2023 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought someone else had been keeping this one up to date!

Zane Duursma debuted a few games back, looks comfortable at NAB League level so is an early one looking good from VIC

Nick Watson of the Eastern Ranges is debuting against Sandringham tomorrow and Christian Martini from the Northern Knights isn't far off as he's been named in their emergencies for tomorrow

Big George Stevens is also playing NAB League for GWV Rebels. He is in the Vic Country U17s squad. He is, as Jonathan Brown says, “a big lump of a lad”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nate Caddy (Northern Knights, Midfielder) was listed at 188 cm but I don't think that's right, either way was a strong ball winner at stoppages in particular, used it well going forward to

Any relation of Josh Caddy?

I thought someone else had been keeping this one up to date!

Zane Duursma debuted a few games back, looks comfortable at NAB League level so is an early one looking good from VIC

Nick Watson of the Eastern Ranges is debuting against Sandringham tomorrow and Christian Martini from the Northern Knights isn't far off as he's been named in their emergencies for tomorrow
Harley Reid last few weeks for Bendigo and Sam Frangalas for Dandenong this week aswell

Kade Maddigan maybe one to watch. 16’s this year for Norwood, won their club champion award, played some 1st 18 for Rostrevor getting in the best players once - and now I see had a run for Norwood U18 picking up 13D on debut.

Smaller stature but a very well balanced tough nut.

My first time watching Stevens, Reid and Watson and, from what I've read about Tyzreise Clark:

01: Nick Watson.
02: George Stevens.
03: Tyzreise Clark.
04: Harley Reid.

Edit: Maybe Duursma at 05.
WIth just the 5 mentioned I'd put Stevens and Clark comfortably behind Duursma, Reid and Watson

Posted this in another thread, might as well add it here, theres 5 kids who have stood out at this early stage as top 30 talents imo.

1. Jack Delean - SA
2. Harley Reid - VC
3. Nick Watson - VM
4. Daniel Curtin - WA
5. Will Patton - SA

Tom Wheaton - SA another i liked the look of.

I could also add Zane Duursma and a couple WA players, but trying to find their dob and being a bit conservative.

Posted this in another thread, might as well add it here, theres 5 kids who have stood out at this early stage as top 30 talents imo.

1. Jack Delean - SA
2. Harley Reid - VC
3. Nick Watson - VM
4. Daniel Curtin - WA
5. Will Patton - SA

Tom Wheaton - SA another i liked the look of.

I could also add Zane Duursma and a couple WA players, but trying to find their dob and being a bit conservative.
Totally agree re Curtain. It’s very early but he looks the goods. Huge frame, strong and good decision maker.

Seen Delean a few times now and more impressed everytime. Not sure if he eventually moves into a midfield role but his hands and goal sense are excellent playing as a permanent forward.
From Sth Aust view ive liked Tattoli, Matz, Slade, Patton and an Eagles player who's name escapes me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so far these are my favourites for 2023

Jack Delean - SA
Nick Watson - VM
Daniel Curtin - WA
George Stevens - VC
Harley Reid - VC
Will Patton - SA
Koen Sanchez - WA
Tyreise Clark - WA
Tom Wheaton - SA
Zane Duursma - VC

jack delean is already souths go to scoring threat in under 18's. kicks bags every week.

wheaten looks like tom green, physically and play style from the little ive seen.

so far these are my favourites for 2023

Jack Delean - SA
Nick Watson - VM
Daniel Curtin - WA
George Stevens - VC
Harley Reid - VC
Will Patton - SA
Koen Sanchez - WA
Tyreise Clark - WA
Tom Wheaton - SA
Zane Duursma - VC
Just watched the South vs North U18's game, Jack was on fire again 5 goals and several give offs that resulted in goals, very, very special player this lad

Manny Laulu from Richmond NGA playing Under 14s in 2019. Possibly draft eligible in 2023

Charlie Naish draft year in 2023. Maria Rioli (sister of Maurice) also

Manny Laulu from Richmond NGA playing Under 14s in 2019. Possibly draft eligible in 2023

Charlie Naish draft year in 2023. Maria Rioli (sister of Maurice) also
If he’s a top 40 prospect, he’ll be in the open draft pool and not nga eligible.

2 years of little footy for the vic metro kids is really going to take its toll at this age group, there is no hiding the lack of crucial development is going to be an issue for these kids. I am not sure there is an easy answer, perhaps the best would be to lift the draft age to allow the vic kids an extra year to catch up.

I am not sure there is an easy answer, perhaps the best would be to lift the draft age to allow the vic kids an extra year to catch up.
Or they could continue in the NAB League if they don't get picked up straight away?

Anyone else catch the Bendigo vs Geelong game last weekend ? Harley Reid was unreal, already in the Pioneers best handful of players. Haven’t seen much of the SA/WA lads but it would take a lot to dethrone him at the top of the 2023 rankings at the moment

2 years of little footy for the vic metro kids is really going to take its toll at this age group, there is no hiding the lack of crucial development is going to be an issue for these kids. I am not sure there is an easy answer, perhaps the best would be to lift the draft age to allow the vic kids an extra year to catch up.
I don't think catering everything to one state is exactly fair to players from the other seven states and territories. At least the Victorians have the chance to continue in their NAB League team for their u19 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back