2023 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These screenshots of mine were taken in 2018 from an episode of TAC Cup Future stars that aired in 2017.

Some familiar names here.

View attachment 1288656
View attachment 1288654

These are only a guide but no doubt more learned folk have seen more than just Stevens, Watson, Walter, Caddy and Duursma.
Harvey's interesting in there, GWS Academy with neat skills but really small currently, will be interesting to see if he's grown a bit over lockdown

Ned Hawkins tied to Sydney's Academy may be one to look out for, good pace and leading patterns as a medium forward with a good kick
Interesting to see how he develops next year. I think at this point Swans board only had King finishing in the top 30.

PMBangers.

R.e. those screenshots, there was another list of names but I didn't think to screen snap it but I got a list typed out a few years ago.

Caps lock warning.

JACK CALLINAN.
LACHIE BREWER.
LEO LAHEY.
HARLEY REID.
JED WALLACE.
CALEB CLEMSON.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think by the mid-year mark there will be a lot of new Vic entrants. There are some bottom bottom agers that no one has listed but played in 2021 that will climb into the top 15 2023 draft contention

Something here on Jack Delean and Will Patton.

There is a kid called Tom Wakelin. In year 11 at Haileybury this year. Will play school footy and then sandringham dragons. Unsure if he is any good or not.

Oh and yeah, the son of Shane Wakelin. Pies F/S

Only caught my attention seeing he has been working with Pulse8

Last edited:
Something here on Jack Delean and Will Patton.

Both are good kids, some nice talent in SA. Announced recently that this years u17's (2023 cohort) will play a national carnival in July and August b4 the futures game GF day. Great result for an age group that has missed a lot of rep footy. Some nice 17yr olds (bottom agers) at Oakleigh Chargers coming through. I think a 16yr old won their best first yr player at chargers in 2021. His name escapes me, but he's quick.

Very interested to hear people's thoughts on Jed Walter. I know he's spent part of the summer months training against Liam Jones at his local Palm Beach club and that should really help fast track some of his development. He's also a bottom ager in the NAB National Academy this year.

Would it be fair to say he's a top 5 prospect for 2023 given he's a key forward?

Very interested to hear people's thoughts on Jed Walter. I know he's spent part of the summer months training against Liam Jones at his local Palm Beach club and that should really help fast track some of his development. He's also a bottom ager in the NAB National Academy this year.

Would it be fair to say he's a top 5 prospect for 2023 given he's a key forward?
I think he will be right up there. He has been a good junior and looks like he has put some size on. The only thing I will say is that he will need to prove that he can mix it competing with the best kids in Australia. (e.g Sam Darcy kicked a bag in a trial game and shot up into the top 10) If he can show some weapons he could well be a top 10.

Hard to say given lack of exposure for that age group, and he didn't play in the Queensland v Tassie games. From what I've seen Im not convinced on his athleticism early on, could face similar questions that Callow and Bella did, but I feel Bella is probably faster.

But he's a strong mark and good shot at goal, so has got some good traits

These screenshots of mine were taken in 2018 from an episode of TAC Cup Future stars that aired in 2017.

Some familiar names here.

View attachment 1288656
View attachment 1288654

These are only a guide but no doubt more learned folk have seen more than just Stevens, Watson, Walter, Caddy and Duursma.
I just re-read this thread to see the predictions from way back and came across this. While there are some familiar names that are still draftable names, there are also some that no longer play footy or have not developed and have been left behind. An interesting list though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back