List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one welcome the bog average, mentally broken Lord Farquaad with open arms!

If his role is to replace our shithouse receptionist that is.

There is already a succession plan for the trainee receptionist.

We are pretty short on HBF's. Apart from Coffield, Sinclair, Clark, ( Usually ) Hill, and of course Wilkie and Webster could play that role, or Jones.
But apart from that ......we have a severe shortage of HBF's and should trade multiple draft picks to address it.

Like who?

As I said in my earlier post, he's make a very good wingman. It was no surprise to see him play his best game last week when they put him there.

Anyone that genuinely thinks he wouldn't be best 22 though are either having a laugh or very ignorant

You'd drop Wood or McKenzie without thinking twice

As I said in my earlier post, he's make a very good wingman. It was no surprise to see him play his best game last week when they put him there.

Anyone that genuinely thinks he wouldn't be best 22 though are either having a laugh or very ignorant

You'd drop Wood or McKenzie without thinking twice

I just don't think its strategic.
Are our wingmen so pathetic that its a glaring weakness?
Do we have no-one developing for that sort of role.

We'd lose decent draft picks. We're already chewing up a good portion of the cap on a winger who can't play wing.

I just don't think its strategic.
Are our wingmen so pathetic that its a glaring weakness?
Do we have no-one developing for that sort of role.

We'd lose decent draft picks. We're already chewing up a good portion of the cap on a winger who can't play wing.
Go back and read my.post mate. I said I wouldn't go after him because he isn't a glaring need, I just said he wouldn't have any issue making it into our side...

View attachment 1402919

I see where you’re coming from, however for the cost it’s certainly not worth going anywhere near him imo. Would rather Amon if we’re hell bent on replacing those 2.
See above.

I'm not suggesting we take him.

I said it might be worth it if he was a free agent but not worth the price.

Amon is be happy with if he's not chasing huge bucks

De Goey is their Gresham, he's not perfect but you'd like a couple of him in the side. He's a gun player and probably won them that game against us in round one. He's not a superstar but he's a very good high impact per touch player.

Gresham has basically not played 2 years and only now is he playing more midfield time and his stats are as good as DeGoey's , but they are booming DeGoey as some superstar and when he has played 8 seasons and only twice averaging over 20 possessions , he making Bytel look good.
Current form Ross is making him look very average.

Anyway if he was given a contract on his output over his career he doesnt warrant a bigger contract than Ross or Crouch.
There are other free agents who would be most probably cheaper and as good like Dunkley or Brayshaw and even Amon might be better going just by stats.

If we can get him on the same contract as Crouch - 600k and 3yrs with a trigger - snap him up , I 'd rather him than Hannerbery who can't even get on the park.

We are pretty short on HBF's. Apart from Coffield, Sinclair, Clark, ( Usually ) Hill, and of course Wilkie and Webster could play that role, or Jones.
But apart from that ......we have a severe shortage of HBF's and should trade multiple draft picks to address it.
McGrath wouldn't be looked at when there are 3 free agents that are better in Brayshaw , Dunkley and DeGoey and all would cost nothing trade wise.

Amon would be fine as you say for the right price and so would Brayshaw , DeGoey and Dunkley.
In reality they are all fine for the right price, what you view as the right price is the query.

FWIW whilst all of them (even McGrath) would be nice, none of them are "needs" so for me the price is even lower. Even Brayshaw and Dunkley as good they are there is a little bit "more of the same" with them.

If we're talking about midfielders.

Currently: Steele, Crouch, Ross, Jones, Gresham : Clark : Bytel, Byrnes, Windhager , Owens.

Ross is on fire, but he might struggle to get another contract at the end of 2023.
If we picked up another gun midfielder, we could potentially play Gresham forward, but we still have a bit of a logjam.

I guess we won't really know until close to the end of the season, to see if we get any exposure into everyone right of Gresham in my list.

If we're talking about midfielders.

Currently: Steele, Crouch, Ross, Jones, Gresham : Clark : Bytel, Byrnes, Windhager , Owens.

Ross is on fire, but he might struggle to get another contract at the end of 2023.
If we picked up another gun midfielder, we could potentially play Gresham forward, but we still have a bit of a logjam.

I guess we won't really know until close to the end of the season, to see if we get any exposure into everyone right of Gresham in my list.
If were gonna get a mid they need to either be an x factor mid (like Shai Bolton) or a versatile mid (Dunkley maybe as one who can also go forward?).

Cant see any benefit in us getting a slightly younger version of guys like Crouch and Seb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In reality they are all fine for the right price, what you view as the right price is the query.

FWIW whilst all of them (even McGrath) would be nice, none of them are "needs" so for me the price is even lower. Even Brayshaw and Dunkley as good they are there is a little bit "more of the same" with them.
True and I suppose we are really in need of another key tall defender and knowing Milera , Windhager and Owens are only going to get way better next season , plus Coffield will be back the need of a mid is not really needed however would strengthen the squad in case we get a injury to a Steele or Crouch.

If were gonna get a mid they need to either be an x factor mid (like Shai Bolton) or a versatile mid (Dunkley maybe as one who can also go forward?).

Cant see any benefit in us getting a slightly younger version of guys like Crouch and Seb

Someone like Brayshaw could play a similar role to Seb, but play it better. But yeah, nothing to say that one of the guys we are already developing won't be able to do that.

Gresham has basically not played 2 years and only now is he playing more midfield time and his stats are as good as DeGoey's , but they are booming DeGoey as some superstar and when he has played 8 seasons and only twice averaging over 20 possessions , he making Bytel look good.
Current form Ross is making him look very average.

Anyway if he was given a contract on his output over his career he doesnt warrant a bigger contract than Ross or Crouch.
There are other free agents who would be most probably cheaper and as good like Dunkley or Brayshaw and even Amon might be better going just by stats.

If we can get him on the same contract as Crouch - 600k and 3yrs with a trigger - snap him up , I 'd rather him than Hannerbery who can't even get on the park.

DeGoey isn't a superstar but he's a high impact player like Gresh is my point. He will be too expensive and too high a risk but those types aren't measured on pure possession counts. Both can turn games through their own will power. Dusty and Petracca are examples of guys with the impact but even more touches so are classed as superstars. DeGoey has done it in finals including the GF and in a better side might be even better.

Synman and Howell played past 1963, both played in our 1966 premiership team.
Yeah, they're the only ones that debuted in 1958 and were still playing in 1963 however. Unless old lotto mate has her dates mixed up.

DeGoey isn't a superstar but he's a high impact player like Gresh is my point. He will be too expensive and too high a risk but those types aren't measured on pure possession counts. Both can turn games through their own will power. Dusty and Petracca are examples of guys with the impact but even more touches so are classed as superstars. DeGoey has done it in finals including the GF and in a better side might be even better.
The only way I could be comfortable with us signing JDG, is if we have a clause allowing unconditional termination if a previously undisclosed video or charge sheet "magically appears" during the contract.

Could O'Brien from the crows be a good short term solution l if Ryder calls it quits at the end of the year?

If we signed him for 2 years there would be less pressure to get Hayes back before he's ready and it gives time for Heath to get ready if he's a genuine prospect.

Looks like Brad's brother would be available but don't think we need another one.

Could O'Brien from the crows be a good short term solution l if Ryder calls it quits at the end of the year?

If we signed him for 2 years there would be less pressure to get Hayes back before he's ready and it gives time for Heath to get ready if he's a genuine prospect.

Looks like Brad's brother would be available but don't think we need another one.
He would be a long term option if we were to go after him, not short term.

Contracted and 26. He may be on the outer right now for whatever reasons but he's highly rated and would not cost a packet of chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back