List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time we took 7 and 8 to a draft it didn’t work out so well
I can't help but feel it's way too early to make that call. Neither of them are anywhere near their prime, both have showed plenty, top 10 in the BnF in 2020 then had the past couple of seasons ruined by injury. As it stands I would say I'm happy enough with their progress but would need a full injury free season to make a proper appraisal of where they're at. I guess that's why I can't comprehend the sudden rush to move Clark on.

I would be disappointed if we put all our eggs in the JDG basket.

I have not been the biggest fan of our trading the last 3 or so year since gags came on board as some others have.

Pretty much got shafted in the Hill deal paying massive over and not getting near enough for Bruce.

Only trades we be involved in is Clark (pick 15 or under) and Hill pick 20 odd.

Hit the draft unless i young gun 22 or under wants to come to us. Topping up has not worked for us at all
So reading between the lines you're saying that Gags & Co have under-performed. I completely agree - surely you would like to believe that they had a Plan B if De Goey failed!?!?! I think Gags is on borrowed time anyway.

Seems a prevailing attitude that our list management strategy is effectively…

View attachment 1525931

Frankly, I don’t think it is. I think we DO try, I just think we’re not a particularly attractive destination…

Yup, there's no selling points. No highly rated coach, no good development structures, not much more cash available than anywhere else, in the same city as 8 other clubs. There's other clubs that can easily step ahead of us in line for any proven players, which leaves us with Hartigan.

Yup, there's no selling points. No highly rated coach, no good development structures, not much more cash available than anywhere else, in the same city as 8 other clubs. There's other clubs that can easily step ahead of us in line for any proven players, which leaves us with Hartigan.

Pessimistic view considering the trade window is still open! Also if i am not mistaken we have had had no issues in recent times having players nominate us. Seeing as we are only after players that won't cost early picks in return the field was very thin this year to begin with.

Doubt GC will trade pick 5 after trading pick 7

They have 3 highly rated academy kids for next

Also next years draft is said to be quite strong so we'd be better off keeping it IMO

This all depends though if we have a target such as Cadman which fits with what Gags is after. Would be nice to have a genuine CHF to help Max.

It’s only an issue if we don’t have someone better then Bowes during that duration.
My comment was addressing all 17 clubs rather than just St Kilda.
Any of the clubs can manipulate their SC if the reward (#7) justified it.
That 13 of the 17 appear to be little interested would indicate the reward (#7) doesn’t justify such effort by them.
Thus the conclusion that the cost (Bowes) outweighs any benefits that might be derived (#7) for these 13.
So Bowes might be the issue rather than just spare salary capacity.

Listening to the Melbourne list boss on Trade Radio I reckon Adam Tomlinson might be on our radar.

Possibly that is what they are thinking?

Going off our track records, Geelong have made better decisions than us over the last so many years so for now I'd be backing them in
Well we’re not on our pat malone.
There’s 13 of the 17 clubs that have expressed little or no interest in the deal.
I take some comfort in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we’re not on our pat malone.
There’s 13 of the 17 clubs that have expressed little or no interest in the deal.
I take some comfort in that.
When a club openly states they want to improve their draft hand, have 850k x 5 in the kick after DeGoey said nada, there is a pick 7 and a potential first 22 on offer, and that offer is from a club that is already dealing with the club over another player, one would have the expectation said club would be all over the deal like a rash.

As they were unapologetic about going 'all in' on DeGoey, why wouldn't they go 'all in' to get to their goal of more dp's, spend the excess SC, and make the deal involve Long.

Don't know what the other 13 clubs goal is this D&T period, but above is the one for this club, but seems like it might be a bit too hard. Gags must be a bit tired after all the effort for DeGoey.

When a club openly states they want to improve their draft hand, have 850k x 5 in the kick after DeGoey said nada, there is a pick 7 and a potential first 22 on offer, and that offer is from a club that is already dealing with the club over another player, one would have the expectation said club would be all over the deal like a rash.

As they were unapologetic about going 'all in' on DeGoey, why wouldn't they go 'all in' to get to their goal of more dp's, spend the excess SC, and make the deal involve Long.

Don't know what the other 13 clubs goal is this D&T period, but above is the one for this club, but seems like it might be a bit too hard. Gags must be a bit tired after all the effort for DeGoey.
Because Bowes is not as good as DeGoey.

SEN are suggesting we have shown some interest in Tom Mitchell as Colllngwood are cooling?
Personally don’t mind it. I think he’s criminally underrated just because he’s not dynamic.
If we add a healthy Hunter, Tom Mitchell and pick 9 on top some growth from Windhager, NWM & Owens our midfield starts to look a lot deeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back