List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also stuck behind absolutely no one in the ruck and still can’t get a gig.

Weideman as the hybrid is behind Gawn, Jackson and Brown.

Rata as the hybrid is behind Stanley.

Personally I see no real difference between the two.
Esava is a better ruck and bigger body.

Weed a far better forward.

I thought the Goldie list manager was pretty forthcoming and honest.
Aside from their absolute ******* President, they’re a pretty decent, if largely anonymous, club.

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
Craig Cameron also said that he thought the Ben Long trade would be done early and that discussion have already taken place.

I thought JDG just left for the US again recently. Must be having a very short trip of he's coming back to be announced tomorrow.

It’s perfect.

Collingwood announce long term, no escape clauses contract in the arvo.

JDG arrives back just in time for the BnF that night

kCLepLQ.jpg

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Current OOC (Minus probably Higgins and Jones because I can't find anything official about their contracts, plus Long who is obviously going)

3. Zak Jones - Link
13. Ryan Byrnes - Link
21. Ben Long - Link
22. Jack Higgins - Link
23. Jack Bytel - Link
31. Jarrod Lienert - Link
Byrnes is contracted for next year.

Ryan Byrnes also has a contract for next season after reaching an agreement with the club earlier in the year.

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

Potato, potato really.

I wouldn't be against Ratugolea if he was cheap, he has a bit of Levi Casboult value to him; limited but offers some contested marking/pack smashing ability and can pinch hit in the ruck. He's not someone you would plan on being in your team long term, but he's good depth. Also, he's only 24. I think he's got another year on his contract so Geelong would probably want something for him other than a token pick. If it was a Peter Wright-esque 4th rounder we'll give you a new start tye deal, sign me up. Keep in mind it wasn't long ago we had Shaun McKernan as our depth...

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
If Bowes gets to choose his destination then were pretty cooked Id say
Tell his mother we are going to offer him whatever number he wore at the Cairns Saints as a junior, watch her sentimental side take over. “Jackie you’ll do what your mother says, you go to St Kilda now or I’ll tan your bloody hide”

Footnote: as per my last post, we could be a family friendly club too 🤣

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wood, Highmore, Campbell, Peris all signed 1 year deals

Geez that's a bit rough on old Masedog Wood, I thought he'd earnt a 2 year deal off his second half of the year, he was one of the few who actually looked better as the year went on. I noticed because he was my whipping boy in the first half of the year.

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wouldn't be against Ratugolea if he was cheap, he has a bit of Levi Casboult value to him; limited but offers some contested marking/pack smashing ability and can pinch hit in the ruck. He's not someone you would plan on being in your team long term, but he's good depth. Also, he's only 24. I think he's got another year on his contract so Geelong would probably want something for him other than a token pick. If it was a Peter Wright-esque 4th rounder we'll give you a new start tye deal, sign me up. Keep in mind it wasn't long ago we had Shaun McKernan as our depth...
Jeez, he looks older than 24, feels like he's been around for ages too.

Would definitely take him for a token pick, Geelong usually look after their players leaving for opportunity, especially when they have a few incoming players.

Reckon he could be a good foil for King, he's good enough to drag a defender away for sure.

Jeez that's an interesting chat with Gags re De Goey. He genuinely seems to think we are still well in the mix.

Or if he's as good as re-signed as has been reported, Gags is not acknowledging it until it's officially announced.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Or if he's as good as re-signed as has been reported, Gags is not acknowledging it until it's officially announced.
True, but it was just interesting wording... "he's got a decision to make in the next few days".

Sainter1873

Senior List
Jul 1, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m not as critical of the club as some but if we weren’t interested in the Bowes deal we’d be idiots.

And I don’t think we are. Pick 7 for taking a talented young player is the definition of a no-brainer. Of course we have to have the cap room, but I’d be stunned if we weren’t all over it. Especially with the Long deal ongoing.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Tell his mother we are going to offer him whatever number he wore at the Cairns Saints as a junior, watch her sentimental side take over. “Jackie you’ll do what your mother says, you go to St Kilda now or I’ll tan your bloody hide”

Footnote: as per my last post, we could be a family friendly club too 🤣
Start on his father - he grew up and played footy at Mt Eliza.

Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls
I don't think JDG ever wanted to leave and he wanted the clauses struck so he did use us as a pawn but there was absolutely no harm in chasing him in a responsible way. We put up an offer (for a guy that was only even slightly available because he's an off-field nightmare).... but didn't get Brad Hill desperate and sell our future to get him. I think we handled it pretty well. Chucked our offer in, didn't get it done so moved on.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. I think we handled that like a grown up club would have done it. I can't see anything the club did wrong but I think we were used still. I'm pretty sure that was Sully's point too.
My point was more that it appears we were used because our offer wasn’t miles ahead to make it seem like a genuine decision of money v loyalty.

But if we did, there would be a number of supporters let alone media personalities attacking the club for being negligent

Which is why I said it’s a fine line. Ultimately - according to Gags we are right in this

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Geez that's a bit rough on old Masedog Wood, I thought he'd earnt a 2 year deal off his second half of the year, he was one of the few who actually looked better as the year went on. I noticed because he was my whipping boy in the first half of the year.
Might have a games trigger for a 2nd year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back