Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Captains do absolutely nothing in football anyway. It's not like cricket where the captain is the coach.

The job is basically honorary and meaningless and it makes no difference at all who the captain is.
Now, if you are talking about Carltons skipper, then I would agree. Twice in two weeks he let his team down. Showed no leadership. Can not read the game at all.
But in regards to Fremantle, if Fyfe decides to step down, give the job to Pearce. He has been skipper basically all season and done a very good job.
But all that is decided by the players at the club.

How long does player have to be injury free to do the injury prone tag? He's a season and a half without injury now.
secrets be quiet GIF by Matt Cutshall

I attended training this morning.

The only important things to report are that Drizzy trained fully and did not look hampered, and Tabs trained away from the main group until right at the end. My guess is we will go in unchanged. Logue did move away from the main group briefly but did rejoin them, so I assume all okay. Fyfe was there but did not train. There was no rehab group, except for Tabs.

I expected there to be many spectators, but there wasn’t - 60 people or so I would say. There were some tv cameras and some interviewing of spectators.

The boys started with some general warm up, then split into their defence, mids, forwards groups for some work. This was followed by some match sim on a reduced size ground with teams of 12 (I think). There were 3 groups of 12 and 1 group of 12 rested while the other 2 played. It is a miracle that we have enough players fit to do this exercise.

This was followed by a contested marking exercise. Tabs did join in for this. Players were paired up, and they ball was kicked in the air for a contest. Tabs and Moose paired up. The only thing of interest was that Kuek managed to take a mark with the most amazing leap from behind. I can’t remember who it was against.

This exercise was followed by some circle work and I left.

It was all very low key and no-one stood out to me.

Snuffaluphagus does this report need to be put in a different thread?

I attended training this morning.

The only important things to report are that Drizzy trained fully and did not look hampered, and Tabs trained away from the main group until right at the end. My guess is we will go in unchanged. Logue did move away from the main group briefly but did rejoin them, so I assume all okay. Fyfe was there but did not train. There was no rehab group, except for Tabs.

I expected there to be many spectators, but there wasn’t - 60 people or so I would say. There were some tv cameras and some interviewing of spectators.

The boys started with some general warm up, then split into their defence, mids, forwards groups for some work. This was followed by some match sim on a reduced size ground with teams of 12 (I think). There were 3 groups of 12 and 1 group of 12 rested while the other 2 played. It is a miracle that we have enough players fit to do this exercise.

This was followed by a contested marking exercise. Tabs did join in for this. Players were paired up, and they ball was kicked in the air for a contest. Tabs and Moose paired up. The only thing of interest was that Kuek managed to take a mark with the most amazing leap from behind. I can’t remember who it was against.

This exercise was followed by some circle work and I left.

It was all very low key and no-one stood out to?

Doing those routines on a smaller area just makes it more congested, so faster decision making.

Which no doubt is what’s required against Colwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captains do absolutely nothing in football anyway. It's not like cricket where the captain is the coach.

The job is basically honorary and meaningless and it makes no difference at all who the captain is.
Nah, that's horseshit. Way more media obligations and stuff that takes you away from football/recovery etc, you have to set the tone, lead the men (many of whom are leaders themselves if the team is good) throughout a season of ups and downs. Doubtless more input with coach too.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back