Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Training report: Round 10. Wed May 18th, 2022.

With a long week, there will be two main sessions this week; and don't they need it haha. Today, and then on Friday.

Notable absences;

Crisp (it cannot be -- sick apparantely)
Sidebottom (as we knew he was ill a few days back)
Grundy (inj)
Wilson (Inj)

Kreuger was seen in the sling walking around.

Madgen didn't look too bad. He was already doing running sessions with Kelly, Johnson and Dean.

McMahon and Maynard left the track early. Someone told me McMahon limped off. I swear that kid he always seems to hurt his ankle or foot. With Maynard, he walked off with a trainer, but I was unable to tell what the issue was.

The first thing they did when they came out onto the ground was contest drills. Then followed up with a sprint test.

There was a lot of focus on tackling and contest drills before they began the match sim. They also did this following match sim.
Also focus on stoppage work.

While this wasn't the main session. I imagine it would have been helpful to name most of the squad. Given selection comes out tomorrow, so we'll have to name an extended squad.

During match sim:

Black team:

Lippa
De Goey
IQ
Elliott
Tyler B
J.Daicos
Noble
Pendles
Tay
Cameron
Poulter
Murphy
Moore
WHE (swapped between White/Black)
Ginnivan
Nicky D
Maynard (before he went inside)
Howe (I saw him early on, but disappeared...)
Mihochek
Cox

White team:

Bianco
Henry
Macrae
Cal B
Draper
Ruscoe
Reef
Murley
McMahon (before he went inside)
McCreery
Chugg
Harrison
Begg

Not exactly 18 v18

I think these would be the likely changes.

IN: Pendles, Ginni, Elliott, Cox, Murphy
Out: Cal, Henry? (I wouldn't but its easier to cut a kid than a senior player I guess) McCreery (also was in white) Begg, Madgen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training report: Round 11. Wed May 25th.

Lighter session given the tough slog that was perth on Sunday. Mainly focused on drills, and little bit of match play. Nothing too intense, that will be on Friday.

Ginnivan was on light duties and didn't train. He walked around the track, but that was it.

Krueger and Cox appeared briefly.
The former still in the sling

The latter didn't seem to be bad, he was walking around, possibly his finger taped, but nothing too extreme.

Other absentees;

Grundy
Roughy.

Dean, Kelly. Johnston, Madgen participated in some of the drills, then they did some running sessions in the later parts of the session.

This is the session before they name the extended squad tomorrow night, but think you can guess who would be playing. I think friday's session would onluy determine if Cox plays or he doesn't.

Blacks

• Lippa
  • JDG
  • IQ
  • Elliott
  • J.Daicos
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • Adams
  • Cameron
  • Henry
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • McCreery
  • WHE
  • Nick D
  • Maynard
  • Howe
  • Mihocek

Whites

• Tyler B
  • Cal B
  • Macrae
  • Draper
  • Ruscoe
  • Poulter
  • Reef
  • Murley
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • Chugg
  • Harrison
  • Begg

* Not including the injured or non participants.

Focus on tackling, transition from D50, inside 50's, kick long down the line to contests, working on ball movement. Then Ollie did some specilist marking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back