List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably getting sat on though which frees up Sincs or others. He's replaceable but you still have to replace him. Nas is the obvious one but he's possibly gone too. I'd entertain it but you'd look alike a bunch of morons paying the earth for him and then selling him for a second rounder and paying his wage while North jump us with him playing well.

We are one of the most stagnant sides in footy and he is one of the few that runs to provide options. Imagine if Sincs and Hill went we'd might as well be a bunch of witches hats.

He certainly is tradable especially if his wage went to pay DeGoey who is a much more bricks and mortar type of player compared to Hill who is more a marble bench top.

I don't think we are far off being a finals side and I don't think we can afford to drop away for another few years so realistically we need to draft well, chase free agents who cost no picks and if we can move some players out and upgrade while we go we should be competitive for another 5 years.

I really don't think Lethlean has ever planned for a flag, just to be a 5 to 8 side and hopefully keep adding good kids and hopefully build a platform for the next premiership crack further down the track as guys like King get to the mid to late 20s.

It was a real shame we couldn't get it together this year, it's a soft era without a really dominant side.
Sam Mitchell said it yesterday about the Tigers, they could probably still pinch a flag this year because outside Geelong (who havent performed in finals) there is no dominant team.
North don't have much in the way of picks (1, 55, 66, 73). Unless they get an end of 1st round priority pick or bring a 2nd rounder in by trading someone of reasonable value (a Zurhaar) then it's sounds pretty unlikely. Although future picks are always a possibility.
Well i didnt say picks. Either way i seriously doubt there is anything in the Hill to North rumours which seem to have started and ended here.

I'd love Zurhaar but he's probably a bit too much like Membrey and Snags in that mid sized sort of range. I think we need to structure up what we have before we add more pieces.
Touch more bullish.

Id have him.

If our forward line is Gresh, Higgins, King, Butler, Membrey, Zurhaar with Roma stretching and Owens and Windy resting thats pretty ******* terrifying for oppo.

Sam Mitchell said it yesterday about the Tigers, they could probably still pinch a flag this year because outside Geelong (who havent performed in finals) there is no dominant team.

Well i didnt say picks. Either way i seriously doubt there is anything in the Hill to North rumours which seem to have started and ended here.

I was just commenting that North have already flicked their 2nd & 3rd rounders.

To me Sydney are the real bolter. They just have so much going right, Horse is a master coach and they have a great mix. Mills has become a top 20 AFL player and their youth group is so good and deep. Horse demolished Collingwood and he will be working on others. To me the Dees are still well and truely in contention but Geelong and Sydney are firming for me. That said I reckon anyone could have a good run at it and take home a flag. Even the Dogs could have if they'd made it it's so close.

On the Tigers, they have been drafting really really well in the last few years. They will drop away but they aren't going to bottom out anytime soon.

Other than in here (where it seems to have originated and stayed) is there any other source for the Nas stuff?

It seems like pure speculation because he hasnt re signed (which until a few years back was completely normal for a draftee)

It's doing the rounds as a rumour. Who knows where it starts but perhaps it's just because he hasn't signed the extension we put to him.

To me Sydney are the real bolter. They just have so much going right, Horse is a master coach and they have a great mix. Mills has become a top 20 AFL player and their youth group is so good and deep. Horse demolished Collingwood and he will be working on others. To me the Dees are still well and truely in contention but Geelong and Sydney are firming for me. That said I reckon anyone could have a good run at it and take home a flag. Even the Dogs could have if they'd made it it's so close.

On the Tigers, they have been drafting really really well in the last few years. They will drop away but they aren't going to bottom out anytime soon.
I think Geelong is the right short priced fave. The next tier is Melbourne and Sydney. Of the current 8 only feels like Carlton and Freo is making up the numbers to me (Brisbane cant win in Melbourne so they might be cooked for a flag). If the Dogs make it no one will want to be playing them or Richmond at any point, proper bogey teams that on their day are almost unbeatable.

