Fixture 2022 U19 Cricket WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Radhakrishnan is ridiculous.

Just bowls left or right arm spin depending on whether the batsman is left or right handed. Just changes when the strike changes.

I’ve never seen anything like it.

Oh and he bats 5…

Unbelievable.

Chuck him on the plane to Pakistan and India.

Last edited:

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bajwa’s lengths all over the place but he gets some spin. He’s tried to copy Ashwins action.

Two really promising young spinners coming through.

Carbine Chaos

See my Chess
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Everton
Radhakrishnan has come back strongly after an expensive first 3 overs. Now 3/42 off 8.1 and has been super impressive.

Has done his damage with the right arm offies.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Sorry, I meant represent Australia. :)
I missed the "the country" part. Yeah, I doubt there'd be any. Despite a strong subcontinent community, we haven't had many national representatives. I can only think of Uzzie, Gurinder Sandhu who play a couple of ODIs and Fawad Ahmed who played a few white-ball matches. I can see some in the future though with Tanveer Sangha looking promising and, potentially, Jason Sangha (still young), Bajwa Radhakrishnan as an ambidextrous all-rounder.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Just bowls left or right arm spin depending on whether the batsman is left or right handed. Just changes when the strike changes.

Oh and he bats 5…

Unbelievable.

His batting looks nice. Unlucky to go out great catch

Freo Big Fella

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2003
The great wide north
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Connolly has the potential to be a Shakib-type all rounder for us in coming years, amazing talent.

I remember hearing about him and thinking it'd just be a gimmick, but there was some absolutely jaw-dropping deliveries in the highlights package Fox ran this morning

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Connolly has the potential to be a Shakib-type all rounder for us in coming years, amazing talent.

I remember hearing about him and thinking it'd just be a gimmick, but there was some absolutely jaw-dropping deliveries in the highlights package Fox ran this morning

Exactly what I thought.

Until he landed both left and right handed right on the money different times throughout the one over 🤣

If he develops into a test level spinner he would be unbelievably hard to deal with in the subcontinent.

CliffMcTainshaw

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh

Oh and he bats 5…

Unbelievable.

I posted this a while ago in another thread. This is the future. Make sure you have a look at the video of him bowling.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...t/news-story/0a7721322854335b0948ec52f8278a72

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TommyD13

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Cant wait to see some of these guys crack Shield cricket in the coming years. Connolly especially.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Oh and he bats 5…

Unbelievable.

Made 100 first grade opening and 100 for Tassie 2nd 11...

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 31, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Higgins stats on my ticket over past 12-15 months don't look very convincing for an U19 Australian batter.

Maybe it's going to be a slow burn for him.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
Higgins stats on my ticket over past 12-15 months don't look very convincing for an U19 Australian batter.

Maybe it's going to be a slow burn for him.
Labuschagne wasn't putting up amazing numbers when he was around the same age. I am sure there is something they see in Higgins.

Disappointing result last night. Looks like the SL spinners got them.

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 31, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Labuschagne wasn't putting up amazing numbers when he was around the same age. I am sure there is something they see in Higgins.

Disappointing result last night. Looks like the SL spinners got them.
Yeah I suspect the pitches aren't really suiting us. And probably the first time many of these players have played on low, slow type pitches that nowadays are closer to subcontinent standard than English, South African of Australian.

Shame as it's likely a big reason for why the west indies suck right now. They should be creating pitches to suit their natural athleticism that got them to the top 40 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad