Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the feeling they’re going to try to use Carmichael to partly replace Adams’ output, and rotate him out for breaks with McCreery getting some CBA’s. Will make for interesting watching, especially if McCreery gets to wrap up Oliver or Petracca in the middle.

#thoughtsandprayers

love to see Mcreery in the middle at some point. there is a definite lack of speed in there.

I get the feeling they’re going to try to use Carmichael to partly replace Adams’ output, and rotate him out for breaks with McCreery getting some CBA’s. Will make for interesting watching, especially if McCreery gets to wrap up Oliver or Petracca in the middle.

#thoughtsandprayers

I bet Petracca and Oliver would back themselves to take on the tackler too. That'd be interesting. Reckon they might get a surprise.

love to see Mcreery in the middle at some point. there is a definite lack of speed in there.
Have a feeling Ginnivan will be spending some minutes in the midfield , short , sharp moments then push forward on the spread .

Petracca is very strong young man. Was doing 200kg box squats at 19yo.
I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but roughly 2.5x body weight is massive for an AFL player rehabbing an ACL at that age… TBH it’s a huge weight for any AFL player at any age or injury status. For me if he was doing that back then he should be capable of a lot more today. I reckon Ricky90 (if my memory of the JT and Keeffe story is bang on) was our resident weights expert? If so any thoughts.

Last edited:
I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but roughly 2.5x body weight is massive for an AFL player rehabbing an ACL at that age… TBH it’s a huge weight for any AFL player at any age or injury status. For me if he was doing that back then he should be capable of a lot more today. I reckon Ricky90 (if my memory of the JT and Keeffe story is bang on) was our resident weights expert? If so any thoughts.

Goldy apparently box squatted 220kg whilst waiting for a reco.

200kg x 3 reps

There's a reason he's a power mid guy trained his arse off from a young age both in the gym and footy field.

Fwiw my dad is a former Australian powerlifting champion who has competed at world's and a qualified pt. For a 19 year old who does the running these guys do that's an incredible achievement would love to know what his true full range squat is now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this apparently contributed greatly to his ultra fast recovery.
It was a very unorthodox approach that worked very well.

Was reading an article on an NBA player who basically played his career with no acl in either knee. After failed high school surgeries.

200kg x 3 reps

There's a reason he's a power mid guy trained his arse off from a young age both in the gym and footy field.

Fwiw my dad is a former Australian powerlifting champion who has competed at world's and a qualified pt. For a 19 year old who does the running these guys do that's an incredible achievement would love to know what his true full range squat is now.

That’s precisely why I was sus when you first went with it and ditto with what he can do now!

It makes me nervous to hear that Cal Brown was wearing a black top at training.

Surely we won’t be bringing him into the 22 ahead of Carmichael and Macrae?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It makes me nervous to hear that Cal Brown was wearing a black top at training.

Surely we won’t be bringing him into the 22 ahead of Carmichael and Macrae?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Brown was in white for the main session. Noble and Cox in white (from the brief clips I’ve seen) today says to me it was probably about balance not best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back