I'd love Zurhaar but he's probably a bit too much like Membrey and Snags in that mid sized sort of range. I think we need to structure up what we have before we add more pieces.
You're probably right but it just feels like we need another marking type up there. There is Hayes but feels like a risk to rely on him.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Zurhaar. I hope he's on our radar but yeah would prefer a player swap aswell.

I'm hoping the Swans or Lions get the bikkies from here.

Would absolutely hate to see those flogs from Corio Bay get a flag. The rest... meh.

Re Sydney it’s amazing what a few quality academy picks can do for your list and make your program look good. As we’ve seen with owens and wind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're probably right but it just feels like we need another marking type up there. There is Hayes but feels like a risk to rely on him.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Zurhaar. I hope he's on our radar but yeah would prefer a player swap aswell.
Aggressive player as well, I rate him highly.

Re Sydney it’s amazing what a few quality academy picks can do for your list and make your program look good. As we’ve seen with owens and wind.

They get bullshit academy picks but they get everything else right too. They rarely waste picks ever and really target pieces they need rather than scatter gun bring in players. Guys like Florent and Haywood types they are probably more high possession players outside that system but they just play their disciplined roles so well. If I was to pick one word for them disciplined would be the one. Everyone just seems to do their role well and work for a team mate. You can tell that if you pulled a piece out that someone else could come in and do that role as well.

Listening to Will Day from the Hawks speak the other day, you got the sense that that's what Mitchell is setting up the Hawks for. I get why he was considered so highly rated now.

I don't think so. Not big enough to be a proper 2nd tall and I don't think he is much better (if at all) than Membrey to warrant giving up what he would be worth.

I think he's a free agent?

I'm hoping the Swans or Lions get the bikkies from here.

Would absolutely hate to see those flogs from Corio Bay get a flag. The rest... meh.

Brisbane just don't look as well drilled as others but if they can get home finals it will certainly give them a shot at it. You don't need to be the best side, just the best side in the finals.

I think Geelong is the right short priced fave. The next tier is Melbourne and Sydney. Of the current 8 only feels like Carlton and Freo is making up the numbers to me (Brisbane cant win in Melbourne so they might be cooked for a flag). If the Dogs make it no one will want to be playing them or Richmond at any point, proper bogey teams that on their day are almost unbeatable.

Freo are giant killers and play well away from home. They could do some damage but I think they sit with Brisbane and Carlton as you say. I have this feeling about Sydney. They just seem to have so many pieces in place and don't have anything obvious to crack open. Geelong has all it's best talent up front and in their tall backs. Cut supply and limit them scoring and they are vulnerable. Sydney haven't got an obvious strength but don't have an obvious weakness. They look like a real Keyser Soze just limping away in the background letting others take the plaudits. They are in the top 2 but sort of snuck up on a lot of people.

Freo are giant killers and play well away from home. They could do some damage but I think they sit with Brisbane and Carlton as you say. I have this feeling about Sydney. They just seem to have so many pieces in place and don't have anything obvious to crack open. Geelong has all it's best talent up front and in their tall backs. Cut supply and limit them scoring and they are vulnerable. Sydney haven't got an obvious strength but don't have an obvious weakness. They look like a real Keyser Soze just limping away in the background letting others take the plaudits. They are in the top 2 but sort of snuck up on a lot of people.
I was stunned looking at the ladder last night and seeing they were second. If they finish there (which seems likely given they play us) they probably have two home finals and into a Granny.

Freo could but theyve also looked a bit flat the past few weeks.

Ultimately Geelong are rightful faves, they look like the standouts but save for one or two in the 8 you can throw a blanket over the rest and even then, Geelong could cop Collingwood/Richmond at the G in weeks 1 and 2 and go straight out.

Cam Zurhaar seems like Jordy DeGoey Lite.

Talls are Membrey, King and Hayes/Roma, Zurharr/Owens/Higgins are the mid sized rotation forwards and then Butler and Gresh as the proper small forwards.

I like that set up.

Anyway i dont think Jordy or Zurhaar are coming so its all moot.
Zurhaar doesn't play midfield like De Goey does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back