and started to devise a plan to overcome their lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back