List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

100% this

Liam is hard as a cats heat and always left everything out there.

Was one of our more physical players - which I think we'll miss.

Ultimately though, given his public mental health and anxiety battles ... I don't think he was helped by his high profile pick swap trade in the media.

Not fit enough for a full time midfield role, wasn't quick enough for a lock down defender role and due to his fitness base - his fatigue definitely affected his kicking skills (which were much lauded pre-draft).

I think a new scenery would do him a world of good though.

* that bump on mihocek was hard.
Mihocek’s a big boy too, and he stayed down.

North always wanted him to be a forward marking target, and i think he struggled big time.
Out on the wing he's pretty good IMO.
He’s perfect for that modern day wing role.
Tall, can run all day, kicks goals and can push back and help out the defence. A good, running offensive gameplan would suit him massively

Tall, can run all day, kicks goals and can push back and help out the defence. A good, running offensive gameplan would suit him massively
There is probably only room for one of Wood and McKenzie. I prefer DMac who is less prone to a blunder, but given how injury prone both of them are it's good to have the depth.

Mason was never a turd in my eyes , i have backed him in from day one unlike a lot on here
So the process (train on / turd polishing) only works when CaptainRisky approves of the candidate?

My point wasn't about Mason Wood specifically. It's more about the bargain bin diving to uncover latent talent has worked for us in the past, so it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

The noise around Stocker seems to be that he is talented enough, he just needs to get the physical side right. No better way to find out id he is up to it than to put him through a rigorous pre-season.

I got the impression that Ratten liked his wingers tall and able to take a mark.

When its hard to get the ball out of the opposition 50 , you want to try to skew the odds in your favour. Someone who can take a contested mark is an advantage.
In the old days they used to run close to the boundary, if they could take it clean, fine, otherwise batting it out was still better than a turnover.
So the odds were that you'd either take possession or have a throw in. Even kicking it long so it rolled out used to be a reasonable result.

Now if you lose that contest , you are likely to turn it over.

So the process (train on / turd polishing) only works when CaptainRisky approves of the candidate?

My point wasn't about Mason Wood specifically. It's more about the bargain bin diving to uncover latent talent has worked for us in the past, so it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

The noise around Stocker seems to be that he is talented enough, he just needs to get the physical side right. No better way to find out id he is up to it than to put him through a rigorous pre-season.
You're correct

You're correct

I now agree with you

Yeah but everyone is different as is their dose of anxiety. It's a condition on a spectrum and can be enough to drive some to suicide.
of course but the assumption you made is that stockers anxiety is at a level not conducive to an elite environment.

that's pretty big bow to draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy Vossy.

More likely Cerra, Hewett and Kennedy come in and still have Brodie Kemp in reserve. Inside mids are in surplus with Cripps and Walsh taking two spots straight up.

He isn’t a late bloomer. He was really highly touted in the same draft we took king.

Though if he makes it (blooms) at St Kilda in his second run at AFL football, he will be a late bloomer in that he did not establish himself as an AFL player the first time around. At present we are still to add him to our list.

Agree he had talent before the Blues picked him. And also agree that he is worth looking at.

You should try to hunt down Stockers interview on SEN a while back after he was delisted.
Facinating stuff re his anxiety levels and how he’s learning to deal with them and also his sacking from Carlton
I think it was with Andy Maher?

Interestingly in amongst that he says he has run a 2km time trial in 6:30.

Can't see why those issues wouldn't be issues at the Saints either.
I guess he has the pre-season to show that he can improve.

My Carlton mates say that he has a fair bit of the FIGJAM about him as well. Nathan Buckley levels they reckon, without the runs on the board, and doesn't exactly endear himself to his teammates.

Take that with a grain of salt though, cause seems like they went from 'Great player, matter of time' to 'Overrated & lazy' in a heart beat.
Social anxieties often mistaken for arrogance.

Might find himself in a more comfortable environment with a mate in King at the same club.

Social anxieties often mistaken for arrogance.

Might find himself in a more comfortable environment with a mate in King at the same club.
That’s a good call and we are genuinely well known for being aware of and taking care of mental health issues especially with the Danny Frawley wellbeing centre.

There is probably only room for one of Wood and McKenzie. I prefer DMac who is less prone to a blunder, but given how injury prone both of them are it's good to have the depth.
Love DMac but Wood is a very handy goal kicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back