List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Why take the best defender in the VFL when you could get a bloke that's never played a good VFL game?
I’d wait for a more reputable source before I get too excited…

But as I put in a different thread, Phillips is too good for VFL, but simply too slow for AFL.

Excellent footballer, but the extra athleticism of top AFL forwards would be too much for him.

I’d wait for a more reputable source before I get too excited…

But as I put in a different thread, Phillips is too good for VFL, but simply too slow for AFL.

Excellent footballer, but the extra athleticism of top AFL forwards would be too much for him.
Hopefully we've found one in Van Es. He's big and quick, we'll probably find out pretty quickly how good he is. Aside from that we also have Cordy now.

Hopefully we've found one in Van Es. He's big and quick, we'll probably find out pretty quickly how good he is. Aside from that we also have Cordy now.
Howard, Battle, Cordy, Van Es…

All of them are above average athletically. Allison is a far inferior prospect to Phillips on production, but as a fifth option, ie extremely unlikely to play, he’s miles ahead on his ability to “go with” the elite athletic prospects if played in defence.

Hell, even Highmore would be ahead of Phillips at AFL level on that basis.

Phillips will have a long and storied VFL career, and there’s absolutely no shame in that whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back