List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if we are keen on another key defender we need a 196 plus guy that will play on the big guys

Logue is the same as what we have. A poor man's Wilkie IMO
I agree and wasn't suggesting we chase logue

If they pay anything of substance for Logue they are silly

They made a huge mistake giving up 19 for CCJ when they had the threat of the PSD there in front of them. He ended up playing half the year in the VFL.

Logue is handy but he has been thrown around a but and dropped through the year.

I'd be playing hard ball and offering a junk pick too.

Bell likes to play hard ball, he'd do exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot
Preseason yeah they could but for a young key that they rate offering mates rates is just going to clog other deals. Jackson isn’t at Fremantle yet, anything can happen still happen so I’d be getting Logue out of the way starting with a future second plus deal.

Port open to trading Riley Bonner

And at least Clark has an excuse for not reaching the heights yet - getting your face smashed in twice in 12 months can set you back a step or 2.

The only excuse Thomas has is that he ended up at North.
Thomas definitely more stiff than Clark, I reckon.

Would i take Tarryn Thomas for Hunter Clark?? Yes and i think we are winning that trade long term.. I love Hunter but Tarryn Thomas is a special talent.

He is not worth pick 8

But north just might be on tilt.
They can sell Hunter to their fans but an 18 year old who will show glimpses for two years might not keep them from going bust.

It’s 8 or nothing

That makes you sit at a table, you're in a position of not selling though, so, depends on what conversations happen from there. North say offer second round, you're continuing to walk without a backward glance or acknowledgement.

JHF punts North are almost approaching GCS fire sale territory with zero upside and bone throwing.

"Worth" is all what buyers are willing to pay.

pick 8 lol

will never happen
even norf wouldnt do that

Sure they would, were stupid enough to run with the JK instances and have form in overreaching for flash in the pans then doing SFA with them.

I don’t understand this take.

Some relationships don’t last.

Doesn’t mean the time was wasted.

Similar applies to player movement
Come on, we're talking about a player who has barely scratched the surface of his AFL career. 68 games, a lot of promise; maybe in the bests in a handful of those.

We developed him for whatever it's worth and he will most likely be playing his best football at another club.

I'm happy for him to be traded for the right pick, but don't try and tell us it wasn't wasted development, unless the initial plan was to have him take a spot in the starting 22 most weeks for 5 years in order to trade him for a pick a little lower than the one we used on him (at best)?

You want your best players to stay.

At least he won't be giving any valuable IP to our rivals like Luke Ball did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irony of this board talking Thomas v Clark

One of Melbourne elite personal trainers (trained the Melbourne boys before they won the flag and trains NBL/WNBL players) posted a video tue other day of Thomas smashing out a session in an altitude room the other day.

What’s Clark doing

Logue can play on bigger blokes like May as he is strong unlike most of our guys the same height and also Cox from the bombers is going the be a beauty , Doesn't matter what number 2mtr was traded out , still more valuable than hunter ATM

My assessment of your logic is that Wright would also be more valuable than Gresham right now, because one could play a game tomorrow and the other could not. Part of the explanation of Clark's unrealised talent is due to David MacKay turning his jaw into low-grade custard. Then he put his head over it two more times (something we encourage in footballers) and got hurt another couple of times.

Wright plays pretty much the same position as our best young prospect and is 26. If we had only one more game before the world ended, perhaps I'd agree with you on Wright. Or if all the games were against St Kilda.

The irony of this board talking Thomas v Clark

One of Melbourne elite personal trainers (trained the Melbourne boys before they won the flag and trains NBL/WNBL players) posted a video tue other day of Thomas smashing out a session in an altitude room the other day.

What’s Clark doing
So we should get bodybuilders as footballer, they smash out gym work every day. You post the most rancid bs.

Some people are nuts if they think pick 8 is what Clark is worth. He was worth that as an 18 year old and fast forward 6 years hasn't done anything of note to warrant that sort of selection. Truthfully he is probably worth around pick 20 but if we can land pick 15 that would be a decent effort.

In comparison would we trade pick 8 for Tarryn Thomas? Both have potential with Thomas being a pick 8 and a year younger and Clark a pick 7 the following year.

Think we need to cool our jets and have a bit of reality.
You understand contracted players have more value right? I'm going to assume you do since you're writing in a football forum.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Come on, we're talking about a player who has barely scratched the surface of his AFL career. 68 games, a lot of promise; maybe in the bests in a handful of those.

We developed him for whatever it's worth and he will most likely be playing his best football at another club.

I'm happy for him to be traded for the right pick, but don't try and tell us it wasn't wasted development, unless the initial plan was to have him take a spot in the starting 22 most weeks for 5 years in order to trade him for a pick a little lower than the one we used on him (at best)?

You want your best players to stay.

At least he won't be giving any valuable IP to our rivals like Luke Ball did.
Years Development isn’t always an indicator that we are throwing away a talent.

Maybe it’s levelled out

Maybe he isn’t putting the work in to take it further (this is a genuine knock)

At some point you need to look at the individual and think - has this gone as far as it can go?

Only the club can answer that.

Too many have blinkers because they like the kid. It’s a business and a business decision.

Some are right. Some are wrong and some provide no value or loss.

My assessment of your logic is that Wright would also be more valuable than Gresham right now, because one could play a game tomorrow and the other could not. Part of the explanation of Clark's unrealised talent is due to David MacKay turning his jaw into low-grade custard. Then he put his head over it two more times (something we encourage in footballers) and got hurt another couple of times.

Wright plays pretty much the same position as our best young prospect and is 26. If we had only one more game before the world ended, perhaps I'd agree with you on Wright. Or if all the games were against St Kilda.
After reading that not sure what your logic is , I'm basing it on what 2mtr would bring to our side Vs a fit Clark as we have plenty who can play the role he plays, 2 mtr beside Max would make a far bigger difference to our side than a fit Clark , if you think that's untrue then the world really has ended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back