List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Dmac, Wood, Hayes will be his favourite players. Interested in how he rates Dan ‘Underrated Pressure Acts’ Butler
I can see RTB saying now pressure acts are a useless stat....means you don't have the ball. Cannot win games without the ball.

Gilbert was fast courageous and ran all day but kicking was not his forte. CMac is all that but a better mark and kick. Wood is better at both than CMac.

Hayes should wear 27 dye his hair and he will be the next Jo Blake only issue is he is not as mobile but a better mark and kick.

Butler is a smart footballer and he will adapt to RTB not negotiables. Don't think we will see many of those 8m dinky kicks of the outside of the boot that rarly come off.

I can hear Ross saying now.....son pick it up take possession....get tackled but don't lose possession.. we will reset and back ourselves to win the clearance....that's the way we play at StKilda...right Rooey...Rooey...oh damn forgot...right Lenny Lenny...

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see RTB saying now pressure acts are a useless stat....means you don't have the ball. Cannot win games without the ball.

Gilbert was fast courageous and ran all day but kicking was not his forte. CMac is all that but a better mark and kick. Wood is better at both than CMac.

Hayes should wear 27 dye his hair and he will be the next Jo Blake only issue is he is not as mobile but a better mark and kick.

Butler is a smart footballer and he will adapt to RTB not negotiables. Don't think we will see many of those 8m dinky kicks of the outside of the boot that rarly come off.

I can hear Ross saying now.....son pick it up take possession....get tackled but don't lose possession.. we will reset and back ourselves to win the clearance....that's the way we play at StKilda...right Rooey...Rooey...oh damn forgot...right Lenny Lenny...

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ross pretty much always has players in his team who are in there just to tackle. I can see Butler being one of the first picked.

If Ross and his teammates use him well and he's causing damage it doesn't matter as much - the oppo will have to put time into him.
Also there are two wings - I don't think they both need to be the same type. One can be offensive, the other defensive.
I'm not against the high hff option, but happy for Ross to use him on the wing early. If it fails, it fails. Ross would know better than us, having coached him and all.
We have 4 wingers that can be rotated.

Ross pretty much always has players in his team who are in there just to tackle. I can see Butler being one of the first picked.

It would actually make sense in a Ross set up.

All I know is that we were heading for the most boring, meh, depressing off-season and 2023 season - and look at us now after an 180degree turnaround.

Still can’t actually believe what has happened - but damn, I’m excited! 😍

All this talk of RTB brings to mind the footage of young Saints fan Jack Higgins at that game all those years ago. He must be absolutely pumped that Ross is back and in charge.

I'm predicting a huge year from young Jackie boy, AA Squad levels! 😲
I think the having the coach who presided over one Steven Milne is what will be key for Snags. Someone who will allow him to play his natural game.

If Ross and his teammates use him well and he's causing damage it doesn't matter as much - the oppo will have to put time into him.
Also there are two wings - I don't think they both need to be the same type. One can be offensive, the other defensive.
I'm not against the high hff option, but happy for Ross to use him on the wing early. If it fails, it fails. Ross would know better than us, having coached him and all.
Wood and Dmac are different though.

Wood pushes further forward and in doing so is a genuine marking target there.

Would be great to see Higgins go full Tiprat and tear the league a new one ... he showed real signs before his concussions slowed him down last year.
It was also the public telling off for selfishness quashed his mojo. Anyway who gives a crap. We accept the new regime and hopefully the winds of change can finally blow out the backlog of trash from the last 10 years of time wasting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much this. The best thing is that if the appointment had been a lesser mortal, we would probably have got caught up in all the negativity surrounding Ratts. The media are intent on flooding the afl world with slanderous garbage about Brett's dismissal (the emotive nonsense about "making him beg to keep his job" particularly gets under my skin) - but we are all pretty much on board with everything and bulletproof against the cheap shots.

Ross might be a bit older and more "comfortable" but he's still committed and not some maverick like Blighty, and I seriously doubt there will be any if the pushback from players that there may have been when Blighty took over.

I think the having the coach who presided over one Steven Milne is what will be key for Snags. Someone who will allow him to play his natural game.
And not call him selfish 🙄

It was also the public telling off for selfishness quashed his mojo. Anyway who gives a crap. We accept the new regime and hopefully the winds of change can finally blow out the backlog of trash from the last 10 years of time wasting.
Agreed … by that measure every good forward is selfish … anyone who kicked 1000+ is an especially super-selfish greedy f**k 😜

I don't know if Wood gets a game under Ross.

His best is great but one thing that Ross values really highly is consistency, especially with execution.

As big a tank as Mason has, and for all the 20+ touch, 8+ mark efforts, those random worm burners and absolute shank set shots could cost him.

Same with Gresham. I think he's someone that will settle forward for the ball for Ross but if he keeps spraying his field kicking at important times he's going to be held accountable.
Wood is going no where , he has just had his best season ever and is highly rated internally

Wood is going no where , he has just had his best season ever and is highly rated internally
Enright is the only remaining coach from last year so we have no idea how he is rated internally now, not by anyone that matters anyway.

He doesn't find a lot of footy for a wingman but is good defensively.

With Hill set to head back to the wing though someone is going to be pushed out of that role.

Spots are going to be tight IMO

Enright is the only remaining coach from last year so we have no idea how he is rated internally now, not by anyone that matters anyway.

With Hill set to head back to the wing though someone is going to be pushed out of that role.

You forgot that this was a thread all about 'Trade Discussions' 🙆‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Not relevant

We’ve tried Ross in other areas and it doesn’t work out very well for him or the team. He was back to his best last year playing where he always should play and if he ever moves again it should be because someone pushed him out of there. Until that happens he should be a midfielder because we don’t have many better than him. His contested numbers were decent as well, 9.5 per game is a good number.
Prefer Ross to tag and let Windhager off the chain.

Well he won the best clubman award so i take he is rated by people that know , yes he is going to need to be at his best to keep his spot but it just seems he is an easy target for a few on here

Well he won the best clubman award so i take he is rated by people that know , yes he is going to need to be at his best to keep his spot but it just seems he is an easy target for a few on here

He's like a hard rubbish find. You don't have the same respect for it because you didn't pay a fortune for it. He's been holding his spot and he's finally found consistency and stopped getting injured. They were the knocks on him at North. He's going to have to fight for a spot as you say but he's good as a high half forward/wing. If you were going on output over reputation, he's getting a game before lots of others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back