List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people are nuts if they think pick 8 is what Clark is worth. He was worth that as an 18 year old and fast forward 6 years hasn't done anything of note to warrant that sort of selection. Truthfully he is probably worth around pick 20 but if we can land pick 15 that would be a decent effort.

In comparison would we trade pick 8 for Tarryn Thomas? Both have potential with Thomas being a pick 8 and a year younger and Clark a pick 7 the following year.

Think we need to cool our jets and have a bit of reality.

It's interesting how many around here see Clark in comparison to Tarryn Thomas. Apparently the grass not grown to potential is potentially greener on the other side.

I don’t understand this take.

Some relationships don’t last.

Doesn’t mean the time was wasted.

Similar applies to player movement
I was saying that’s what we give up in the trade. I really like Hunter. But if he goes, he goes for market value - which is probably an early to mid second rounder.

Why? Because I think that the best value we could get for him.

Easy to just say if they want him so badly they just need to pay up. Why don't we demand pick one then?

8 for Clark is well overs for a player that hasn't been on the park a lot for 2 years and career has stagnated a little.

I'm happy for him to stay. North probably are too if they have to over pay for him.

If we really want another top 10 pick the ball is in our court as much as it is in North's. We either hold onto Clark or give something else to come to the party to get that pick.

Freo are sub contracting Bell to us for the Clark negotiations.

We’ll walk away with Pick 8, their future 1st & a counter meal at the Town Hall Hotel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting how many around here see Clark in comparison to Tarryn Thomas. Apparently the grass not grown to potential is potentially greener on the other side.
What do you mean by that Punter?

Seems most value Clark and Thomas around the same which I think is fair

Both showed plenty of potential early. Both stagnated due to different reasons. Both have had their knocks around how hard they work

We play hardball with North on Clark or forget about it.

Not interested in a "fair" trade for a required, contracted player with his potential.

Overs or he stays.

I hope he stays.
Agree, but obviously people have differing opinions on what Clark's value is and what is overs

I think due to the fact that he has struggled to get on the park for two years and struggled with his form (Not to mention the knock on his work ethic) the pick 8 for Clark and a late 2nd/early 3rd is overs.

I think if North gave up pick 8 on it's own for him they would be hung out to dry by the media

What does Carey and Laidley have to do with anything
As a kid North Melbourne in the 70s revolutionized the game , They were really the first team to put together a all star list.
They had icon's in the squad - Kieth Grieg , Dench , Alves , Barry Davis , Barry Cable , Wade , Blight , Glendinning , Dempsey , Krackouer brothers , Schimmelbush - list is long.

They set the club up to really motor on , they had success later on when Pagan and Carey came together.

But cut to today - the club is rudderless , there last captain who was a super star and Nth icon - disgraced him self at the club a long time ago and you would think there past hero's would be at the club trying to bring the aura back but no.

IMO , Image being a past player and one of the so called tough guys in there side for years was called the junk yard dog by Lou Richards due to he would give anyone a good scrap , a bit like Bruce Doull but of course not in the same class as the flying Door mat , is found to be a transvestite.
--- and let it be known I don't care if there are whatever at any club but I would not be promoting it.
But no - the woke and political correct / think it's great but most would be hurt seeing a princess being promoted at the club that has a rich history.
Would that entice Phil Kelly to push his son to go and play for his former club.

I just feel the leadership at the club were given the ball to run with and they dropped it long ago and the culture at the club has just exploded with icon's disgracing themselves.

Carey and Laidley have very little do with the clubs current problems but seeing them in the news when the club is going through one of it's worst times in it's history is not helping.

IMO

Agree, but obviously people have differing opinions on what Clark's value is and what is overs

I think due to the fact that he has struggled to get on the park for two years and struggled with his form (Not to mention the knock on his work ethic) the pick 8 for Clark and a late 2nd/early 3rd is overs.

I think if North gave up pick 8 on it's own for him they would be hung out to dry by the media

Sometimes people will ask a tradesman for a quote on a job he doesn't really want to do. So he quotes a ridiculous price with the knowledge that they'll probably say no, and if they do agree, he makes a killing.

That's what we need to do when we're in a position to do so.

Obviously we don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot... but North are on their knees... I want us to fart in their face.

Because we aren't the list managers. What the majority of us think means nothing to them.

Hope we do keep him, like I've been saying all along.

But if we really do want a top 10 pick I don't see it getting done without adding more to the trade unfortunately
Correct we aren't list managers and the actual list managers have said they want overs for a contracted player.

If we get a s**t 'fair' deal. I won't be happy because

a) he is contacted
b) I want him to stay as he is a quality player
c) the noises coming from the club re not trading him for anything less than overs.

I didn't say his current value is pick 8,and that is the whole point. At least that otherwise he is worth more to us than a lower pick

Sometimes people will ask a tradesman for a quote on a job he doesn't really want to do. So he quotes a ridiculous price with the knowledge that they'll probably say no, and if they do agree, he makes a killing.

That's what we need to do when we're in a position to do so.

Obviously we don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot... but North are on their knees... I want us to fart in their face.
I’m starting to have more confidence in gags I reckon he will do exactly that. It will be pick 8 or a future first or no dice. We don’t need a future second

A late 2nd would get us something in there 30s which seems around the mark for someone uncontracted and who didn't have a best 22 spot locked down.
As I said I'm not a huge fan but id be hoping for an early second not a late

Correct we aren't list managers and the actual list managers have said they want overs for a contracted player.

If we get a s**t 'fair' deal. I won't be happy because

a) he is contacted
b) I want him to stay as he is a quality player
c) the noises coming from the club re not trading him for anything less than overs.

I didn't say his current value is pick 8,and that is the whole point. At least that otherwise he is worth more to us than a lower pick
I pretty much agree with everything you are saying

But my opinion is I don't see North giving up 8 for him

So either he stays, or we decide we really want that pick 8 so we add something else

I hope he stays

I’m starting to have more confidence in gags I reckon he will do exactly that. It will be pick 8 or a future first or no dice. We don’t need a future second
You're right, we don't need a future second, but I would love to have one coming back our way for a change, after years of the Saints special at trade time being "a future second"......

I pretty much agree with everything you are saying

But my opinion is I don't see North giving up 8 for him

So either he stays, or we decide we really want that pick 8 so we add something else

I hope he stays
Yes you get it, and most get it.

Presently I and you and most don't rate him as a pick 8.

That is not the argument. I wish people would at least try and understand what we are saying on this instead of ' Anyone who thinks Clark is worth pick 8 hAs rOcKs iN tHeIr hEaDs'. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back