List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd get a skills coach in to train them. One player isn't going to change the game enough. Melbourne were diabolical before last year but Choco took them back to a skills remediation program.
I agree. A percentage increase in skills across the board will do more for us than one amazing player

Where is Clarko going at the moment? Someone said that Yze is leading the GWS race. Does that mean he's bound for North? Someone said to me that they think Port might make a play for him. If he's chasing staff you'd think that he's already agreed to a role.
I reckon he’s waiting to see what’s happening with Tassie. If Tassie get a green light to join the comp in the next few years I have a feeling he will take on a mentoring role and secure the Tassie gig.

I reckon he’s waiting to see what’s happening with Tassie. If Tassie get a green light to join the comp in the next few years I have a feeling he will take on a mentoring role and secure the Tassie gig.

I could see a Roos style role with North for Clarko to fill in the time between Tassie coming in, 2027 at the earliest I feel.

Two years as head coach, then a two year hand over with the chosen successor to get the club in order before taking the main job in Tassie.

The players above & others like Martin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Petracca etc. all play with that bit of arrogance, knowing that they are good & have been given a free reign by their coaches & team mates to do what they do best.
Now contrary to popular belief the player I’d like to see given that same freedom is Ben Long, tell him this who you are, what you are & use your pace & strength.
Add Owens and Windy to that too.

Saints keen to keep ageing Ryder

Injured St Kilda ruckman Paddy Ryder looks likely to play on for an 18th AFL season.

Ryder will turn 35 just before the start of next season, but it is believed the Saints are keen to see him partner up with Rowan Marshall as part of their two-pronged ruck attack again in 2023.

Ryder hasn’t played since the Round 18 loss to the Western Bulldogs, due to a calf injury. He has most likely played his last match in 2022, with the Saints this week listing him as still being two or three weeks away from resuming on their injury list.

Ryder said earlier this year he wanted to play on again in 2023 and that now seems likely, although a new one-year deal is not likely to come until the end of the Saints’ season.

Honestly, I'm disappointed if we want to go with Ryder/Marshall again.

Ryder looked cooked this year and we can't going into games with a ruck who gets 5-6 disposals a game. It holds back Marshall as a player and makes us a player down in the midfield in comparison to what we have when Marshall is rucking by himself. He also can't ruck a game by himself anymore, so he doesn't work as a back-up option for Marshall either.

It might be the tougher decision to make, but someone needs to tap him on the shoulder and say it's time.

Ryder looked cooked this year and we can't going into games with a ruck who gets 5-6 disposals a game. It holds back Marshall as a player and makes us a player down in the midfield in comparison to what we have when Marshall is rucking by himself. He also can't ruck a game by himself anymore, so he doesn't work as a back-up option for Marshall either.

It might be the tougher decision to make, but someone needs to tap him on the shoulder and say it's time.
It's time to look ahead- we're not going to get a full season out of Paddy.

It's time to look ahead- we're not going to get a full season out of Paddy.

Probably means a younger player has to go like Bytel or Connolly. I know which ones I'd have persisted with. He'll be like Geary, there taking a spot but not really in line to play unless there is a mass of injuries. You'd rather try Heath, at least he'll be on a list in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably means a younger player has to go like Bytel or Connolly. I know which ones I'd have persisted with. He'll be like Geary, there taking a spot but not really in line to play unless there is a mass of injuries. You'd rather try Heath, at least he'll be on a list in a few years.
At least with Geary, he was able to act as a playing/coach at Sandy with his chances of featuring at senior level low without impacting any kids ability to play their intended role at Sandy.

If Ryder stayed around knowing he would be 2nd fiddle to Marshall and play VFL, he would be taking Heaths development time in the VFL and we would still need another back-up ruck option.

If we finished somewhere between 4th and 7th and his form was closer to what he was at the start of the year than before his injuries I’d get it.

One last run, maybe we get a good FA player and bridge that gap to flag contention with an elite tap ruckman.

As it actually stands we likely finish 9th or 10th get no free agents and carry him into next year hoping we bridge them gap to a finals berth with a 35 year old with 2 years of more injuries than games.

Not ideal

Not is Ryder plays mainly forward

At least with Geary, he was able to act as a playing/coach at Sandy with his chances of featuring at senior level low without impacting any kids ability to play their intended role at Sandy.

If Ryder stayed around knowing he would be 2nd fiddle to Marshall and play VFL, he would be taking Heaths development time in the VFL and we would still need another back-up ruck option.
Agree that Ryder shouldn’t get a new deal. I’d rather Marshall does it solo next year. The only issue is that, if we can’t get a Lobb or Xerri or whoever and Ryder retired, we’d be an injury or two away from playing Heath. Lobb would be perfect.

Agree that Ryder shouldn’t get a new deal. I’d rather Marshall does it solo next year. The only issue is that, if we can’t get a Lobb or Xerri or whoever and Ryder retired, we’d be an injury or two away from playing Heath. Lobb would be perfect.
Lobb is exactly what we need on paper.

Unfortunately going to the Dogs it seems.

Yep time to let the big fella go & let Max Heath have a run every now & then, I know he’s young and raw, but it didn’t hurt Tim English or Luke Jackson at the same age to mix it on the big stage.
Time for youth.

Yep time to let the big fella go & let Max Heath have a run every now & then, I know he’s young and raw, but it didn’t hurt Tim English or Luke Jackson at the same age to mix it on the big stage.
Time for youth.
Max hasn't got near it in the handful of games I've seen. I think he should at least have to become or get close to the #1 ruck at Sandy (Campbell/Paddy) before he gets a spot in the ones. Maybe a preseason hitout would be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back