Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the training report Jen2310. Wondering about Cox. Another poster suggested he was in white today and you don't have him listed in either the Black or White column. But your report mentioned he trained.
Damn. Sorry. I'll go correct that. I try to run through the players through my head, I cleared missed him.

He was in white. Not unusual, as someone had to be during the ruck battle for the other team.

Thanks for the training report Jen2310. Wondering about Cox. Another poster suggested he was in white today and you don't have him listed in either the Black or White column. But your report mentioned he trained.
If both Cox & Cameron play Black…who do they ruck against in White?
I think it’s just a team balance, competition situation.

If both Cox & Cameron play Black…who do they ruck against in White?
I think it’s just a team balance, competition situation.
Exactly team balance. If both are in black, Begg is usually the opposing ruck.

You could tell he clearly is carrying something. The off season can't come sooner for a rest for him I imagine.
Then maybe he shouldn't play injured. I'd love to know what it is as he is never strapped up, limping or looking sore. He just isn't playing well. And why is he even on the track if injured? He should be on the massage table all week or having hot baths and relaxing.

Then maybe he shouldn't play injured. I'd love to know what it is as he is never strapped up, limping or looking sore. He just isn't playing well. And why is he even on the track if injured? He should be on the massage table all week or having hot baths and relaxing.
I think everyone has some sort of niggle at this point in the season. His I think is from that hip soreness he had a little while ago.

Harvey Harrison is built like a bull. I'm so disappointed he didn't debut this year. His pace and strength would suit our game style beautifully.
Yeah, he was unfortunate. He was meant to (when Reef did) but then got covid which set him back physically about 6 weeks, then played some games then did his hammy. But I recall early in the season how quick he springed up to the emergency list. He was ahead of the pack at that point.

2023 will be the year. He is explosive around stoppages. Has pace. A real big boy mid-forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, he was unfortunate. He was meant to (when Reef did) but then got covid which set him back physically about 6 weeks, then played some games then did his hammy. But I recall early in the season how quick he springed up to the emergency list. He was ahead of the pack at that point.

2023 will be the year. He is explosive around stoppages. Has pace. A real big boy mid-forward.
I recall he said he modelled his game on Dangerfield. That caught my attention. I thought it showed enormous confidence and even if remotely true he might be a real find.

I recall he said he modelled his game on Dangerfield. That caught my attention. I thought it showed enormous confidence and even if remotely true he might be a real find.
Its the comparison the club sees him as well.

Someone suggested hip.

I hope he has already set himself for a huge preseason.

He's listed as 181cm and 76kg on the Collingwood site. I assume he's put on a fair bit of size since that was published?
Yeah, that weight would have only been updated at the start of pre-season. Definitely looks bigger now.

Its the comparison the club sees him as well.
Harvey's a great kid. Apart from an alliterative name, he has a top attitude and has sunk his teeth in to improve. I reckon we'll see a debut from him fairly early in the season.

Phil inn with the right attitude I think might be a fair assessment of him, I think we just to get him cherry ripe for next year.
He has had a few setbacks and when ever I have seen he has looked ready to go, bullish power like Adams but bigger and more speed just need to get those hammies right.

We need one of Draper,Harrison or Macinnes to come through preferably 2 as then we will not need to use Nick at the coalface with his skill set I want him as a distributor myself, besides which all 3 opf those lads are bigger framed than Daicos, just horse for courses.

The club hasn't had much choice. There wasn't anyone else available unless we went back to Cox or Cameron as forwards.

Training report: Finals week 2 - v Freo. Main session. September 8th 2022.

Everyone present bar, Harrison, Dean, Grundy, Adams, Tyler.

Reef continued his rehab with some running.

It was a pretty brief session. Started around 9:15 and finished at 10:30. The session involved their warm up, some drills with pressure. Running drills, match sim stuff and then their own individual stuff.

Jordy sat out some of the drills, but he looks fine. Fly indicated post session he is right to play this weekend.
There was a report that Darcy went off with a knee complaint. But by the time I even heard about that, he was out there. So i didn't even know he went off. Must have been quite brief. Nothing to worry about.

Match sim teams.

Black:

• Lippa
  • Jordy
  • IQ
  • Elliott
  • JDaicos
  • Bianco
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • Cameron
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • McCreery
  • WHE
    NDaicos
  • Maynard
  • Howe
  • Johnson
  • Mihocek

White:

• Wilson
  • Kreuger
  • Henry
  • Cal B
  • Macrae
  • Draper
  • Kelly
  • Ruscoe
  • Poulter
  • Murley
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • Chugg
  • Begg
  • Madgen
  • Carmichael
  • Cox (changed to black when they put him forward)

There was a period where they had Kreuger in the ruck v Cameron with Cox down forward (Beggy was down FF at the other end)

In the middle you had Bruzzy, Josh at times, Jordy. Lippa and Pendles in there at times.
The other side of the coin you had Carmichael, Macrae and Draper I believe.

Mihocek moved better today, which was something. Even though still not 100% but an improvement on last session that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back