List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was always Matt who's disposal was that bit iffier.

I reckon Matt's a very good player still. I'd certainly have a look. Both were a bit one way but Brad has improved that a lot.

Is Paddy Dow worth a crack?
Can't get going at the Blues, former Pick 3.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Paddy Dow worth a crack?
Can't get going at the Blues, former Pick 3.

He's pretty one dimensional but he could be a bargain for someone. Depends what they want for him, I wouldn't want to pay more than a 2nd rounder. He might be too much like what we already have as well.

It's a massive call at a critical time for this team: Is a Marshall/Hayes combo enough to win us a premiership or do we need Ryder to go full Clark Keating and only play from round 18 onwards for a year or two.

The third option is we hunt for a replacement, something the club has done a couple of times with approaches to both Sam Draper and Tristian Xerri but who's available?

One of Reilly O'Brien or Keiran Strachan from Adelaide?
Flynn or Briggs from GWS?
Lloyd Meek from the Dockers?

Would having any of them as our #1 ruck, with Marshall playing forward, be any better than the Marshall/Hayes combo?

If I was making the call I think we take a mature tap ruck in the mid season draft to develop with Heath, back in Marshall/Hayes for next year, and hope that we can manage Paddy into September for a shot at the flag.

Look no further than Darcy Cameron at Collingwood. Has been excellent as the number 1 ruck since Grundy got injured. Is a very handy forward also. He'll always be behind Grundy and forced to play forward, whereas you could see him at least splitting 50/50 with Marshall.

27 years old this year. Heath comes through the VFL and we're laughing once Boston Everitt comes to us as a F/S

He's pretty one dimensional but he could be a bargain for someone. Depends what they want for him, I wouldn't want to pay more than a 2nd rounder. He might be too much like what we already have as well.
I would definitely target Dow. Not sure I'd be keen to give up a 2nd for him.

A change of club could be just what he needs

They were saying last night that Paddy was playing on a Durdin or Owies type, so they’ve got him playing on someone much shorter, so that he can peel off when the high balls come in and pick them off, as his man isn’t a marking threat.

If he and Battle or Wilkie swapped and Sydney had them playing that role instead of Paddy, I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t play it just as well.

That’s why I’d be very interested in a Roughead type.

To free up Howard to play CHB and a more intercepting/rebounding role, which in turn frees up one or both of Battle or Wilkie, to play that sort of role that the Levers and McCartins play.

Then they could be much more of a “weapon” or threat to the other team.
That was a shocking tactic if that was the case... while Curnow was the headline act, it was the Carlton small forwards who absolutely cut the Swans up

Look no further than Darcy Cameron at Collingwood. Has been excellent as the number 1 ruck since Grundy got injured. Is a very handy forward also. He'll always be behind Grundy and forced to play forward, whereas you could see him at least splitting 50/50 with Marshall.

27 years old this year. Heath comes through the VFL and we're laughing once Boston Everitt comes to us as a F/S
How far off is Boston? Is he 16 this year?

I really like this.

The other option I'd look at is the Crows.

Not long ago they signed Reilly O'Brien to a pretty juicy 4 year contract extention. He's locked in until the end of 2025 for about $650k a year. Now Keiran Strachan has come in and is looking a very nice tap ruck. He held his own against the Ryder/Marshall combo on Saturday night.

Surely one of them is gettable?

Strachan would come cheaper but is less proven. ROB might be a 'bargain' if the Crows look to dump his contract.

I saw some of Max Heath on the weekend. I wouldn't be breaking the bank on another ruck option unless Marshall walks.

I think we are looking at maximizing our chances with the group right now.

How far off is Heath from being able to play 15-20 games as a #1 ruck or ruck/forward hybrid?

I think we are looking at maximizing our chances with the group right now.

How far off is Heath from being able to play 15-20 games as a #1 ruck or ruck/forward hybrid?
If Ryder retires at the end of the season, then there is absolutely a decision that needs to be made about whether we go and try find another top notch seasoned ruckman or transition to Marshall/Heath and go get another project ruckman. FWIW I'm not sure Ryder is going to retire this year or that there is another ruckman as good as him available. But I am comfortable Heath will make a contribution in the senior side and fairly soon. He's also showing some ability to catch and kick goals forward, which makes him valuable.

No ruckman in the league taps like Ryder except for maybe Natainui, who probably is going nowhere other than staying at the Eagles. Others would be a downgrade IMO, and not justifiable considering who we have in reserve already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ryder retires at the end of the season, then there is absolutely a decision that needs to be made about whether we go and try find another top notch seasoned ruckman or transition to Marshall/Heath and go get another project ruckman. FWIW I'm not sure Ryder is going to retire this year or that there is another ruckman as good as him available. But I am comfortable Heath will make a contribution in the senior side and fairly soon. He's also showing some ability to catch and kick goals forward, which makes him valuable.

No ruckman in the league taps like Ryder except for maybe Natainui, who probably is going nowhere other than staying at the Eagles. Others would be a downgrade IMO, and not justifiable considering who we have in reserve already.
Also have to remember whether the club see Hayes as a viable 2nd Ruck pinch hitter and given he should be good to go round 1 next year should Paddy retire they may look that way?

I recon this is NicNat's last season with the Eagles. Free agent and the Eagles looking to rebuild... some club that thinks they are a chance will gamble on him. His constant injuries would see the Eagles eyeing up the compensation pick.

On the Couch tonight Paddy sounded in no hurry to retire.
loves the game as much as he did when he first started.
Lets all pray his body allows it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back