Not open for further replies.

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
I'm all for getting in Amon because he's another player that grew up supporting the Saints. It might be the only advantage we can get in recruitment compared to other clubs. We need to get more blokes at St Kilda that have that ingrained passion for the Saints, not just "happy to be there" guys.

Pies, Tigers, Essendon, Carlton, Melbourne all have the advantage of several MCG games a season in marquee match ups to dangle in front of trade targets and retain kids they've drafted. Who wouldn't want to play in front of 90,000 on ANZAC day?

Interstate clubs have the "go home factor" and there's a 50% chance that a local kid grew up loving the club they're drafted to.

Geelong have their own unique geographical advantage, similar to interstate clubs.

Really, the Dogs, Saints and North don't have any of these benefits, unless we start playing some home games at Moorabin (God I hope we do someday).

Recently we've got Kind, Jones, Higgins, NWM and the NGA boys (alhtough not all Saints fans, at least have a passion for the club by being in our academy). You can't tell me Higgins and Jones aren't playing with a little more passion and spirit now they're wearing the red, white and black?

Long winded way of saying get Amon.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
Tex Walker's Reported Offer From A Club "In The Premiership Window"

We’ve been named as one of the potential clubs. Not sure we need the guy, I’m not that big a fan but if the price is right - why not?
We surely aren't.

Especially with all the great work we've done around Indigenous engagement at the club. I'm all for giving blokes a second chance etc, but this feels like it would undo a bit of the good work the club has done in that area.

Kind of like getting De Goey into the club. Not a racial concern, just a general flog concern when the word about St Kilda is that it's a great place to be at the moment.

Because we can barely fit all our current marking forwards into the team as it is.

I guess it would push Membrey and Coops out but if you could double your scoring output from tall forwards it makes sense. Riewoldt and Lynch type scenario sound alright. You'd probably play Higgins along side them with three spots for smaller types or one of Membrey and Coops.

We surely aren't.

Especially with all the great work we've done around Indigenous engagement at the club. I'm all for giving blokes a second chance etc, but this feels like it would undo a bit of the good work the club has done in that area.

Kind of like getting De Goey into the club. Not a racial concern, just a general flog concern when the word about St Kilda is that it's a great place to be at the moment.

He's 32.
Off field he's a dick.
On field he's like a 1cm taller, less talented version of Cooper Sharman, who has been on the Plugger diet.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
We surely aren't.

At least De Goey would fit some sort of need and is in the right age window. It is as dumb as speculation that Essendon is after Roh when they have Draper and ruck is least of their worries.

I would suggest it would be the Bulldogs if anyone.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tex Walker's Reported Offer From A Club "In The Premiership Window"

We’ve been named as one of the potential clubs. Not sure we need the guy, I’m not that big a fan but if the price is right - why not?

Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton, Fremantle, St Kilda, Geelong or Sydney.

From the cubs named Sydney would be the most likely and have the biggest need.

Cats really do need to start get some younger players as they are just way, way too old now.

The team not on that list who would be the best fit is the Bulldogs.

Hopefully is the Cats though as Tex would strengthen Freo, Swans or Dogs.

The Cavalry

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

Cats really do need to start get some younger players as they are just way, way too old now.

My opinion which teams need a KPF most:
1. Fremantle (Taberner OK but he would become their No.1 guy)
2. Melbourne (Replace Ben Brown/Tom Mcdonald)
3. Sydney (2nd KPF alonside an ageing Buddy)
4. StKilda (2nd to M.King)
5. Carlton (Do they place McKay/Curnow/Tex)
6. Geelong (How do they fit Hawkins/Cameron/Tex)
7. Brisbane (Already have McStay/Hipwood/Daniher)

Dogs have Bruce, Naughton, JUH and Darcy. Hard to see them needing him.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dogs have Bruce, Naughton, JUH and Darcy. Hard to see them needing him.
The only caveat to this is Bruce and Darcy are injured and they are choosing to play Cordy as a forward and he is about as useful as a tall forward as Caleb Daniel is a ruckman.

No idea what they dont like with JUH but its concerning for me.

Replace 29 yo Ben Brown with 32 YO Walker?

He's 32.
Off field he's a dick.
On field he's like a 1cm taller, less talented version of Cooper Sharman, who has been on the Plugger diet.
who is on the the plugger diet? Sharman or Walker?

who is on the the plugger diet? Sharman or Walker?

15Kg for his 1cm.

Taylor_Walker_2019.1.jpg

So you want to replace both Brown and McDonald both 29 with a 32yo flog ,,, Ok

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you want to replace both Brown and McDonald both 29 with a 32yo flog ,,, Ok
If the dees miss a flag this year and McDonald and Brown both play like busted ass (especially in Finals) i could see the appeal of loading up on an old Key Forward for one or two years in the flag window.

Theres ALOT of things to happen for that scenario to play out but on field Tex is better than both those guys and if Melbourne thinks that area is a weakness i could maybe see it (if i squint)

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Luckily I and others aren’t recruiters. Been saying for the last 5 years mids and then more mids. I suppose they did get them in our defence last year. Now obviously depending what’s available it’s back to key forwards and backs and also depending on heaths second half of the year maybe a ruck but probably not. Backs are pretty easy to get through trades so shouldn’t be issue. Forwards and reasonable rucks not so much. Think that is also how we should draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back