List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Clark reporting on Triple M today that Clarko met with Brad Hill in the middle of the season. Also said he would “expect” Clarko to have a look at getting Hill into North if he goes there.
Jay Clark has mentioned this a couple of times
Please let it be true

Jay Clark reporting on Triple M today that Clarko met with Brad Hill in the middle of the season. Also said he would “expect” Clarko to have a look at getting Hill into North if he goes there.
Did he mention anything about Ben Long to North too ?

LOL
believe what you want, I believe nothing on here LOL
Did PM a couple, weeks ago that Lenny was coming home
I'm in the camp we should keep Bytel because he is good
Can confirm the PM.

Can confirm he also had the Marshall extension aswell.

Good man is Mowman

Jay Clark has mentioned this a couple of times
Please let it be true

I'm happy for him to go but we have to get something back or just hold until we get a coach who can free him up. He played good footy this season but I don't think he works as well at HBF.

Nek minute, Hill goes back to an elite winger HF with a game plan that gives him space to work with.

In a better side he's a good player, just hasn't been well used by us and we expected him to be something he's not.

I'm happy for him to go but we have to get something back or just hold until we get a coach who can free him up. He played good footy this season but I don't think he works as well at HBF.
we get 900k SC space and Ratts is here for at least 12 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you’re right.
The way I’m reading this article is he focuses on players attributes, what is their X factor as such. If that is the case then why are we drafting players that don’t fit into a congested game plan. Why do we draft a player who likes to run and carry if we are playing slow congested footy?
Why do we draft a 2m full forward with the X factor of marking at the highest point and bomb the ball on his head, kick over his head for him to run onto or have him run up the ground as a link up player on CHB? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Are these guys talking to each other??
Game plan = players we need

we get 900k SC space and Ratts is here for at least 12 months

We need to put it all on De Goey then, would be a fair swap and more of what we need. We don't want to step backwards. Get Amon and chuck him HBF and we are a better side.

Or get Jake Lloyd out of Sydney as a FA and we are a much more stacked side.

In a better side he's a good player, just hasn't been well used by us and we expected him to be something he's not.
One unexpected effect from this is my hatred of Richo is very slightly reduced. These coaches are getting extended beyond their natural tenure and end up in an impossible position when inevitable happens again.
Hats off to Tim Watson who had the integrity and courage to admit he couldn't do it.

Have we thought it is the problem of coaching rather than the player? All of our mids bunch together, fight for the same ball/tackle the same opposition player, with no concept of spacing and position, other good sides have players hang back ready to receive the handball, that’s part of reason most of our kids look crap, because everything is in tight, just try giving a clean kick or handball when you have 10 players next to you..

Complete little league set up.. just running around like headless chooks.. looks at Geelong who basically backs one player to do their job and win the ball, before jumping in..
Doesn't change the fact that so far, all we've seen from Bytel is that he's inside mid and thats it.

Windy and Owens have already gone past him and he was already behind Steele and Crouch who play the same role only heaps better.

It would be crap list management sign a player on a longer contract simply in the hope that some other club will then offer up some magic draft pick and take him off our hands.

Oh, you won’t DM me insider info but want to banter now. Unlikely Blowman!
i have sent you a few they just take a while to get all the way over there, keep checking

He’ll get him another premiership while we’re still propping up the ladder.

Ex coach who is retired, mets a player he used to coach for coffee, theoretically to plan the players move to a team that the ex- coach hadn't met yet about the coaching role.

A plan so cunning ........

Last edited:
Just an example of how many people over the years have had rave reviews at one club only to fall flat somewhere else. Working well with Clarkson is undeniable but not a garuntee of success elsewhere. Anyway we reappointed ratts and clearly rate rath if he’s being promoted but there’s also talk on here that the coaches think the problem lies 100% with the players. So imo it’s perfectly reasonable having watched the side under these guys to hold the view that the coach and his assistants including the whole football department are drinking there own bath water.
It then begs the question, “if the coaches believe it’s 100% players problem”, then why on earth are we resigning them?

Hill will still be the same player he doesn’t put his body on the line & Clarko can’t coach out pressure from the opposition, Hill is the only player who puts his hand in where his body should be.

We should get a 2nd round draft pick, pick 1 player & salary relief + less stressful at the footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back