Fixture 2022 U19 Cricket WC

Remove this Banner Ad

There can’t have been many cricketers represent the country in turbans at any level. Does anybody know of any?

I think that’s a Sikh one Bajwa is wearing, but I could be wrong.
Harbhajan Singh springs to mind.

Sorry, I meant represent Australia. :)
I missed the "the country" part. Yeah, I doubt there'd be any. Despite a strong subcontinent community, we haven't had many national representatives. I can only think of Uzzie, Gurinder Sandhu who play a couple of ODIs and Fawad Ahmed who played a few white-ball matches. I can see some in the future though with Tanveer Sangha looking promising and, potentially, Jason Sangha (still young), Bajwa Radhakrishnan as an ambidextrous all-rounder.

Radhakrishnan is ridiculous.

Just bowls left or right arm spin depending on whether the batsman is left or right handed. Just changes when the strike changes.

I’ve never seen anything like it.

Oh and he bats 5…

Unbelievable.

Chuck him on the plane to Pakistan and India.

His batting looks nice. Unlucky to go out great catch

Connolly has the potential to be a Shakib-type all rounder for us in coming years, amazing talent.

I remember hearing about him and thinking it'd just be a gimmick, but there was some absolutely jaw-dropping deliveries in the highlights package Fox ran this morning

Exactly what I thought.

Until he landed both left and right handed right on the money different times throughout the one over 🤣

If he develops into a test level spinner he would be unbelievably hard to deal with in the subcontinent.

Just bowls left or right arm spin depending on whether the batsman is left or right handed. Just changes when the strike changes.

Oh and he bats 5…

Unbelievable.

I posted this a while ago in another thread. This is the future. Make sure you have a look at the video of him bowling.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...t/news-story/0a7721322854335b0948ec52f8278a72

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant wait to see some of these guys crack Shield cricket in the coming years. Connolly especially.

Oh and he bats 5…

Unbelievable.

Made 100 first grade opening and 100 for Tassie 2nd 11...

Higgins stats on my ticket over past 12-15 months don't look very convincing for an U19 Australian batter.

Maybe it's going to be a slow burn for him.
Labuschagne wasn't putting up amazing numbers when he was around the same age. I am sure there is something they see in Higgins.

Disappointing result last night. Looks like the SL spinners got them.

Labuschagne wasn't putting up amazing numbers when he was around the same age. I am sure there is something they see in Higgins.

Disappointing result last night. Looks like the SL spinners got them.
Yeah I suspect the pitches aren't really suiting us. And probably the first time many of these players have played on low, slow type pitches that nowadays are closer to subcontinent standard than English, South African of Australian.

Shame as it's likely a big reason for why the west indies suck right now. They should be creating pitches to suit their natural athleticism that got them to the top 40 years ago.

Fantastic read, incredible journey. I hope they can pull off an upset tonight and beat India.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back