List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneaky little like there from MG 😂 I’ve been reading Stav’s post which are great updates, just wasn’t sure how much he had form inside the club these days. Although I’m reading everyone’s post it’s important to know certain names 😅

I'm an itk too, definitely pay attention to everything I post

"I wouldn't know Jack Bowes if he jumped out of my porridge but looked him up on AFL Tables.
That's an exceedingly ordinary at of numbers across five seasons.

Maybe St Kilda don't want Jack Bowes."

My point was maybe St Kilda don't want Jack Bowes which would make the trade pretty stupid.

I thought I'd made it pretty clear that I don't know much about him. But you know that it's a missed opportunity despite knowing nothing about the surrounding circumstances. Which is incredible to me.
There is certainly a lot of reading between the lines to do with the Jack Bowes situation.

Not just that the AFL's sudden relaxation of unbalanced trading strangely coincides with the fact that the GC salary cap is bursting at the seams and they hold a plethora of draft picks. Mark Evans voice clearly still heard back at HQ.

But also you would have to say that Stuart Dew and GC have made a clear judgement that Bowes is the least likely of the high draft picks in their stable, to stake a midfield claim. Whether that's a question of durability or talent or something else is unknown to us fans. But it would be wishful on our part if we think we can change that.

With players nominating a club, has a player ever nominated a club where the club hasn't shown interest in the player?
Caldwell & Saints?

Sneaky little like there from MG 😂 I’ve been reading Stav’s post which are great updates, just wasn’t sure how much he had form inside the club these days. Although I’m reading everyone’s post it’s important to know certain names 😅
giphy (2).gif

All this talk about the concerns regarding the behavioural contract clauses in JDG's proposed contract and the now pressure from the AFLPA over the contractual stipulations mean Collingwood will inevitably renege and offer him a much easier contract.

Not good news for us. I think he definitely stays now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Football Manager Chris Davies has come out and said "We have got interest in South Australian players who might be interested in coming home, definitely,"

This was when questioned about Jack Graham but it sounds like they might have more irons in the fire.

Really hope we dig our heels in if they come for Nas

Last edited:
Tomlinson not going to Dogs
Would happily look at him and Weideman if the price was right.
Imagine both have a fairly heavy contract to pick up though so Melb may part with them cheaper than expected

Port Football Manager Chris Davies has come out and said "We have got interest in South Australian players who might be interested in coming home, definitely,"

This was when questioned about Jack Graham but it sounds like they might have more irons in the fire.

that's ok we'll just take Rozee off their hands if they want NWM

Reckon they would be in the ear of every kid drafted from SA in the last 2-3 years plus everyone listed to be drafted this year.

Haha fair enough, although he is one of the biggest turncoat Mondays experts out there and when he inevitably puts us in the bottom four of his ladder next year I'll actually see that as a good sign.
They're all turncoats, it goes with the territory.
Can't disagree with what he said though, we're in a hole ATM and I don't see anyone is gonna give us a leg up. Taranto and Hopper will go to the Tiges, Bows and P7 to the Cats, and everyone else who's any good to the Pies.
We are offloading younger types with potential for "draft picks" whilst holding on to older types who've fizzled out and we have a game plan that's 20 years out of date.

The player trade market is the ultimate litmus test of where a club is at because it's 100% controlled by industry insiders who know the actual truths. We got a sugar hit in 2020 after tossing Richo but we've fallen flat again and we are simply not rated by players wanting a premiership and we can't even attract a spud like Bowes for the sake of improving our draft hand. It's a pathetic state of affairs..

Reckon they would be in the ear of every kid drafted from SA in the last 2-3 years plus everyone listed to be drafted this year.
It's obviuos that the draft isn't working for equalisation if players keep going home,Geelong have the same pull on Geelong Falcon kids the only answer would be to allocate U18 clubs to teams as a feeder say we get Sandy Drag, we take who we want & the ones we that we don't draft goes into the open market for any team to draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back