Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Some really interesting theories starting to develop and there hasn't been a competitive game played under a new coach/gameplan, with a different list to last year (injuries included)

Don't think the Demons leaked goals purely because of OMac.

Cuners playing a run with role doesn't mean he will be a tagger or trailing his opponent, moreso someone to take him to the next phase of play then use his burst, as was the case when he played on McGrath in the *game

Players can be rated completely different from one year to the other, from a side outside the 8, to then making finals

Point in case would be the Demons, 17th, 9th, flag winners

Wondering how those flag winning players were judged 3 seasons ago
I don’t give a damn I’m not ruling it out this year. Anything is possible

worst kept secret in town pommy looking to break out with his own show............
With ya on this. I think him and Hewett, two in the midfield group evidently not existing according to AFL media are two I think will have major impact if we are a finals side, the way we breakdown at the contest is alarming, these two live and breathe that

It's never too tall if there is enough agility

For the sake of the exercise

Ben Brown - Harry
Gawn/Jackson - TDK/OMac or Young
McDonald - Charlie
Fritsch - Martin

Also similar to the Dogs

Jsos is an extra, but you need to consider onball and bench rotations
How many times did they all play in the same forward line at the same time..... Jack plays only in the midfield when someone is injured it's still too tall tdk and the others are no way near gawn nor will they be

How many times did they all play in the same forward line at the same time..... Jack plays only in the midfield when someone is injured it's still too tall tdk and the others are no way near gawn nor will they be

Pretty much every game and when Brown wasn't playing, Weideman did. Too tall is a fallacy, if the sum of all parts works

Pretty much every game and when Brown wasn't playing, Weideman did. Too tall is a fallacy, if the sum of all parts works

Eh I don't think we need to play so many tall players though I get what you're saying but they also have had the luxury of having a ridiculously dominant midfield that makes them work a lot less harder. Being taller than your opponent is cool if you can have players actually hit you properly. No point being tall if you have to play more from ground balls. And yes I get the idea is the midfield will improve but...... until it actually does

Eh I don't think we need to play so many tall players though I get what you're saying but they also have had the luxury of having a ridiculously dominant midfield that makes them work a lot less harder. Being taller than your opponent is cool if you can have players actually hit you properly. No point being tall if you have to play more from ground balls. And yes I get the idea is the midfield will improve but...... until it actually does

One part hitting targets, one part more inside 50's, adding the likes of Hewett and Cerra will certainly improve both parts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got any ground ball stats to back this up at all? Or forward pressure stats? Melbourne weren't bad in either in their f50 as a hint....

whatever happened to Richmond being the 'benchmark' or Brisbane....every year the recency bias of who was best on the last day of football somehow makes comparisons between the latest and where anyone else is somehow valid or relevant to anything meaningful...

change the day/mood/an umpire call breakfast for two players a cloud moving in a different direction at a different time- and the result changes not only on winners but also who got to compete for the last win....

Carlton has to be built to play its own game its own way - and Ferk the rest along with their ideas/ways and means.

I hope this thought posted below turns out right as it is the best thought on preseason I've read so far - thanks for sharing Blue and Blue

I think ..and its based on not all that much granted..but there is growing evidence
that Voss is out to build a football team...not build players first and a team from them, but the other way round

the best players will rise from the team
and I hope ( as some observers have noted) that going through the guts DOES indeed become option #1.2.and 3 for the way the team is coached to play - dare to win is a good start.

Cripps as sole Captain - sad for Docherty in a way but it seems the burden off Doc's shoulders is translating to great on-field pre-season form for the Doch - getting him back and playing well would be an unexpected bonus for Carlton and more importantly- Doch.

The two main improvement areas I’m looking for this coming season are 1) more effective midfield set up, extraction hasn’t really been the issue but gaining possession and spreading out with a couple of quick hands and 2) kick to advantage in f50

If we can do this better with the inclusion of Cerra Hewett and the recent improvement of Kennedy, a fitter Cripps (no more back issues) then I believe we can be very competitive.

One other aspect to consider is a slightly weakened defence line with jones having retired. Bit of an unknown at this stage but I think we should be ok. More pressure from our mids and forwards should make life a bit easier down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back