List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different players though.
Would really like to see Bytel get another year ( hopefully injury free) to show us what he’s got before we move him on.

They're different types yes, but Bytel isn't without his own qualities.
Would be a great midfield with all of them in it.

Bytel the Steele replacement as the slow type who tackles a lot and handballs

Owen’s as the Nat Fyfe midfield powerhouse who takes contested marks up forward and goals

Windy as the explosive evasive bull like petracca shrugging tackles and smashing through packs to get the ball moving.

All 3 get the ball to nas who laces out cooper Sharman

They're different types yes, but Bytel isn't without his own qualities.
IIRC: at an early Sandringham game at TBBO this year, Bytel, Owen and Windhager all started in the centre square. A real life demonstration of what each offers and also a demonstration that the sum of the parts is greater than the sum of the whole.
Rather than continuing on in this vein, and going all Synergy Sam on you, that set up did look exciting.

With Ratts signed on for a couple of years, I'd like to see us get in someone like Choco as director of coaching or something similar. Let 'em play the good cop/bad cop game. Choco I think would provide a bit of a harder edge to the environment, seems to be an extremely competitive individual.

I wanted him as coach when they appointed Richo. 🧐

With Ratts signed on for a couple of years, I'd like to see us get in someone like Choco as director of coaching or something similar. Let 'em play the good cop/bad cop game. Choco I think would provide a bit of a harder edge to the environment, seems to be an extremely competitive individual.

The best coaches in my opinion have that mean competitive streak about them. Scott, Longmire and Hardwick the leading trio in the comp under this banner? Their clubs sit 1st 4th and 8th. Not a coincidence. Clarko is obviously another. No surprise they dominate winning flags and sitting at the pointy end of the ladder.

I think Rath should definitely be looked at. He'd be a high priced part of our footy department and I'm not sure what he offers. He's meant to be a strategist and our game plan sucks and the strategy isn't working.

Putting Noble or Choco in looks a no brainer to me. I think he's football director at the moment and it's looks an area that could make a big difference next year with an experienced operator. Balme and Choco types seem to really help.

Someone has probably addressed this before but how does collingwood paying out $300,000 for someone to play at another club work. Who’s cap is that in ?. Is it in anyones cap ? The bulldogs effectively have a mid they can‘t fit under there cap playing for them, surely that‘s a rort. How would you like to loose a gf to a team that had a couple of deals like that. Bloody Melbourne with Gawn and Grundy on collingwoods cash isn’t something I’m looking forward to.

Last edited:
Someone has probably addressed this before but how does collingwood paying out $300,000 for someone to play at another club work. Who’s cap is that in ?. Is it in anyones cap ? The bulldogs effectively have a mid they can‘t fit under there cap playing for them, surely that‘s a rort. How would you like to loose a gf to a team that had a couple of deals like that. Bloody Melbourne with Gawn and Grundy on collingwoods cash isn’t something I’m looking forward to.
Pretty sure it would be in their (Pies) cap for the amounts and period agreed to.

Where is Clarko going at the moment? Someone said that Yze is leading the GWS race. Does that mean he's bound for North? Someone said to me that they think Port might make a play for him. If he's chasing staff you'd think that he's already agreed to a role.

Where is Clarko going at the moment? Someone said that Yze is leading the GWS race. Does that mean he's bound for North? Someone said to me that they think Port might make a play for him. If he's chasing staff you'd think that he's already agreed to a role.
I have a weird feeling it might just be North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like selling off future picks. What if we screw up the pick Brisbane have and next year bottom out. We give them pick 3 or 4 for a pick 16 in a weaker draft. Part of the reason we don't have lots of quality is selling off our picks for years.

You keep saying it but its just not accurate.

One 1st round pick that brought in Hill, Howard & Ryder.

One 1st round that brought us another 1st & 2nd

One downgraded 1st that brought us a 21 year old.

There’s reasons why we are lacking talent but it is not because we are ‘topping up for years’ as you keep stating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we can do a deal with Norf.

Norf get all their best players and trade them to us , they get paid ludicrous money and Norf pay a heap under their cap.
Then after we win the premiership, we trade players to Norf and pay their salary under our cap.

just take it in turns winning threepeats then tanking for a few.

BUT WE HAVE TO GO FIRST ...ITS OUR TURN.

Maybe we can do a deal with Norf.

Norf get all their best players and trade them to us , they get paid ludicrous money and Norf pay a heap under their cap.
Then after we win the premiership, we trade players to Norf and pay their salary under our cap.

just take it in turns winning threepeats then tanking for a few.

BUT WE HAVE TO GO FIRST ...ITS OUR TURN.
Ok , which is it

hallucdrugs.png

Whoever gets highmore for peanuts is gonna look like a genius when he kills it at AFL level.

It's gonna be us getting membrey for free in reverse.

For better or worse we are committed to wilkie, battle and howard longterm- plus coffield to return somewhere/somehow.

I personally think all those guys are quality backmen individually, but any combination of them in the 22 together leaves us with a weak backline if we are trying to be a top 4 team in the next few years.

We've painted ourselves into a corner by drafting all the same kind of player.
Plus howard who is tall... but no good at wearing an opponent like a glove- so he in effect plays the same as wilkie, highmore, battle, coffield despite his height.

Really poor list management- this is why you don't solely draft for "best available" with absolutely zero regard for what you already have (or expect to have).

2020 draft was tricky enough.
At least with Highmore we might have something to trade.
Interesting to note though, that Brockman went the pick after Highmore, and he seems a handy type.

Not a rort, the salary is under the cap for both clubs, makes clubs be accountable for their long term contracts.
If Grundy goes, that is 2 x 300k effectively a 600k player they have lost.

Not a rort, the salary is under the cap for both clubs, makes clubs be accountable for their long term contracts.
If Grundy goes, that is 2 x 300k effectively a 600k player they have lost.

And they are still 2nd on the ladder...

Shows that the big money players aren't always worth the hype.

Coaching, development, game plan, buy in etc all play a much bigger role that sheer talent.

You keep saying it but its just not accurate.

One 1st round pick that brought in Hill, Howard & Ryder.

One 1st round that brought us another 1st & 2nd

One downgraded 1st that brought us a 21 year old.

There’s reasons why we are lacking talent but it is not because we are ‘topping up for years’ as you keep stating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used second and third round picks for years to bring in players. Steele was a great get. Hanners, Freezer, Jake Carlisle, Hill, Lee, Saad, White, Hickey, Longer etc not so good.

In 2016 for example. We gave up a 2nd rounder for Freezer, a future second for Steele, traded out picks 10 and 68 for a 2017 first and 23 and 36. Pick 50 and a future 5th rounder for Koby Stevens.

2017 we bought our way back into the second round to get Clavarino by selling out 2018 2nd round pick to Port. Also traded a future third for Logan Austin.
2018 Hannerbury and pick 28 cost us a future 2nd rounder and Tom Hickey's compensation.
traded in Kent with a late pick.

2019, traded pick 28 for 36 and 46 from Melbourne. Ended up using those on Parker, Young and Hind.

2020, had traded away so many picks that we only had 26 and 45 which we used on Alison and Highmore after trading down for Jack Higgins and still paying the last extras in the previous deals for Hill, Ryder and Howard.

We sold players like Bruce and Hickey to buy back into drafts and you can argue how successful that has been but we have definitely been trading our way out of drafts to cover a missing generation from poor drafting in the Trout era and get back into drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back